December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a synthetic knot?

Yes, Synthetic.

My weekend "No Shave" policy means that I can't give these a go until Monday, however I got my cousin to baptise both brush and soap today. He's a man of fine taste so his opinion is to be respected. May be I can coax him into giving you guys his thoughts today.

I am quite impressed by the scent of the B&M. Cuz mentioned that this soap may be on par with MdC but I can't recall if he was talking about the scent, performance or both. The ingredient list is quite impressive!

Liking this brush creates a big challenge for me. I dislike soft brushes! Knew this before I bought it but curiosity got the better of me.

@Ybbor - I'll let you know on Monday.

'..... Enters the room sits down with a cold stare says nothing but rubs his face. With that a smile appears due to the stellar shave he just had with B&M and a l'occitane synthetic.'

Peach was kind enough to let baptise he new acquisitions. with 24 hours growth and no coffee (machines in the shop getting its annual service ready for the festivities) I was really in need of some pampering; and that is exactly what I got. With slant in hand I went to work.

Being a hard soap and the Plisson incredibly soft I decided to start by filling the soap jar with a small amount of water.

I don't know if this was necessary but within 15 seconds of starting to swirl the brush lather was erupting from the brush and over the top of the jar. Continue for another 10 seconds the lather had worked its way up to the breach and thickened nicely. In terms of ease this stuff is certainly no second place to MDC.

Whilst working up the lather the scent began to develop in the bathroom. Slight hints of anise balanced with a fresh green fern. Very natural very smooth.

Back to the brush. Taking it to my face I was instantly assured this thing is the softest brush I have ever felt. Only my limited edition Kent comes close. The brush has all the desired elements of their HMW. Soft tips, good flow through and moderate backbone. You could scrub away all day and your skin wouldn't feel any worse for it. In terms of feedback you feel pressure from the knot but the tips just melt together and feel silky smooth.

During the shave, the soap felt very nice on the skin. Post shave my skin felt smooth and well conditioned. To sum up its a great soap and for me better than the experiences with Mikes natural. Specifically there was a lot more cushion and providing you add a bit of water to the brush in your painting strokes there's good slickness there to.

I really enjoyed both the brush and soap and think anyone has either of these two coming will be as proud as a peach!

Oh, lookie here -

It is shiny isn't it -

What is it anybody?

I think it is one of those thingys that people use to shave with. (Do I win a prize).

A good start ...

What the hell is that?...is it a floaty-head-thingymebob

You mean a Barbasol 'Floating-Head' Razor ?

The one with a fixed head but lots of blade exposure so the blade is described as floating ?

Never tried one of those ...

issey_miyake_leau_dissey_pour_homme.jpg

Arrived today

I used to have a bottle of that a few years back - I've no idea where it disappeared to.

You mean a Barbasol 'Floating-Head' Razor ?

The one with a fixed head but lots of blade exposure so the blade is described as floating ?

Never tried one of those ...
I got to hold one of these today! [emoji11]
And saw gazillions of other razors all waiting in line to be shaved with...

Drum roll.... Finally! The anticipation was killing me. Caught up with these orders in Sydney Town.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418103340.134104.jpg

Simpson classic 1 synthetic with travel tube

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418103371.435541.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418103394.067430.jpg

Queen Charlotte soap and cream samples

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418103455.068242.jpg

Balm!

Have to do some SOTD reviews in the next few days. [emoji11]

All these Simpson synthetics suddenly. Poor old grand daddy Simmo would be turning over in his grave. Unlike my little Wee Scot I doubt he would put his signature on one of those new fangled plastic thingos. I guess I should throw in a smiley here but the Drubster would never sign off on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.