Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Fougére
Razor: Gold Dollar str8 (cheeks only)
Razor: Weber PH with Bulldog handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Antesol

Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Fougére

...and?

c'mon spill...how good is it?

"This soap is absolute rubbish. It's on its way to you Stillsy baby, and I appreciate your taking it far from my sight and smell"

Wrong @stillshunter by 4:16 I have had my first cup of tea and am usually enjoying my first coffee - it is simply the case if there is nothing new to say why use up the space.
Even by your exalted standards @stillshunter, this post makes no sense as it bears little or no relationship to mine. (But I see it got you a "like" from @Mark1966 so I guess it served its purpose. :)

Even by your exalted standards @stillshunter, this post makes no sense as it bears little or no relationship to mine. (But I see it got you a "like" from @Mark1966 so I guess it served its purpose. :)
...oh no, we're transiting to a pill low again.
Mate, pointing not to the words but the vibe (cue Danny Denuto) of the post
4:16am - a little short and sharp
11:32am - a little softer, more accommodating
1:50pm - the edges are returning
I fear the post 2pm prickles.

Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Permasharp (4)
Pre-Shave Proraso Green
Soap MWF
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Natio Calming Aftershave Balm

Day 4 with the Permasharp and it's still going strong. Back to the MWF today, the only quibble I have with this soap is the lack of scent. Maybe it's the hayfever but I can't even pick up the lanolin in this soap.

...and?

c'mon spill...how good is it?

"This soap is absolute rubbish. It's on its way to you Stillsy baby, and I appreciate your taking it far from my sight and smell"
You answered your own Q! It's good enough for @stillshunter [emoji106]

Back to the MWF today, the only quibble I have with this soap is the lack of scent. Maybe it's the hayfever but I can't even pick up the lanolin in this soap.

It's usually just a clean, soapy smell. It has no real added scent.

Today:

Brush: Plisson Synth
Soap: Soap Commander 'Courage'
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: Vintage Wilkie (6)
Post-shave: zip, nada, none

Got to say that this Courage soap is a complete pisser. Easiest load ever - and I am comparing it to Cella, P160 and all those sorts. Scent is great, it's so slick it near slides off your face.

I would say about the only criticism I have of it is that it doesn't quite leave my skin feeling as moisturised as the above soaps. That said, if you haven't got one then you should hurry up and organise an order.

.........Back to the MWF today, the only quibble I have with this soap is the lack of scent. Maybe it's the hayfever but I can't even pick up the lanolin in this soap.

That's strange. Not sure what it is but I thought the MWF had a beautiful scent. One day when I run out of my current stash I'll get some more. That could be years away though.

I would say about the only criticism I have of it is that it doesn't quite leave my skin feeling as moisturised as the above soaps. That said, if you haven't got one then you should hurry up and organise an order.

Just use some Olive Oil and no more worries about post-shave feel ;)

Brush Simpson Chubby 2 Super
Razor Gillette Fatboy
Blade Polsilver
Pre-Shave Hot towel
Soap Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Post Shave Myrsol K

Well the Saponificio arrived today so gave it a first test run for this evenings shave. I kid you not 10-15 seconds loading and my chubby was full with lather. 20 -30 seconds in my bowl and it was morbidly overweight. The scent was natural and relaxing and it felt perfectly at home on my skin. Very lose shave [emoji43]

17007244572_32e022d72b_z.jpg

:)

gBybkep.jpg

Ferox. I don't trade the Forex market, and I won't be trading my Ferox either! Ok I realise it's lame but it's the best I could do.

The dry tart grapefruit comes more alive when wet (as I think Egg found with citrus EO in Dickens) the tea tree is still prevalent, adding a sharp tang to the citrus, and the herby savoury background is rounded out with the vetiver.

It's a refreshing scent, which smells much more natural than some of the sweet citrus products around.

Brush: Duke 2
Razor: Rocket HD
Blade: English Wilky (13)
Soap: Vitos Green
A/S: Myrsol Aqua Basilica

Thanks to @borked for the Vitos soap, very enjoyable shave today. Soap loaded and lathered with ease, not the best scent but it fades pretty quickly. Finished off great with the Myrsol.

Thursday 2 April 2015

197418d1427983633-sun-march-29th-sat-april-04th-sotd-02042015.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8

Traveling with a Mastro Livi razor is always a joy, not to mention with a beautiful and gorgeous kamisori like this one. I absolutely love the idea of CarboInox in this kamisori: compared to a classic kamisori - usually made of carbon steel and having a opaque finish - the look of stainless steel with its shiny mirror finish is absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention the elegant touch of Mastro Livi damascus steel in the edge: a breathtaking masterpiece. I love it! As for the shave, the blade is simply impeccable, giving a deep and close shave and the refreshing and spicy touch of my Bay Rum is simply great.​
  • Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: De Vergulde Hand
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Soap: Vitos Green
Thanks to @borked for the Vitos soap, very enjoyable shave today. Soap loaded and lathered with ease, not the best scent but it fades pretty quickly. Finished off great with the Myrsol.
In case I didn't include the info and for those that are curious, green is the original, one of the reds adds glycerin (Extra) and the other Red in addition to glycerin, adds Coconut oil (Extra olio di Cocco).

Status
Not open for further replies.