Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Semogue #1305
Soap: Anne Bonny
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant v.3
Blade: Feather (2)
Post-shave: Jabonman Vanille Cinnamon AS balm

That Anne Bonny. Honestly for those lamenting the death of Johnny Goodsir, I'd seriously recommend trying thus stuff out. A very similar sweet/woody/whisky scent when dry, but a little sweeter and maybe with a hint of limes when wet, however a far superior lather both in protection and glide. This one is a winner - thanks for the sample @filobiblic.

RIP Jabonman balm. Last of it scraped out of the bottom of the sample tub. T'is no more. Offered great nourishment, face feel and that scent...oh boy!

RRSS3 - improved so keen to see where we sit by Friday!

All tolled definitely DFS.

Brush: Vulfix #374 Super
Cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: Vintage Wilkie - not sure which variety (0)
Post-shave: Nor required.

Hell yes. Great shave, no irritation. Paid special attention to angle and no nicks at all.

Brush: Plisson HMW
Cream: GFT Coconut
Razor: Feather DX
Bade: KAI pink (4)

Plisson really shone tonight. As you hold it in your hand and place it on your face you understand why it costs a small fortune. With the KAI blade on its 4 shave is has now entered its best. Super sharp, super smooth. Hair just peels away and the skin is left untouched; ready for the gentle cool down from the Myrsol.

Brush: Plisson HMW
Cream: GFT Coconut
Razor: Feather DX
Bade: KAI pink (4)

Plisson really shone tonight. As you hold it in your hand and place it on your face you understand why it costs a small fortune. With the KAI blade on its 4 shave is has now entered its best. Super sharp, super smooth. Hair just peels away and the skin is left untouched; ready for the gentle cool down from the Myrsol.
That GFT coconut must almost be gone by now... Just in time for the seasonal change.

How's the Kai blades rate against the Feathers and Pols? Where do you get your supply?

Hey Filo only s few more shaves. Re the KAI they are the straight blades.
Excited, sad and a little impatient is what I feel in the last days of a soap... [emoji14]

Oh, got it. So they are like the Feather "shavette" (SE) blades? Do they also come in a few different styles: Proguard, Super, Light, etc? How do they compare to the Feather SE blades?

Just curious, are all these SE blades able to fit into all SE razors like GEMS, Mongoose, Cobra, Hawk, etc?

Brush: Shavemac #177 Silvertip
Soap: Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco Special Edition*
Razor: Muhle R89 Jet DLC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel / Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

This SOTD marks my very first with a Shaver Heaven soap. Yes, I was a bit late to the party. I just couldn't escape the social media chatter that Shaver Heaven has generated locally and overseas. Coinciding with a Melbourne Meetup (yep, free personal delivery), an order was placed for Honey Ale and PAA CaD. As a surprise Anthony gave each of the guys a tub of this new project - Green Tobacco.

The scent I was told is Tabac. Holding up a stick of Tabac and this Green Tobacco and they smell differently to me. Not to a great degree. Mrs Peach and sister-in-law took a whiff and agreed. They both preferred the scent of the SH. It has this sweet smelling cologne smell to me. Definitely not polarising like Tabac. Only Mrs Peach picked up the Green Tobacco (I've led a sheltered life). Fragrance gets a big tick from the man and the ladies.

All of you who have tried Shaver Heaven know that whipping up a rich and slick lather is easy-peasy. I had to dunk the brush tips in water a few times to get the result that I usually look for. My typical rookie mistake of not loading up enough product was evident when the second pass resulted in a thin watery layer. More soap loaded and finished off a nice ATG pass. Overall this is an awesome soap.

Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood was the perfect finish. Splendid post-shave feeling.

Eh3YM53.jpg

Excited, sad and a little impatient is what I feel in the last days of a soap... [emoji14]

Oh, got it. So they are like the Feather "shavette" (SE) blades? Do they also come in a few different styles: Proguard, Super, Light, etc? How do they compare to the Feather SE blades?

Just curious, are all these SE blades able to fit into all SE razors like GEMS, Mongoose, Cobra, Hawk, etc?

These are extra wide blades and fit a Mongoose or Cobra. GEMS are same width as a DE. Never heard of a Hawk.

