Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me, it's hosted with google images. All I see is the tag displayed, which I have to right click on and open in a new tab in FF.

To easily use an image you have hosted somewhere you click on the Picture icon (3rd from the left)
3DsIOQs.jpg

A dialog box will pop-up like this....

0jAMlep.jpg

Where you paste the URL of the hosted image. In this case your image which I saved from your Google images album and uploaded to imgur which does not seem to cause display problems. Many of the other free image hosting services work too btw, I just use imgur out of personal preference.

'et voilà

6dPGtWc.jpg
Awesome! Thank you. Will have to use imgur from now on. Is that an app or do you do it via browser?

@alfredus IF your stubble is a bit tough for the Kai Captain Titan Mild or not shaving smooth enough like razor burn switch over to Feather Pro, you don't have to keep going with the Kai Captain Titan Mild also don't jump on the Feather Super until you've tried the Feather Pro. Good luck ;)(y)
Just used a kamisori blade in my razorock hawk and ATT SE1. Very very nice blade! I have titan milds on the way. If I don't get along with them, I'll move to the feather pro

Yes @Mark1966 I love cold water shave because it's keep my skin from irritation throughout my shaves, and the cold water is going to hit my face pretty darn hard throughout winter season very soon.
I'm in this exact situation. Although tonight's shave was hot. I miss the cws already! But I've just bought a scuttle, I need to try this method eventually

@alfredus IF your stubble is a bit tough for the Kai Captain Titan Mild or not shaving smooth enough like razor burn switch over to Feather Pro, you don't have to keep going with the Kai Captain Titan Mild also don't jump on the Feather Super until you've tried the Feather Pro. Good luck ;)(y)

Just used a kamisori blade in my razorock hawk and ATT SE1. Very very nice blade! I have titan milds on the way. If I don't get along with them, I'll move to the feather pro

Thanks guys - will certainly do...and I am definitely not going to the supers any time soon - I used them a couple of times in the V1 Goose....no happy memories there :(

I've not posted here for last week or so due to a punishing work trip/schedule and lack of shaves. I am now back home and catching up on sleep.
My last shave was interesting not so much for the shave itself, but the location; a hotel room on the 44th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai, apparently the tallest hotel in the world. Impressive - the bathroom of my room was about the size of the entire hotel room in some other joints I've shacked up in.

Pre: Hot shower; Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger

Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Horror no-name twin blade disposable
Balm : Argo Neo Gold
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

A luggage mishap robbed me of the ability to access blades for my DE travel razor (Wilkie Sticky). What a shock to use a dodgy disposable razor - I'm usually armed with a half-decent unit like a Fusion to ease the pain somewhat. The tugging was savage, and to effectively remove stubble, I had to apply significant pressure and "dig in". Applying such technique with, for example, my ATT H2, would have every vampire within 100km flocking to my window.

The Kapo Fresh cream again performed well, and the Myrsol emulsion eased things a little and minimized post-shave irritation.
Most importantly, I was clean-shaven and refreshed before embarking on the long-haul flight home to Perth.

2017-05-26%2022.06.31_zpso3igegys.jpg

2017-05-26%2020.08.09_zpswpbch4rr.jpg

I've not posted here for last week or so due to a punishing work trip/schedule and lack of shaves. I am now back home and catching up on sleep.
My last shave was interesting not so much for the shave itself, but the location; a hotel room on the 44th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai, apparently the tallest hotel in the world. Impressive - the bathroom of my room was about the size of the entire hotel room in some other joints I've shacked up in.

Pre: Hot shower; Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger

Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Horror no-name twin blade disposable
Balm : Argo Neo Gold
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

A luggage mishap robbed me of the ability to access blades for my DE travel razor (Wilkie Sticky). What a shock to use a dodgy disposable razor - I'm usually armed with a half-decent unit like a Fusion to ease the pain somewhat. The tugging was savage, and to effectively remove stubble, I had to apply significant pressure and "dig in". Applying such technique with, for example, my ATT H2, would have every vampire within 100km flocking to my window.

The Kapo Fresh cream again performed well, and the Myrsol emulsion eased things a little and minimized post-shave irritation.
Most importantly, I was clean-shaven and refreshed before embarking on the long-haul flight home to Perth.

2017-05-26%2022.06.31_zpso3igegys.jpg

2017-05-26%2020.08.09_zpswpbch4rr.jpg
I am willing to be your apprentice if you take me to these places.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (6)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' balm

Well it is nice to be back home after being away in Melbourne since last Friday (tied up with work constantly except when my wife came down on Saturday). The way things go I'm back down there Friday, then next Tuesday and then the following Friday/Saturday ...

Lovely shave to come home to and nice way to finish the month. I've been restrained this month - by are large the same setup, finishing off two Squadron Soap products and then savouring the new APR release. I think that there is some value in sticking with an setup and giving it a good constant run for a couple of weeks every now and then.

Awesome! Thank you. Will have to use imgur from now on. Is that an app or do you do it via browser?

I use imgur via browser but there is an ap, you can make a free account with them so you can set your images to private if you like, or just use the free service.

When you hit reply to a post on this forum, a series of icons is available to you above the edit window, the 'Mountain with a sun' insert image icon is one of those.

Last edited:
QlFwRSU.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Morris & Forndran 3XL 30mm
Timeless
Feather
Mystic Water Sardinian Honey
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Salve
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve - Mycroft EDP

Always excellent lather from Mystic, complimented by CL goodness, two-passes, thoroughly enjoyable :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 31 May 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow)
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon Bulldog Handle
m0620.gif

Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #25
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Pre shave with Windsor soap
Feather AC DX with Kai guarded blade (17)
Tim's Greek Peach
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse

Another 3 pass BBS (WTG/ATG/ATG). This is getting boring! Sticking with this soap because it is a tricky one to keep the bubbles out of so it is a good test for a new brush. My new big Omega did an excellent job as long as I didn't add too much water too fast. I love this brush! I'm starting to have to push harder through my stubble now when going ATG so rather than wait for the tugging to start it may be time for a new blade...

Status
Not open for further replies.