Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-12-30 23.26.17 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with a Windrose handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Stirling Glacial Obsidian(thanks to @StueyB for sample)
Post Shave: Stray Whisker balm and Proraso Green AS
Quite a hot day in Melbourne so I went with a menthol theme. Three pass shave with a BBS the result. The Stirling soap is a great performing soap and the menthol hit will make your eyes water but chill the face. Have a safe new years eve everyone.

SOTD Thursday, December 31.

Cold water shave
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Soap: Johnny Good Sir TMBR
Face lather
Razor: George Butler 6/8

I've been on leave since Christmas Day and my sense of normal routine has gone out the window. On SOTD posts I have to check my calendar to know what day & date it is. Only one good thing comes from time off and that is the extra time I can take with my morning shaves.

Great shave today. By taking the extra time on each time the blade contacts the face and paying attention to the audible feedback from the blade, well the whole mystique of wet shaving comes back. Is mystique too dramatic a word for a boring everyday shave? Get a straight and the wonder/joy/mystique of wet shaving comes alive.

Anyway ... ... ... the shave. JGS is THE scent IMO (closely followed by Anne Bonny from Dr Jon's and Desperado from Shaver Heaven so close they're hard to split. Both better shaving soaps/aids thoughBUT THAT SCENT !!!).

The George Butler KEEN is wickedly sharp. Taking the extra time and care with the initial angle of contact brings such a close, quality shave. No nicks. Just pure enjoyment and anticipation of tomorrow morning in the man cave.

Brush: Vintage Culmak Butterscotch re-knotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Finally got the shaving monkey off my back this afternoon (afternoon it was when I shaved!)

Good lather, smooth shave, no post-shave nasties.

It is good to be back :)

[QUOTE="Hocky27, post: 56125, member: 1469"
Even after a month in I find I'm still struggling with under my jaw line & neck. Rather frustrating but will keep trying to get better![/QUOTE]

It happens to the best of us. Don't stress. It will eventually happen without you even realising it (y) Congrats on getting the rest of your face done.

Cold Water Shave
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Silvertip
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: new Feather
Soap: RazoRock XXX
A/S: Trumpers Lime skin food

I'm up the coast so this is my travel kit. (Brought the XXX - which I have two of - to leave in the house.)

As it is so hot I decided to try a first cold water shave. Amazing. So cool and refreshing. Bonus is that my face didn't feel like it's been slapped which sometimes happens with a feather. Must keep trying this.

It's interesting. Being away means I've only got one brush, one soap and one razor. Not chopping and changing every shave means I really get to know the brush and the soap well. I should try it with all my gear.

Even after a month in I find I'm still struggling with under my jaw line & neck. Rather frustrating but will keep trying to get better!
After a 5 week break, I'm still yet to get back into consistently smooth, irritation free shaves and I've been doing it for a few years now.
Same place for me too, jawline and immediately under it.
Stress not and just enjoy the experience.
It will come in time when it's ready.

f88f6584a4a7beec6004873df2755683.jpg

Swagger & Jacks Preshave Oil
Culmak Boar
Barrister & Mann Seville
Gillette #59 Rocket
Gillette Green (3)
Razorock Baby Blue AS

Still 2015 here in the UK. I'm not a big fan of the Seville. Not an unpleasant scent but not what I was expecting. Luckily this was just a sample. Used my dads old Culmak brush too, not bad for a brush which is about 50 years old.

Time to head across to 2016 SOTD thread guys - even if any of your are still in 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.