Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Shavemac Extreme Flat Top D01 2 Band
Soap: CRSW Barbershop
Razor: George Butler 'Keen' 6/8" - Yep, I finally got one.
Strop: SRD Latigo
Post-shave: Myrsol Plastic Shave

The razor arrived this morning and, since I'm at home writing reports, I decided to hone it up and give it a spin. The first pass was awesomely close so I was able to get away with 2 passes to BBS. Very happy with this razor - and with it having the Bard on the blade I presume it's tax deductible for me.
The Shavemac D01 2 Band EFT is a truly incredible brush. It's not for everyone, but it has so much scrub and backbone, with such soft tips, that I find myself reaching for it more than any other at the moment.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

The razor arrived this morning and, since I'm at home writing reports, I decided to hone it up and give it a spin. The first pass was awesomely close so I was able to get away with 2 passes to BBS. Very happy with this razor - and with it having the Bard on the blade I presume it's tax deductible for me.
The Shavemac D01 2 Band EFT is a truly incredible brush. It's not for everyone, but it has so much scrub and backbone, with such soft tips, that I find myself reaching for it more than any other at the moment.

You got your straight! Congrats :)

@Ferret619 - there are downsides to my work also, especially when you get "caught short" during the field work (and apologies in advance if this is TMI):

armenian%20dunny_zpsg457wa8s.jpg

As your apprentice I will poop in that toilet for you, you will see I go the extra mile.
:)

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Hey @Psmith you found one! Congrats! Shave on Macbeth :whistle:

Fatboy OK Shave
20170531_072415.jpg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy G1 (8)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler NOS (1)
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: TF Ash and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- My Fatboy nips my earlobes. Every shave the overhang somehow gets one. A good BBS with 3 passes and buffing pick ups. Several small weepers. We've never quite bonded. It's my Slim's older brother that is popular but we don't quite get along. Tossing up whether to BST... but everyone is supposed to have one of these in their dens.
- A nice Stirling reunion because I haven't in a few weeks. Scent is lovely.
- First try of the Winterfell EdP and it has the same scent of the AS but obviously all day. Went for 3 sprays and it was plenty. A great smoky musky scent for the man freak in your life but I've made a dreadful blue not getting the Mycroft EdP too when it was available. Love this end of the pool.

Fatboy OK Shave
20170531_072415.jpg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy G1 (8)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler NOS (1)
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: TF Ash and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- My Fatboy nips my earlobes. Every shave the overhang somehow gets one. A good BBS with 3 passes and buffing pick ups. Several small weepers. We've never quite bonded. It's my Slim's older brother that is popular but we don't quite get along. Tossing up whether to BST... but everyone is supposed to have one of these in their dens.
- A nice Stirling reunion because I haven't in a few weeks. Scent is lovely.
- First try of the Winterfell EdP and it has the same scent of the AS but obviously all day. Went for 3 sprays and it was plenty. A great smoky musky scent for the man freak in your life but I've made a dreadful blue not getting the Mycroft EdP too when it was available. Love this end of the pool.
Agree Pikey - @todras knows how to forcefully balance the dark side.......

0EE0BAF0-5CAB-4B27-89EE-0980BC336851_zps5t9zaafw.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus

Soap: Mystic Water Irish Traveller
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (2)
EDP: APR Suitably Attired Australian

First shave back home in Oz. Four day heavy growth. I recalled a video where a guy used a AS-D2 for the first time with a similar growth and was surprised at how effectively it mowed down his whiskers, so thought I would also try this. Again, the combination of a mild razor with a sharp blade proved very efficient. Three passes for a DFS+.
I seem to have finally worked out the Mystic Water lathering. A very patient build, with small, regular water additions, yields a very nice lather with superlative residual slickness. The Irish Traveller fragrance is very similar to Stirling Sharp Dressed Man.
To quote my mate @Mark1966 - "Ahhhhh (contented sigh)".

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Le Pere Lucien Traditional Shave Soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Antesol

In @Drubbing's honour I gave the Antesol a run today. After using all teh great APR products I've been wondering whether to pass on my Myrsol stash. Answer is no. Next question ...

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade(s): Persona 74 (6)
Brush: Simpsons Super Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor

Sixth day with the Persona. Still OK, but I "feel" that it has not much life left. Again, time will tell.

The petrichor is wonderful to lather and smell, although the smell does not seem to last or perhaps I get used to it too quickly.

0aF6Z5u.jpg

La Toja Pre
TSW 2B
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
L&L Grooming Darkfall
L&L Grooming Darkfall Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Bay City EDP

Thick,slick & very protective, 2 passes, beautiful fragrance!

there are downsides to my work also, especially when you get "caught short" during the field work (and apologies in advance if this is TMI):

Odd place to put a scuttle if you ask me, even if it is plumbed.

LqBOW

yesterday afternoons SOTD
Got around to getting back out the wonderful wolfpac. Definitely need to get a few more of these soaps, have never received such beautiful packaging when I received the brush and soap and performance to boot! Beautiful minty scent with a moderately cooling sensation. A great daily for menthol. Not too much, not too little. Even better when you have a cold like I do!
Have a great day guys, excited for today's SOTD
Feather ASD2
Shark (1)
Wolfpac Finest Badger Brush
Wolfpac Ice Pac
Fine Snakebite

LqBOW

yesterday afternoons SOTD
Got around to getting back out the wonderful wolfpac. Definitely need to get a few more of these soaps, have never received such beautiful packaging when I received the brush and soap and performance to boot! Beautiful minty scent with a moderately cooling sensation. A great daily for menthol. Not too much, not too little. Even better when you have a cold like I do!
Have a great day guys, excited for today's SOTD
Feather ASD2
Shark (1)
Wolfpac Finest Badger Brush
Wolfpac Ice Pac
Fine Snakebite

Image is not visible, you need to post it using the full path name and .jpg extension

The "copy" url button did not come up with a .JPG very frustrating. Wish you could just upload from camera roll :(

If you make a free account on imgur you can click the links button on imgur and it produces 4 types of links, one of which has the [ img] tags and the full path. You simply remove the img tags and copy and paste the full URL with the .jpg extension into the image insertion popup box here on P&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.