Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not 100% sure but I am lead to believe if it is in stock, it's fair game.
Ok. So that means not the Fougères (which are released on 2 May) but maybe Diamond (6 April release).

Latha is out of stock (but I'm sure he can make some easily enough in time for us). There are other seasonals available now: Rhapsody, etc

Sounds great anyways!!! (Although I'd dearly love some Fougères...)

Guess it depwnds how long folks are willing to wait for delivery.
Maybe two orders is an option ?

Ok. So that means not the Fougères (which are released on 2 May) but maybe Diamond (6 April release).

Latha is out of stock (but I'm sure he can make some easily enough in time for us). There are other seasonals available now: Rhapsody, etc

Sounds great anyways!!! (Although I'd dearly love some Fougères...)

Guess it depwnds how long folks are willing to wait for delivery.
Maybe two orders is an option ?

Settle down you two. We already have the May release covered. All will become clear soon.

Vote for me to run the show and you automatically obtain an effluent removal system ;)

Tuesday 31 March 2015

197242d1427801760-sun-march-29th-sat-april-04th-sotd-31032015.jpg

Bresduck Dubl Duck Satinedge, 11/16 Full Hollow, Square Point

Dubl Duck straight razors are shavers you can always trust. With their full hollow grinding, they are a joy to use: singing and effective, they always give a very good shave. This Satinedge is no exception and it certainly is a superb straight razor. Not to mention the super cheap Arko soap - however a very good soap - and the refreshing splash of Aqua Velva, for a very satisfactory shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Arko
  • Brush: Voigt & Cop - High Mountain White Badger - Maple Burl - 24 mm knot
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Bresduck Dubl Duck Satinedge, 11/16 Full Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Aqua Velva Loción

See folks, even the best is complimented by ARKO!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

And here I was thinking you enjoyed the finer things in life RazorGuy.

In my opinion, Arko is a good tallow based soap. Add to this it is very cheap, I think it is a good soap and better than many other super expensive soaps. Although the scent is not the best (in my opinion) it however is a nice soap.

In my opinion, Arko is a good tallow based soap. Add to this it is very cheap, I think it is a good soap and better than many other super expensive soaps. Although the scent is not the best (in my opinion) it however is a nice soap.
Summarises my view, yet it's scent polarises most here.
Even I find it off putting some days, yet acceptable other day.
One thing I am yet to hear, is someone state it doesn't perform it's primary purpose.

It seems the summary is: great cheap soap, bad cheap scent.

Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Permasharp (2)
Pre-Shave Proraso Green
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Natio Calming Aftershave Balm

The MWF and the Permasharps are a match made in heaven. First time lathering MWF and I probably needed some more water but it lathered easily and was very slick. So much so I needed to get out the alum block to use on my hand to stop the slim from slipping.

I think the MWF will become my go to winter soap in place of Proraso Red

Ahh, we're progressing to a happy medium, a compromise ;)
This is heartening to see fellas :)

Next, @Drubbing amaze us all and use a smiley :p

Ahh, we're progressing to a happy medium, a compromise ;)
This is heartening to see fellas :)

Next, @Drubbing amaze us all and use a smiley :p
Hey I hadn't replied yet! But, whatever, if you're all about consensus building then who am I to stand in your way. I can be mature you know.
Pffffft arko, yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.