Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Occam's but am finding it doesn't get anywhere near as much facetime as it deserves as my menthol/citrus kick is showing no signs of dissipating.
Could be persuaded to part with it if anyone has a trade that tickles my fancy.

Have you tried Occams? You mustn't otherwise you'd have either two creams or a replacement... [emoji6]
I knew this would come...like Occams, but I am a soap only man - cream only for travels and there is only 1 spot - so very hard to get in there ;)

Brush: Simpson Classic 1
Razor: Rocket HD
Blade: GBE (4)
Cream: TOBS Rose
A/S: Simpson Balm

I always seem to forget how nice the lather is from TOBS creams. A quick swirl in the tub and a bit of a face lather and I've got more lather than I could use in 6 passes. The GBE goes very nicely in the Rocket HD, thanks again @borked. The Simpson balm is always a nice finish to a shave, although I do prefer an A/S splash, it makes a nice, non burning change.

Brush: Simpson Classic 1
Razor: Rocket HD
Blade: GBE (4)
Cream: TOBS Rose
A/S: Simpson Balm

I always seem to forget how nice the lather is from TOBS creams. A quick swirl in the tub and a bit of a face lather and I've got more lather than I could use in 6 passes. The GBE goes very nicely in the Rocket HD, thanks again @borked. The Simpson balm is always a nice finish to a shave, although I do prefer an A/S splash, it makes a nice, non burning change.
GBE is probably either @Monsta_AU or @filobiblic iirc mate :)

I knew this would come...like Occams, but I am a soap only man - cream only for travels and there is only 1 spot - so very hard to get in there ;)
Me too! I'm soap only. Occams is the only cream for me. That's why I thought I thought the way I did. [emoji6]

Busy days. Been shaving with the new (for me!) NEW LC from @Nightguard and using the Wickham's Super Soap samples of Southsea Spray from @stillshunter. [emoji13] Enjoying the lather but the scent is a bit 'Meh!'

Busy days. Been shaving with the new (for me!) NEW LC from @Nightguard and using the Wickham's Super Soap samples of Southsea Spray from @stillshunter. [emoji13] Enjoying the lather but the scent is a bit 'Meh!'
Couldn't agree more about the scent of the Southsea Spray, really nice soap but the scent is a big let down. His Spice Trade scent on the other hand is simply perfect, spot on vintage Old Spice.
Glad to see you enjoying the New LC mate, it was a bit neglected down here.

Glad to see you enjoying the New LC mate, it was a bit neglected down here.
It's getting the love it deserves. [emoji106] Might swap out the handle, but it'll alternate with the Weber me thinks... OC razors- who would have thought were the beez kneez??! !

Me too! I'm soap only. Occams is the only cream for me. That's why I thought I thought the way I did. [emoji6]
Don't you like Jabonman's? It may technically be a soap but the consistency of the one I have is looser than any cream I own.

Don't you like Jabonman's? It may technically be a soap but the consistency of the one I have is looser than any cream I own.

The Lima Incensio is the only one I've come across with the creamy consistency egg, the rest are a soft/medium soap

20150314_SOTDS_zpsculpy9vi.jpg

Brush: Whipped Dog High Mountain 24/48
Pre-Shave: Occams Original pre-shave soap
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum (new formula)
Razor: Above the Tie R1 Kronos
Blade: PolSilver SI (2)
Post-shave: South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Another spectacular shave - the razor and blade seem to be made for each other. This is the first time in a very long time, that I have left the blade in there after 2 shaves. But I could not detect the slightest pulling, so I am going to try shave 3 with it...

The brush is so much more work than the Plisson - but then it feels so much better on my face. The lather was of the same quality, so I guess it is worth it.

Midday shave being a Saturday. Had to cut my hair early so I started mowing at a reasonable time for the neighbours then went for a 90 minute walk with my wife. Middle of the day, sun beating down at 31 degC at 62% humidity on the way to an expected maximum of 34 deg C is just silly. The things we do for our better halves.

Back to the shave.

Cold water shave
Soap: JGS TMBR - Been sitting here for an hour now with no post shave and I can still smell the whiskey, earthy lingering scent.
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Razor: Dovo 5/8 SS straight

I am now going to my pantry and sampling the DIY Bay Rum. Back in a sec.

I like it. Just used a small amount (dipped 3 fingers in and rubbed my hands together). Smells like Bay Rum but there was no alcohol sting. That is disappointing as I enjoy the sting of alcohol. Probably from the copious amount of witch hazel I used. All my pores closed up big time too so I know the witch hazel works.. A pleasant scent but not a "write home to Mum about" scent. No birds have fallen out of the sky so the smell can't be too bad. A report this evening on the staying power of this scent.

Sounds like you've a reasonable base to work from @Dale.Whiley

Brush: Simpson Boar
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: GBE (5)
Soap: MWF
A/S: D.R. Harris Pink

Really nice shave today, the Weber is fast becoming my favourite razor. Works well with all my blades and gives a fast, trouble free shave. The DRH Pink is an old favourite that just never seems to make it into use these days. Even the little Simpson Boar seemed to behave well today, although it still stubbornly refuses to break in like a proper boar, lathered up the MWF easily and without any drama.

Two thumbs up for the Weber! [emoji106][emoji106] Hopefully they'll be back for sale in a few months time.

Midday shave being a Saturday. Had to cut my hair early so I started mowing at a reasonable time for the neighbours then went for a 90 minute walk with my wife. Middle of the day, sun beating down at 31 degC at 62% humidity on the way to an expected maximum of 34 deg C is just silly. The things we do for our better halves.

Back to the shave.

Cold water shave
Soap: JGS TMBR - Been sitting here for an hour now with no post shave and I can still smell the whiskey, earthy lingering scent.
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Razor: Dovo 5/8 SS straight

I am now going to my pantry and sampling the DIY Bay Rum. Back in a sec.

I like it. Just used a small amount (dipped 3 fingers in and rubbed my hands together). Smells like Bay Rum but there was no alcohol sting. That is disappointing as I enjoy the sting of alcohol. Probably from the copious amount of witch hazel I used. All my pores closed up big time too so I know the witch hazel works.. A pleasant scent but not a "write home to Mum about" scent. No birds have fallen out of the sky so the smell can't be too bad. A report this evening on the staying power of this scent.
No staying power. Put a little on this afternoon & the scent was gone in an hour. Splashed a little more on before I went out this evening and same, same.

I'll have to do a bit of investigation into lingering scents. And the next brew will have far less witch hazel. I need some alcohol burn!!!

No staying power. Put a little on this afternoon & the scent was gone in an hour. Splashed a little more on before I went out this evening and same, same.

I'll have to do a bit of investigation into lingering scents. And the next brew will have far less witch hazel. I need some alcohol burn!!!
You want burn ?
You can't handle the burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.