Not open for further replies.
img_2035.jpg

Proraso White Preshave
Rubberset 49-3 restored silvertip
Dove Men + Shaving Cream
Gem Featherweight
Gem (4)
Brut aftershave

Found this tub of cream cheap in a local store so thought I'd give it a try. Quite impressed for the money. Can't place the smell but it's nothing like the hand soap.

Today's shave has been luxurious thanks to this Mastro Livi kamisori, as a matter of fact, one of the three Mastro Livi kamisoris I have in my collection. This one is very special because it has the well known Mastro Livi kamisori shape - of course based on the original Japanese style - with a lovely abalone handle and a very keen Damasteel with a Hakkapella pattern. Whoever uses a kamisori for shaving knows it gives a very deep shave, it can be tricky sometimes to use - because you have to shave with the omote side only - but the reward is very high. It takes time to master a kamisori, certainly a longer time than a traditional straight razor, but the result is absolutely amazing. Not to mention when you shave with a Mastro Livi kamisori, something adding a magnificent craftsmanship skill to a beautiful blade. For this shave I wanted to use one of my favorite shaving soap of all times - Martin De Candre - an absolutely super performing soap with a Mediterranean fragrance of very high class and performance. What a great shave!
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Martin De Candre
  • Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger Chubby Brush - 30mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakkapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Denim White

Superb, @razorguy! You just helped me decide on my next shave ;)

20151130_zpsovrcwla3.png

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Thater 2-Band
Soap : Saponificio Varesino 70th
Razor : Mastro Livi Kamisori (Western Grind)
After Shave : Proraso Green

I had a different shave planned for this morning, but thanks to @razorguy's SOTD a last minute change of plans ;) I decided on a "best of the best" shave, and I'm glad I did. Sometimes words don't seem quite adequate to express some things, and today's shave was like that - a smooth and intensely enjoyable experience from start to finish. The Thater brush and SV 70th Anniv soap produced a superb lather, quickly and easily. The Mastro Livi Kamisori - what can I say? For me, it shaves like a dream - smooth, close, comfortable and ergonomic. A totally satisfying experience with a totally satisfying result. I guess you've all experienced it - you have a brilliant shave and can't stop feeling your face for hours. Facesturbation, I believe it's called ;)

The only thing needed after that was a mentholated aftershave to go with a glorious day in Melbourne, so the old standby Proraso Green did the job. I'd like to hear some suggestions on mentholated AS splashes from some of you guys :)

Happy shaving to all of you, and thanks @razorguy for motivating me to use the Mastro Livi today :)

20151130_083716 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Proraso Red Cream
Post Shave: Nivea Balm and Proraso Green
Two pass shave with a clean up. This is an excellent cream with a strong sandalwood scent that I enjoy immensely. Warm day in Melbourne so following @Draco Noir's lead I too have used the Proraso Green AS to finish up.

The only thing needed after that was a mentholated aftershave to go with a glorious day in Melbourne, so the old standby Proraso Green did the job. I'd like to hear some suggestions on mentholated AS splashes from some of you guys :)

Happy shaving to all of you, and thanks @razorguy for motivating me to use the Mastro Livi today :)

Now that is a 5-star class shave, @Draco Noir

My suggestions for aftershaves that contain menthol include a) Alt Innsbruck b) Fine American Blend c) Floid Vigoroso or Blue

20151130_SOTDSGraphBoost_zps4skh9jxp.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Lather: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Shouldn't every day be the best shave @Draco Noir ;) But the good thing is, every day demands a different best!!!

I almost forgot how much I adore Stirling soaps - with the recent addition of Mystic Waters to the den and a largish amount of Mike's, I sometimes forget, that Stirling is for me also one of the best...and needs in no way to hide behind the others.

Of course the Chubby produced a ton of perfect melting Gelato lather that was flying around the bathroom from the get go - FANTASTIC!

Facesturbation, I believe it's called ;)
I'd like to hear some suggestions on mentholated AS splashes from some of you guys :)

Faceturbation indeed is the term, credit to @Marlow IIRC (hope you read this and are doing well mate).

How do you find the menth content in Proraso green and PAA ?
That will determine your tolerance (which in time and constant use will increase, hence requiring stronger products) and recommendations.

Shouldn't every day be the best shave @Draco Noir ;) But the good thing is, every day demands a different best!!!

Well said indeed @alfredus - especially that every day demands a different best. Fits right in with the "Variety is the Spice of Life" philosophy. I often reflect on how fortunate we all are - what most men regard as an objectionable chore, we manage to get a great deal of satisfaction from. Now if we could only do the same with taking out the garbage... ;)

6/8" Invicta "bellied" cut throat for a single pass on 2 days growth and a delightful DFS. There was no real sensation of the whiskers being mowed down basically they were just wiped away.

Nice soap I made the other day beaten to a very good lather in my scuttle and applied with a blond Vie Long horse hair brush.

Just under 24 hours to go.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.