Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

20151019_084351 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Permasharp Super
Soap: Musgo Real from the PCB3
Brush: Semogue 1305
Post Shave: Tea Tree After Shave followed by Aesop Morrocan Neroli Balm and finished off with Frapin all from the PCB3
Two pass shave with a clean up today. Went back to a milder Edwin Jagger razor today. While yesterdays shave was one of the closest I have had it left me with some irritation around the neck area. Today's shave was about recovery. The Musgo Real cream whips up easily enough to provide you with a good quality lather that provides good protection for your shave. Careful two pass shave with just a little clean up along the neck line. The tea tree oil after shave is nice and calming followed by a little Aesop balm just what my face needed. Finished off with a little Frapin. The Frapin will last all day.

20151020_082528 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Gem from the PCB3 and EJ DE89
Soap: Barrister & Mann Orange and Cedar Black Label from the PCB3
Brush: Semogue 1305
Post Shave: Tea Tree AS followed by Aesop Balm and a dab of English Leather all from the PCB3
Bloomed the B&M for 10 minutes. Loaded for 30 secs and went into a face lather. Wonderful scent, more cedar than orange, but within a minute I had a beautiful thick creamy lather. First ever use of a Gem and it did not go well. Didn't feel comfortable from the moment I held it. Difficult to maneuver around the face and by the time I had done around my chin I decided not to attempt under the nose. The wife took one look and said I looked like Norman Gunstan. Finished with my Edwin Jagger. Extensive use of an alum block to clean up the many weepers and the Tea Tree AS with the Aesop Balm. Once everything had settled still had a DFS. A small dab of English Leather to finish off.
Norman Gunstan by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

151020_zps83esctkx.png

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Pre_Shave soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Plisson La Maison du Barbier
Soap : Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary
Razor : Hoshi Tombo 4000
After Shave : Alum, Argan Oil
After Shave Splash : Tom Ford Extreme

Today's absolutely superb shave is dedicated to the Shave Gods, who have smiled upon me and delivered (with the Postie's help) the newest, smallest and without doubt the cutest member of my little family of Hoshi Tombo razors, the Hoshi Tombo 4000. Resplendent in birds-egg green scales, this little beauty measures only 50mm long at the cutting edge and 15mm deep.

It was back to the Mike's soap today to see what a synthetic brush can do with it. The answer is wonders! Using the techniques sent to me by @alfredus and @Lifes a Peach, I got one of the best lathers I've ever made. Plenty wet and not too thickly slathered on - the little razor won't hold half a litre of used lather on its dinky blade. The shave was awfully close to perfect - the Hoshi combined lightness, balance, agility, comfort and the expected sharpness to make a sublime experience of the two passes needed for a full BBS finish.

I'd planned on something else post-shave, but after a shave like that only the absolute best could do it justice. Out with the unused sample bottle of Tom Ford Extreme, and on went a scent to die for and which I'm sure will last all day. Thanks to @Osman for this - he took me into one of the department stores here to show me what absolutely top end men's fragrances are about. OMG, I can deal the idea of hundreds of dollars for a razor, but $450-500 for an itty bitty bottle of fragrance? I wish.....

Thank you Shave Gods! While you're at it, dispense a bit of goodness to the other members of this forum :)

Sounds like a ripper shave, @Draco Noir . So pleased that the lathering technique worked for you too.

@Draco No it it's the quality of ingredients used that adds to the price. Mostly natural :)

Tonight I bid a fond farewell to the magical box. I do not despair for I know that someone is anticipating it's arrival with great joy. What did I learn from the magical box? I learnt the difference between a very mild razor and a very aggressive one. My preference is probably for something in between. An open comb razor also intrigues me so I must try some more. Barrister & Mann produce a wonderful soap and I must have more. More soap in general I think. Also I don't have nearly enough aftershaves and fragrances. The Frapin was a great surprise. An expensive product but of the highest quality. It was a great pleasure to try different soaps and razors and fragrances. So a big thank you to @Mark1966 for organising the magical box(or curse).

Third straight shave with the Schick injector and one small weeper on the chin my fault of course but each shave was an improvement on the previous shave. Again a very quick shave. Used Mikes barber shop soap today. Pressed a small amount into my shave bowl and bloomed it for 10 mins and then gave it a good lather. Great clean scent and a beautiful thick creamy lather was the result. This is a quality soap. Two pass shave with a clean up and followed with Trumpers Limes skin food and then the Trumpers Limes cologne. Face feels great.
So the shave for today was:
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Injector(3) from PCB3
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Mikes Barber Shop from the PCB3
Post Shave: Trumpers Limes Skin food followed by Trumpers Limes Cologne from the PCB3
20151013_083655 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
I was impressed by the injector when I had the box, I am on the hunt for one.
Cheers

I was impressed by the injector when I had the box, I am on the hunt for one.
Cheers
Sounds like you better find one fast. The box still has more people to enable and they'll be wanting one too! [emoji12]

Tonight I bid a fond farewell to the magical box. ....

OK folks - so where is the box?

I could trawl back through PMs but I presume that this was posted to ADL? Is it still enroute???

Review and comments people - give us review and comments!

As far as I know it was supposed to be here last Friday but I have not seen it yet.

Yes, chasing up DHL I understand - hopefully sorted soon!!

*waves an angry fist in the generalised direction of Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn*

What a joke - almost 3 weeks later and they contact you - they did learn too much from AusFarce :cry:

Love to see them try and place a value upon the box, gouge them for all you can if they don't find it.
Can use it to replace items and pay for our own private courier :p

I called DHL again yesterday. They said it couldn't be found and they're chasing it up with the Melbourne office. They said they'd call me back but never did. Not looking good.