Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap: Marten de Candre Fougére
Razor: Gold Dollar
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Polsilver [2]
After-shave: Old Spice (Indian)

The first pass with the straight mowed through the 2 day stubble. Smooth as. The trouble came in trying to make a second pass...

The ERR with a Pol felt so tame and toy-like after dicing with a straight.

• Soap: De Vergulde Hand Stick

What do you think of de Vergulde Hand? I use it when I'm in Holland but haven't bought any because I've got way too much soap as it is. I like the scent a lot. Just a simple fresh sort of soapy smell. Excellent lather too. It's well packaged with a plastic cup stick holder, unlike many other available sticks such as Valobra, Arko and Speick for instance.

Anyhow BOT:

Wee Scot
Body Shop Macca Root
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
GEM SS (3)

Excellent is all I can say. Now that the blade has well and truly lost it's nastiness it's a really relaxing shave. Yet another unintended BBS.

20150424SOTDS_zpset2ejqwd.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Third shave with the R41 one and finally no blood. Really needs a light touch this bugger and a very steep angle (for me). So I got a very smooth face in only 3 paces with zero irritation - but still I somehow did not enjoy the shave :(

On another note: I always loved Mike's soap - but today even more. Don't know what happened, but the lather seemed to be even better than usual - is it possible :D :D :D

Razor: Stealth Slant
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega S10108 S-Brush Pro
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Antesol

Another stellar RRSS/Feather shave tonight. The real star of the show, however, was Myrsol Antesol. Oh God yes, this stuff is the bizzo!

hamBhnB.jpg

It's marketed as a pre/post but I honestly can't see myself using it before a shave. It tightens and smooths the skin in a wonderful way and there is a decent menthol burst. The scent is straight up barber/medicinal. Perfect.

[
Another stellar RRSS/Feather shave tonight. The real star of the show, however, was Myrsol Antesol. Oh God yes, this stuff is the bizzo!

hamBhnB.jpg

It's marketed as a pre/post but I honestly can't see myself using it before a shave. It tightens and smooths the skin in a wonderful way and there is a decent menthol burst. The scent is straight up barber/medicinal. Perfect.
My favourite tying in first place with Agua Balsamica.

Can you do me a favour @khun_diddy and make a new thread on Myrsol under aftershaves? Thanks. Been meaning to for yonks but haven't gotten around to it. Seems like with the sudden influx of Spanish liquid gold, you're the best man for the job! [emoji6]

Brush: Simpson Classic 1
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Personna Red
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
A/S: Alum + Le Pere Lucien

I should not have used the Personna Red in the 37c, it felt like I was shaving with a paint scraper. Lesson learned, next time keep the Personna Red's for my EJ89 and Weber only. Great lather and post shave though with the LPL.

My favourite tying in first place with Agua Balsamica.

Can you do me a favour @khun_diddy and make a new thread on Myrsol under aftershaves? Thanks. Been meaning to for yonks but haven't gotten around to it. Seems like with the sudden influx of Spanish liquid gold, you're the best man for the job! [emoji6]

Will do mate. I have two more to try in my latest batch so I'll start a thread after I use those.

Brush: SOC Cherry Badger
Soap: Phoenix/Italian Barber "The Beach"
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Personna Blue (1)
Post-shave: Alum and Nieva After Shave Sensitive Skin Balm

I don't know if it was the brush or the soap, but today was one of my best lathers ever, nice and thick.

Nice two pass shave with touch up.

Razor: Stealth Slant
Blade: Treet DS Carbon
Brush: Omega S10108 S-Brush Pro
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: F/Extra

Gorgeous shave. The RRSS is extremely intuitive but this was my best shave with it yet. One odd thing about it is that it requires a certain degree of downward pressure. Not a lot is needed but without any it will tend to skip along the skin. Getting over that psychological barrier results in a better shave.

Myrsol F/Extra is another home run. I knew it would smell like Floid (geraniums & powder) and indeed it does but it is somehow less perfumey and more medicinal. I like it a lot.

Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Mikes Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: Mule R41
Blade: Personna Blue (2)
Post-shave: Alum and Nieva After Shave Sensitive Skin Balm

Quick one pass shave and touch up. Still trying to master the Mule R41 but it is an effective shaver.

The brush worked fine. Didn't get a great lather from the soap, I think their are a lot of soaps out there that create a better and easier lather than the one mikes soap I have, maybe I am doing it wrong.

The brush worked fine. Didn't get a great lather from the soap, I think their are a lot of soaps out there that create a better and easier lather than the one mikes soap I have, maybe I am doing it wrong.
How many lathers you done with the #620?
Also how much water did you introduce to the lather?

How many lathers you done with the #620?
Also how much water did you introduce to the lather?

Done about 5 test lathers with the 620.
Tried to soften the soap with some water. Let the brush soak. Loaded as usual. Face lathered, add water a few times, lather was not thick. Maybe I didn't load enough. I still find a lot of other soaps easier to lather.

I hear a lot of people have trouble lathering Mike's.

Status
Not open for further replies.