img_2032.jpg

3P preshave
New Forest 1901
Pannacrema Vetiver
Gem Featherweight
Gem (3)
Fine Clean Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Excellent 2 pass shave tonight. The straight took care of 3 days growth with no pulling or tugging and only 2 small nicks. My DIY pseudo linen strop works an absolute treat.
On the weekend I purchased some ex barbers straights from @boldsworth at our bi weekly get together. Tonight I used an Invicta 6/8" that I partially restored from that purchase. The blade got :) hours of wet and dry and then full hone from 1K to C-nat to finish. I'm so pleased to add these blades to the ones I have. Thanks so much @boldsworth. In the past I've seen a few ex barber's blades and they often have some bizarre shapes and unusual wear from years of use, these ones don't seem too bad but I will spend time on a couple that will be projects and make some scales.
The Invicta eventually took a superb edge and while I prefer a 5/8" blade this one at 6/8" felt really good.

Steve

Glad to hear it mate. Hope you find them useful. I have found a couple more i will bring to our next meet.

You tempter you!!!!! You will need to make sure you give me one I can get working for your own collection. Again thanks.

20151129_083417 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Mikes Natural Soaps Coconut
Post Shave: Nivea Balm and Clubman Pinaud AS and Tom Ford Noir
Press some soap into my bowl and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. Hit it with the brush and was rewarded with a lather of superb quantity and quality. Three pass shave with no hint of irritation just comfort. Great Sunday shave of the day. Enjoy the day everyone.

You certainly have a love of that Vie-Long Horse, @Osman . Such an under-rated brush type IMHO.

You certainly have a love of that Vie-Long Horse, @Osman . Such an under-rated brush type IMHO.
It has such beautifully soft tips but great backbone, just a great balance. As you know, I love to lather my soaps quite vigorously and this brush just seems to work so well for the load and then the face lather.

Terre d'Hermes??? Never tried it ...

@Mark1966 - with Xmas coming on, it's a small indulgence you can easily justify (as if you need to), and will bring many moons of enjoyment. Like all heavily citrus based fragrances it doesn't have the greatest lasting power, but it's intensely enjoyable while it lasts. Like @Lifes a Peach alluded, if you can find an orange scented shaving soap it makes for a seamless experience.

Hope Santa gets the message mate ;)

It has such beautifully soft tips but great backbone, just a great balance. As you know, I love to lather my soaps quite vigorously and this brush just seems to work so well for the load and then the face lather.

You'd better stock in a spare @Osman :) Or better still, shout yourself a Vie Long Epsilon from Gifts & Care - guaranteed to put a big smile on your face mate :)

Razor: Weber PH
Brush: Vie Long Eplison Fan Horse
Soap: St James of London Sandlewood & Bergamont sample supplied by @shavetheman

Big thanks to Con for the sample. I have been told it will be available to buy here very soon from a certain place :)

The soap performs great, does a very easy lather and feels great on the skin.

Scent is nice, I am starting to think Sandlewood might not be my favourite scent but I liked this one. I have a few other samples of theirs to try and will do over the coming week.

12321549_10153075051956537_2459305189235637800_n.jpg

Sunday post Lawn-mow SOTD

First use of the Catie's and very impressed. Soft soap (croap) which loaded very very fast and produced a great lather. Scent is light and fresh, and simple, with what I can only assume is the oakmoss at the front (I know the other 2). Had to follow with the only menth aftershave I have until unnamed store opens soon.

Sunday 29 November 2015

220236d1448802116-sun-november-29th-sat-december-05th-sotd-29112015.jpg

Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakkapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle

Today's shave has been luxurious thanks to this Mastro Livi kamisori, as a matter of fact, one of the three Mastro Livi kamisoris I have in my collection. This one is very special because it has the well known Mastro Livi kamisori shape - of course based on the original Japanese style - with a lovely abalone handle and a very keen Damasteel with a Hakkapella pattern. Whoever uses a kamisori for shaving knows it gives a very deep shave, it can be tricky sometimes to use - because you have to shave with the omote side only - but the reward is very high. It takes time to master a kamisori, certainly a longer time than a traditional straight razor, but the result is absolutely amazing. Not to mention when you shave with a Mastro Livi kamisori, something adding a magnificent craftsmanship skill to a beautiful blade. For this shave I wanted to use one of my favorite shaving soap of all times - Martin De Candre - an absolutely super performing soap with a Mediterranean fragrance of very high class and performance. What a great shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Martin De Candre
  • Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger Chubby Brush - 30mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakkapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Denim White

Status
Not open for further replies.