December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's only eyes... ;)

Not shaving related - unless I set it up in the bathroom so one of you reprobates can critique my shaving style and panache, but I had one of these arrive this month. It is going to be used as a baby cam instead of spending many times more $$ on a babybrand specific model which probably does a lot less.
I have secured it as best as I know how, and set up a ddns service to view it through and am quite surprised at how good it is for the price paid.

It will instantly switch from normal RGB view to IR as soon as the lights go out, and the picture is clear as day, even across the internet to my 3g phone. The mic seems to work pretty well and I can hear the fan whizzing around in the room, but I've not tested whether sound can be heard at the camera end, or if you have to add separate speakers.
$_35.JPG

For the price (and I added a few other items to get free shipping from Amazon) it was a very good deal (especially as I only paid USD$75 at the time)

Last edited:
I've acquired a few Spanish soaps and am busy acquiring a tan at the moment...
~ desert island shaving in style ~
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418713563.635020.jpg

I'm really not sure I like the idea of knowing what some of you people look like.

There are too many identifying images coming up here, and some of you don't even look like the freaks I imagine you are in real life.

I'm really not sure I like the idea of knowing what some of you people look like.

There are too many identifying images coming up here, and some of you don't even look like the freaks I imagine you are in real life.
I actually have a tail, three arms and four legs...but you can't see that in the photo.

So more like Zoidberg than Fry then?

Phew! The reality is closer to what I imagined, and very different from your pic above.

e4c4004da2e97127671b8d4ebbc3f444.jpg

Me the week after using the blood letter aka R41.
It would not was out of my hair and as for the wires, first step in re-constructive surgery!

My Vie-Long 12705 arrived this morning. Looking forward to using it.

Given I ordered it yesterday at 2:25pm, and it arrives in Sydney at 8:15am the next day, Men's Biz has some decent service!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418766088.689035.jpg

Alas... The Vie-Long has been confiscated until the 25th... Looks like the review will have to wait.

Simmo decided to move in today.
Typically classic style to announce said synthetic arrival, using the excuse of delivering a few soap samples.

Several pieces of soap arrived in the mail today. I think the Godfather "who has never been Nicked" is sending me a message...

Did you get two ?
As if yes, you could offload one straight away to @filobiblic :)

The new toy. I finally managed to snag one after many disappointed trips to Italian Barber. Sorry about the crappy photo.

IMG_0991_zpsd32e833e.jpg
Great score! I think I've had the IB website on auto-load for the past few months... [emoji21] No luck for me but happy days for you! [emoji106]

Looking at it that way, it comes across as a very cumbersome head, which would not move around too well in tighter spots.

Looking at it that way, it comes across as a very cumbersome head, which would not move around too well in tighter spots.
That's exactly the feedback everyone says. But they also say it's a very smooth shaver with effortless shaves. Literally wipes off the stubble (as you'd expect from a slant) but with minimal irritation or special effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.