Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

Nope.... It disappeared and I have no idea why unless Mark decided to remove them!

I've not removed anything - did people give me bike advice I missed? Sorry :(

I am not sure what is going on, but Egg and I posted some threads to Mark's 'Which Bike' thread that had disappeared the next day..... and I know they were there. So I think it is not just you.
Glitch in the mainframe? ;)
(I've noticed it also...)

Nope.... It disappeared and I have no idea why unless Mark decided to remove them!
Thanks - I guess I will open a new one up in the near future...

Today I shaved with the Slant of Death again with the Martin de Candre soap and Gillette Silver Blue blade.

Wonderful lather just exploded from the brush. This soap needed very little water to get going. The scent is very green and refreshing. Reminded me of walks in national parks in the Dandenong ranges. Left my face feeling smooth and hydrated so I skipped the balm and went with some Myrsol F./Extra.

The SoD behaved wonderfully and I kept the pressure very low and ended up nick free. A lovely way to start the day.

Tomorrow I pass the box off to the last of the Melbourne crew, but I'll get one more shave in before then[emoji4] [emoji106]

You survived the SoD @StueyB - well done!

That MdC has a rightful reputation :)

Finished my stint with the traveling box with the Slant of death matched again with GSB. Returned to Mike's Barber Shop armed with a lot more practice with samples and the knowledge that it needs a bit of work and likes the water. I also switched from the horse hair brush to the synth that is becoming my brush if choice for samples.

Lovely lather that the SoD slid through without causing any irritation or blood. While I like a heavier razor usually, the SoD is a very light but gives a nice close shave.

The handle can be a little slippery but the hexagonal shape helps to grip once you have picked it up. It shaves quite differently than the ikon #102 but still gives a nice close shave. I highly recommend you try this out if the traveling box comes your way.

I'll post a summary of my experience once I get access to a real keyboard.

Sounds like you mastered some new tools and added a few items to your shopping list. [emoji106] Looking forward to your summary.

It is still looking mighty impressive!

Finished my term with the traveling box. Many thanks to @Mark1966 for organising this cornucopia of shaving goodness.

I've added a sample of Shaver Heaven Aladdin into the box. This has a great scent but I get some irritation from it so I'm passing it on.

I've also added the Phoenix Double Open Comb that was kindly gifted to my by @Draco Noir. It's a bit of a unique style and others should get a chance to try it out. Maybe someone will want to give it a new home after the box returns to Mark.

There is so much packed in the box that it would be easy to spend two months trying out all the goodies. Here is a brief summary of my experience.

The Great a.k.a. things on Santa's list

Le Pere Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Jabonman Ylang-Ylang Patchouli
Pannacrema Vetiver
Martin de Candre
Schick Injector (probably vintage over the plastic version)
Gem single edge
Pinaud Bay Rum Aftershave
Floid Vigoroso
Le Pere Lucien Lotion du Barbier

The Good things I would like to experience further

B&M Black Label Rosemary & Mint
B&M Black Label Baudelaire - would be on the list to Santa but it seems to be discontinued
Mike's Barber Shop - this one is a little too much work for the return. Maybe it's because it's a sample.
Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion - great scent and soothing but left my face feeling a little waxy

The Bad a.k.a. the ashtray scents
Geo F Trumpers Eucris
B&M Roam

This had been a wonderful learning experience and I hope I can fight the enabling influence enough that my kids aren't forced to leave school to find a job so they can eat. Start wet shaving, it's cheaper than shaving with cartridges they say!?

Finished my term with the traveling box. Many thanks to @Mark1966 for organising this cornucopia of shaving goodness.

I've added a sample of Shaver Heaven Aladdin into the box. This has a great scent but I get some irritation from it so I'm passing it on.

I've also added the Phoenix Double Open Comb that was kindly gifted to my by @Draco Noir. It's a bit of a unique style and others should get a chance to try it out. Maybe someone will want to give it a new home after the box returns to Mark.

There is so much packed in the box that it would be easy to spend two months trying out all the goodies. Here is a brief summary of my experience.