Last edited:
These are extra wide blades are and fit a Mongoose or Cobra. GEMS are same width as a DE. Never heard of a Hawk.
Isn't Joe's (IB) new razor is called (or nicknamed) "Hawk"? It's a SE that's mimics the Mongoose.

Ok. Thanks. I don't know SE blades. So SE blades and disposable blades for a shavette are different? Got it. Thanks.

MEL meeting up? Jealous!!!!

Brush: Shavemac #177 Silvertip
Soap: Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco Special Edition*
Razor: Muhle R89 Jet DLC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel / Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

This SOTD marks my very first with a Shaver Heaven soap. Yes, I was a bit late to the party. I just couldn't escape the social media chatter that Shaver Heaven has generated locally and overseas. Coinciding with a Melbourne Meetup (yep, free personal delivery), an order was placed for Honey Ale and PAA CaD. As a surprise Anthony gave each of the guys a tub of this new project - Green Tobacco.

The scent I was told is Tabac. Holding up a stick of Tabac and this Green Tobacco and they smell differently to me. Not to a great degree. Mrs Peach and sister-in-law took a whiff and agreed. They both preferred the scent of the SH. It has this sweet smelling cologne smell to me. Definitely not polarising like Tabac. Only Mrs Peach picked up the Green Tobacco (I've led a sheltered life). Fragrance gets a big tick from the man and the ladies.

All of you who have tried Shaver Heaven know that whipping up a rich and slick lather is easy-peasy. I had to dunk the brush tips in water a few times to get the result that I usually look for. My typical rookie mistake of not loading up enough product was evident when the second pass resulted in a thin watery layer. More soap loaded and finished off a nice ATG pass. Overall this is an awesome soap.

Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood was the perfect finish. Splendid post-shave feeling.

Eh3YM53.jpg
Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

Looks like @Anthony is tweaking the labelling even more. That man doesn't know how to rest on his laurels! [emoji12]

Was that Jet formerly owned by Christopher Bailey? Hmmm, you seem a quick mover to me Mr Peach. [emoji6]

Brush: B&B Omega Re knotted with TGN Finest
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: GBE (7)
Cream: GFT Sandalwood
A/S: GFT Skinfood

The GBE seems to be on the way out, little bit of tugging and pulling but otherwise a great easy shave today.

Last edited:
Isn't Joe's (IB) new razor is called (or nicknamed) "Hawk"? It's a SE that's mimics the Mongoose.

Ok. Thanks. I don't know SE blades. So SE blades and disposable blades for a shavette are different? Got it. Thanks.

The Hawk seems to have escaped my notice. Sounds like IB cashing in on another hard to get razors like the Cobra and Mongoose.

MEL meeting up? Jealous!!!!

Meeting the gents, mano e mano, was a lot of fun.

Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

Looks like @Anthony is tweaking the labelling even more. That man doesn't know how to rest on his laurels! [emoji12]

Was that Jet formerly owned by Christopher Bailey? Hmmm, you seem a quick mover to me Mr Peach. [emoji6]

It was a Bailey inspired purchase but not his razor.

The Hawk seems to have escaped my notice. Sounds like IB cashing in on another hard to get razors like the Cobra and Mongoose.
Yep. It'll be available shortly... For a 5 min production run...

It was a Bailey inspired purchase but not his razor.
Ah yes. Since he sold his razor a couple of weeks ago I thought it resurfaced DownUnder. [emoji4]

Yep. It'll be available shortly... For a 5 min production run...

Ah yes. Since he sold his razor a couple of weeks ago I thought it resurfaced DownUnder. [emoji4]

You certainly have your finger on the pulse, Mr Filo. You don't work for ASIO by any chance?

Mine was procured 6 months ago.

You certainly have your finger on the pulse, Mr Filo. You don't work for ASIO by any chance?

Mine was procured 6 months ago.
What's the shave like with it? More F-22 Raptor than Stealth Bomber?

(Geez, just blow my day job would'cha...)

What's the shave like with it? More F-22 Raptor than Stealth Bomber?

(Geez, just blow my day job would'cha...)

Your killing it tonight!

Better shave than the Stealth, but that's just my opinion. Easy razor for anyone to pick up. Then again, the Jet is just a DLC coated R89 razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.