Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like this @Spencer Frankel
zDojdBW.jpg

I really wish people would resize their bloody images to 720 or 960, most image hosting services have excellent online resize features :D

Windsor soap pre shave
Feather AC DX non folding with Pro Super blade (1)
Tim's Greek Peach
Omega 49
Re-lather and cold rinse

New blades are deceptive in this thing. I got a couple of small cuts (my fault - trying to shave fast while being lazy doesn't work - it predictably only happened in places where I didn't stretch my skin) and I thought I would need a third pass but left it because I didn't want any more damage. But I'm sitting here writing this with a BBS shave anyway. Didn't seem like it at the time but new blades in particular cut closer than they appear at the time... Probably should choose a more protective soap for a new blade next time.

Omega 49 was a star although I think I prefer the 48 still. People say it's too big but it's smaller on the face than my 26mm fan Platypus...

G1lT8wW.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

I was a bit scarred after the last unpleasant shave with the General, that my skin was not ready for a new encounter with a razor. But I got a new toy from RazoRock (picture here) and of course I had to take it for a spin. What a great shave it was - absolutely smooth and efficient. It is early days, but I am glad I got this one.

And there was the joy of lathering up a fresh tub of Mystic Water - this soap never ceases to amaze me - wonderful luxurious lather (picture here) and stellar post-shave feel.

I hope you all have fantastic shaves (y)

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Assylum Evolution & Voskhod (4)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm 2 Band.
Soap: Beaver & Woodright "Aladdin's Spice"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold Water Splash, Witchhazel.
Aftershave/Edp: Beaver & Woodright "Aladdin's Spice"

The new razor arrived today and I could not wait to try it out as you can see. I am very impressed thanks @ben74. Usual three pass shave loads of lather and a very delightful shave all round with absolutely no complaints at all.
Cheers lads enjoy your night.
2qInVsw.jpg

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Assylum Evolution & Voskhod (4)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm 2 Band.
Soap: Beaver & Woodright "Aladdin's Spice"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold Water Splash, Witchhazel.
Aftershave/Edp: Beaver & Woodright "Aladdin's Spice"

The new razor arrived today and I could not wait to try it out as you can see. I am very impressed thanks @ben74. Usual three pass shave loads of lather and a very delightful shave all round with absolutely no complaints at all.
Cheers lads enjoy your night.
2qInVsw.jpg

So glad you enjoyed the Asylum Evo @Tony Forsyth! Very nice SOTD.

ZzEniVG.jpg
Razor:
ATT SE1
Blade: Kamisori (3)
Brush: Omega Professional
Soap: APR Idoru
AS: APR Idoru
Thank you @todras for giving me an early run on this new soap. Performance is, as many of you know, brilliant. The scent... Well it's my new favourite, beautiful myrhh with a touch of patchouli and pepper. Stunning combo with a well put combo of the AS to boot. Absolutely gorgeous mate. You guys will like this one! (y)
Have some splendid shaves everyone.

7rz9zVv.jpg

Occam's Original Pre
Hoffritz 103
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
L&L Grooming+Chatillon Lux - Unconditional Surrender
Chatillon Lux - Unconditional Surrender Salve
Chatillon Lux - Unconditional Surrender Aftershave
Chatillon Lux - Unconditional Surrender EDT

My kind of Friday :)

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (8)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann '42' shave soap
Aftershave Splash: Barrister & Mann '42' tonique splash
Cologne: Barrister & Mann '42' EDT

OK - time for the meaning of life shave ...

It did not disappoint. Usual B&M goodness. Scent was not powerful but pleasant.

Don't Panic guys - the weekend is almost here ...

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade(s): Persona 74 (7)
Brush: Simpsons Super Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: B&M 42
EDP/T: APR Winterfell EDP

Seventh shave with the Persona and I'm calling it with this blade. Sure you could get more shaves out of it if you were finicky about it, but life is too short for a sh*t shave. Could feel it pulling most of the shave.

The 42 was easy to lather. Had a nice scent, perhaps more suited to spring than winter? The petrichor and awesometown soaps appeal much more to me.

Last night the disappointment continued with my straight razor journey.

My shaves are now so efficient that I'm still very clean after 24 hours with just a single pass and a few touch ups - or my eyesight is getting worse. Anyway I can have an excellent 1.25 pass shave and get DFS every time hence my disappointment :) I could easily extend the shave out to every other day - but what do I do with my soaps, brushes, obsession and more than a few excellent razors types.

I've considered throwing in a cartridge shave every now and then so I get a sub par result and need a shave the next night :)

All of the above is tongue in cheek of course, I'm wrapped in my decision to learn straights [it does take time to get a good shave]. As long as I can shave with both hands straights will be my go to. I'm keeping my safety style razors, DE and SE for when I cannot remember what a straight is for.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 02 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue 2000 25/60mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow) 2x
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #26
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Thank you @todras for giving me an early run on this new soap. Performance is, as many of you know, brilliant. The scent... Well it's my new favourite, beautiful myrhh with a touch of patchouli and pepper. Stunning combo with a well put combo of the AS to boot. Absolutely gorgeous mate. You guys will like this one!

I am glad you like it :)

Idoru Soap+Splash (sets only) will go on sale tomorrow afternoon along with the Winter EDP's in case anyone was wanting a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.