The Great a.k.a. things on Santa's list

Le Pere Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Jabonman Ylang-Ylang Patchouli
Pannacrema Vetiver
Martin de Candre
Schick Injector (probably vintage over the plastic version)
Gem single edge
Pinaud Bay Rum Aftershave
Floid Vigoroso
Le Pere Lucien Lotion du Barbier

The Good things I would like to experience further

B&M Black Label Rosemary & Mint
B&M Black Label Baudelaire - would be on the list to Santa but it seems to be discontinued
Mike's Barber Shop - this one is a little too much work for the return. Maybe it's because it's a sample.
Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion - great scent and soothing but left my face feeling a little waxy

The Bad a.k.a. the ashtray scents
Geo F Trumpers Eucris
B&M Roam

This had been a wonderful learning experience and I hope I can fight the enabling influence enough that my kids aren't forced to leave school to find a job so they can eat. Start wet shaving, it's cheaper than shaving with cartridges they say!?
Great write up!

Judging by your 'greats' list, it looks like I'll really enjoy Le Savon du Barbier & Ylang-Ylang Patchouli.

Top summary @StueyB

A lot on that shopping list... [emoji6]

Slightly off topic but relevant. I no longer wish to receive the travelling box so can whoever was going to send it to me can they forward it to the next name in the list (wherever the list may be).

Thanks

Slightly off topic but relevant. I no longer wish to receive the travelling box so can whoever was going to send it to me can they forward it to the next name in the list (wherever the list may be).

Thanks

Up to you mate but could be a while before it gets to Sydney - I'll confirm with you closer to time.

20151011_091649 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
My Sunday shave of the day.
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Schick Injector from the PCB3
Soap: B & M Lavender from PCB3
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Post Shave: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum from PCB3
The B&M did not disappoint. Easy to load and a beautiful scent. Lathering on the face it was not long before it was thick and creamy with a nice sheen on it. The Schick injector feels very much like a modern day cartridge razor in the hand, very light. Easy to load and ready to go. Finding the correct angle was easy enough. Read online that this razor is fairly mild. I am not finding that at all. One pass WTG and its cleaned off most of my two day growth. Couple of weepers around the chin and one under the nose. My fault because I am using it like a regular cartridge with too much pressure. Second pass, no pressure all is good. Just a clean up under the jawline needed. Very maneuverable razor. BBS is the result. This is a quicker way of shaving. Face feeling good no irritation. Splash of the Bay Rum is embracing with a strong clove scent. Love the scent so does the wife, not the daughter. Oh well can't please everyone.

Mate, not only did I have to look up the definition of "paspalum", but I don't know what that type of grass smells like...
paspalum_dilatatum.jpg

Visual hint and I still get the same irritation from it as @Dale.Whiley got as a kid.

BTW - don't right off the all tobacco scents. Alt Innsbruck for example smell VERY different to the Roam as does the Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco.
Indeed should at least try Alt Innsbruck, as it is more a virgin/green tobacco and tobacco flower, than a smoked/bunt construct.

I am not sure what is going on, but Egg and I posted some threads to Mark's 'Which Bike' thread that had disappeared the next day..... and I know they were there. So I think it is not just you.
Would me having issues with word wrapping on a mobile device possibly be related ?
Have not experienced this for quite a while.

As for B&M Black Label, does anyone have a contact in 'Murica ?
I might know somewhere that still has stock and I most definitely desire at least one more Baudelaire.

20151011_212916 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
I was pressed for time today so I again used the Schick injector and I think this is where this razor becomes invaluable. It is simply quick to shave with and the results are excellent. A couple of weepers again with the first pass only. Eased up on the next pass and all was good again and the result was a perfectly adequate shave for the day. The B&M soap is brilliant and I used the Frapin to finish up after applying an alum block. So my shave for today was:
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Injector(2) from PCB3
Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
Soap: B&M Black Label Baudelaire from PCB3
Post Shave: Alum followed by Frapin from PCB3