December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these Simpson synthetics suddenly. Poor old grand daddy Simmo would be turning over in his grave. Unlike my little Wee Scot I doubt he would put his signature on those new fangled plastic thingos.
Get with the times PJ. These inorganic brushes are groovy man!

Yeah I guess being a bit of a brush head I should try one. I believe the body shop have a decent one I could try. I've tried nearly every other bristle type.

It's not for the faint hearted. I made a complete mess of my first go. Hello learning curve, are you always so steep?

All these Simpson synthetics suddenly. Poor old grand daddy Simmo would be turning over in his grave. Unlike my little Wee Scot I doubt he would put his signature on one of those new fangled plastic thingos. I guess I should throw in a smiley here but the Drubster would never sign off on that.
Ban Drubstep temporarily so he is none the wiser, insert smiley, enjoy :D

Catie's has arrived.

esvlt2.jpg

Yeah I guess being a bit of a brush head I should try one. I believe the body shop have a decent one I could try. I've tried nearly every other bristle type.
Nah got to be a decent one, not sure about the Body Shop…unless you're talking the @Marlow Special a.k.a. Plisson synth...

My body shop one and my plisson are not that different. Am waiting for the simo!! Really hoping it's good!

Humidity has come up in cairns and the Badgers are not drying as fast as I would like!!

My body shop one and my plisson are not that different. Am waiting for the simo!! Really hoping it's good!

Humidity has come up in cairns and the Badgers are not drying as fast as I would like!!

Mate the synth simo will dry! It's incredible. It's so strange when your used to damp badger/boar

Mate the synth simo will dry! It's incredible. It's so strange when your used to damp badger/boar
I ordered mine shortly after you I believe. Hanging out to try it!!
I have been good and resisted purchasing anything else. To to to much soap. Brushes and razors :;(

Ybbor is a bit further North than you, in the wet tropics - so that could be a premature exclamation nonick

Does this qualify as a first world problem? [emoji6]

In other news I had to put these soaps in something. I ended up using jar lids and pressing the soap in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418151254.723967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418151270.107142.jpg

It does tend to go a bit messy but not too bad. $0 is never a bad thing

Oh lookie here -

Martin de Candre soap. This is the top portion from Bol en Bois. The container is a Jabonman (Manuel) container and customized by the seller, full with 96gr of soap.

Probably an expensive way to purchase per gram but a cheap way of testing it out.

So many new soaps to try now including some Stirling via @filobiblic :)

Just picked 20 Gillette platinums from razor emporium. Supposed to be good [emoji6]
I think they're excellent blades - of course having 3,000 of them will make one a tad biased. RM has around 2,000 of them as well. I'm actually surprised by the number of places that have these in stock as I thought RM and I almost got the last of them.

$USD3.36 per pack! I'm rich!!! ;)

--------

Wow this is getting REALLY artisany around here on the soap front! Look forward to the reviews on the MdC and CB.

Wow this is getting REALLY artisany around here on the soap front! Look forward to the reviews on the MdC and CB.
Wait until the Jabonman hits....

....waiting....

....still waiting....

....Christmas....

....2016!!!!!

[emoji30]

Lucky I have a little B&M sample booster pack coming in the interim to tide me over till the Spanish stuff rocks in [emoji16] don't tell me your parents got the flu filobiblic [emoji12]

Just picked 20 Gillette platinums from razor emporium. Supposed to be good [emoji6]
By themselves...or was something else included?

Status
Not open for further replies.