December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That smooth pole is going to be tricky, I know.

b6575e.jpg

Mate that is a damn sexy piece of metal right there - keen to hear how she plays out.

That smooth pole is going to be tricky, I know.
Nah, bit of alum on your fingers and Bob's your homunculus.

Mate that is a damn sexy piece of metal right there - keen to hear how she plays out.

Thanks Stillsy. It will feature in Monday's SOTD. I'm reliably informed that it will take 2 - 3 shaves to get used to it. Never shaved with a SE blade so I'm a little nervous but hanging out for it.

Thanks Stillsy. It will feature in Monday's SOTD. I'm reliably informed that it will take 2 - 3 shaves to get used to it. Never shaved with a SE blade so I'm a little nervous but hanging out for it.
Wow mate, when you start, you know how to start right! Eye peeled for Monday…or the BST if it don't work out by shave 4 ;)

I like them that much, I've bought 4,500 of them and received a complimentary Dovo straight to play with :)
That's the first parcel, the second has the other 2,500!

I like them that much, I've bought 4,500 of them and received a complimentary Dovo straight to play with :)
That's a lot of blades...

Let me see, 4,500 blades at 4 shaves a blade (conservatively) that's 18,000 shaves or, assuming you shave every day, 49 years worth of shaving. Have you really thought this out properly?

4,500!?!?! Wow........really like the blade or did the economies of scale just make too much sense?

Are these the regular Polsilver Browns or something a little different.

I know, speaking of such, have you tried one yet ?
I haven't tried any of the blades you and Monsta gave me yet. I'll get there... So much new things to try so need to pace it all out.

I would buy them blades for the free straight... and never use the blades :p

I picked up a Poraso Green tub today to replace my fast depleting supply of White. Also hoping to pick up a Futur shortly, ahem @filobiblic ;), and the Dovo Shavette from @Nonick is getting a run at the moment, been a busy month this month, trying to find what works because I will end up with just one, well two, I think I'll have one for home and one for travel, not that I travel too often.

4500!

I'm just loving the scale!!!!! :)

trying to find what works because I will end up with just one, well two, perhaps three or maybe four, but then five is a weekday set and if I have a set it might as well be a full seven day one. I think I'll have a few for home and a couple for travel, not that I travel too often.

Let me see, 4,500 blades at 4 shaves a blade (conservatively) that's 18,000 shaves or, assuming you shave every day, 49 years worth of shaving. Have you really thought this out properly?
Yup :)
I genuinely like them that much.
And some will be pifed for you all to try, then ya on your own after experiencing the joy I do shaving with these :p

4,500!?!?! Wow........really like the blade or did the economies of scale just make too much sense?

Are these the regular Polsilver Browns or something a little different.
See above and they're vintage vintage, ie two generations deceased.
There's current with brown in the Polsilver design.
The alternating dark/light brown design that is no longer made.
And the ones that I've obtained, that are still labelled under Wizamet.

I would buy them blades for the free straight... and never use the blades :p
Also hoping to pick up a Futur shortly, ahem @filobiblic ;).
LOL it is a nice straight!
That Futur if the same, is on loan to me, awaiting me to get back to @filobiblic if it worked for me and I'm interested in purchasing it.
Just give you a heads up if you think he's holding out upon you, it's actually him being polite and affording me first opportunity, yet if I decline, I do believe you're next upon the list and I will endeavour to hasten my decision :)

4500!
I'm just loving the scale!!!!! :)
Knew you would ;)
Someone eventually had to give our illustrious leader a run for his money vintage bulk buying wise, just don't think he (or anyone else) expected it to be me :p
BTW, did you like the little thank you left in the PCTB 2 from the participants ?
Tried one yet ?

That Futur if the same, is on loan to me, awaiting me to get back to @filobiblic if it worked for me and I'm interested in purchasing it.
Just give you a heads up if you think he's holding out upon you, it's actually him being polite and affording me first opportunity, yet if I decline, I do believe you're next upon the list and I will endeavour to hasten my decision :)
Ah! I mustn't have realised that you were considering purchasing it... Haha! I fully thought you just wanted a try it along with the slant. [emoji4]

Ok, so I apologise to @dewy that it is first being considered by @borked - my bad! [emoji15]

Put it down to miscommunication upon both fronts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.