Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

That injector is getting a lot of love!

Must confess to not having tried one.

I wonder if a loaded injector would make it past Airport security!?

If so then it might be a viable option to cartridge for a carry-on only flight.

I'm positively surprised at the deserving love Frapin's range is getting :)

Third straight shave with the Schick injector and one small weeper on the chin my fault of course but each shave was an improvement on the previous shave. Again a very quick shave. Used Mikes barber shop soap today. Pressed a small amount into my shave bowl and bloomed it for 10 mins and then gave it a good lather. Great clean scent and a beautiful thick creamy lather was the result. This is a quality soap. Two pass shave with a clean up and followed with Trumpers Limes skin food and then the Trumpers Limes cologne. Face feels great.
So the shave for today was:
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Injector(3) from PCB3
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Mikes Barber Shop from the PCB3
Post Shave: Trumpers Limes Skin food followed by Trumpers Limes Cologne from the PCB3
20151013_083655 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Today is a non shave day so I thought I would try a few of the fragrances. So I tried a little Acqua di Parma Essenza, Penhaligons Lothair, Sartorial and Bayolea. The stand out is the Acqua di Parma for me. Two hours later and it has more staying power than the Penhaligons. Having said that the Penhaligons are all excellent scents that I think I may have to add to my buy list in particularly the Bayolea or was it the Lothair.

20151015_080921 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Two day growth time to try my first open comb razor. So todays shave went like this.
Preshave: Proraso Green )hot in Melbourne today)
Razor: Phoenix double open comb from the PCB3
Blade: Permasharp Super
Soap: Old School Shave Cream from the PCB3
Post Shave: Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post Shave Lotion followed by Floid Vigoroso both from the PCB3
Small amount of shave cream into my shave bowl and it lathered up a treat with a nice citrus scent. Ok bit tentative on my first pass WTG no pressure. Can't feel anything am I shaving? Rinse off and yes good amount of whiskers taken off. Lather up and go again XTG. Still not really feeling anything other than the razor gliding across my face smoothly. Rinse off and very little left to do other than along the jawline. Amazing. Lather up again and go ATG. Too easy. Rinse off BBS. Not a single cut or weeper and zero irritation. WOW. Its an hour after the shave and my face feels extraordinary. Finished off with the Aesop which left the face feeling a little greasy but then a splash of the Floid Vigoroso soon fixed that. The scent of the Floid reminds me of .....my late uncle. What a wonderful shave today. Also added to the list of things I now need and must have.

Fantastic to hear that it was a great shave for you @Osman from the PCB3. Lots of quality products from the Box today. [emoji106]

I think it was PCB2 that opened my eyes to Floid. [emoji13]

The Phoenix DOC is a very MILD open comb. So if it's your first Open Comb then it's a safe start. [emoji106] Paired with a sharp blade and it's very comfortable but works well. Still not as efficient as most open combs, but a great introduction.

If you want to explore some more open comb razors, I suggest next trying the Gillette NEW long comb. Some of the modern OC razors are modelled off this vintage razor's head. It steps up in efficiency, and yet is still quite comfortable.

Fantastic to hear that it was a great shave for you @Osman from the PCB3. Lots of quality products from the Box today. [emoji106]

I think it was PCB2 that opened my eyes to Floid. [emoji13]

The Phoenix DOC is a very MILD open comb. So if it's your first Open Comb then it's a safe start. [emoji106] Paired with a sharp blade and it's very comfortable but works well. Still not as efficient as most open combs, but a great introduction.

If you want to explore some more open comb razors, I suggest next trying the Gillette NEW long comb. Some of the modern OC razors are modelled off this vintage razor's head. It steps up in efficiency, and yet is still quite comfortable.
Yes definitely a very mild razor I may pair it with a feather and see how that goes but I thoroughly enjoyed it and I now certainly want to try a more efficient type open comb. The Floid is on my short list. Mind you my short list is starting to get pretty long.:)

I could fit my shaving items in a single box before PC TB II.
Now I require a box for my blades, a box for my soaps, a box for, well you get the idea!

20151016_081254 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Todays shave went like this
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Phoenix double open comb from the PCB3
Blade: Feather
Soap: Le Pere Lucien from the PCB3
Post Shave: Aesop Moroccan Neroli follwed by Frapin both from the PCB3
The LPL is a must have soap. The lather explodes from the fist moment you hit it with the brush. In 30 seconds you have a luscious thick creamy lather. The feather pairs very well with this very mild razor. Three pass shave with no issues and no fear, great result. Less is better with the Aesop balm. Use a small amount and the skin soaks it up to leave a nice soft and radiant skin. The Frapin has also been added to my short(long) list of things that I now want:eek:

The LPL is great - loving the leftovers I kept :)

Know which Frapin it is you're sampling ?
I strongly suspect I've converted someone here to one of theirs before the box has even reached him!

Unfortunately the labels have disappeared so I do not know which Frapin. Today is a non shave day so I am using another Frapin. Again a wonderful scent and they have excellent staying power. These are a quality product. Thanks PCB3.

20151018_091401 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Sunday shave went like this
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: ATT from the PCB3
Blade: Permasharp Super
Soap: Stirling Black Cherry from the PCB3
Post Shave: Thayers Peach and Aesop Moroccan Neroli balm followed by a Frapin all from the PCB3
Two pass shave with a clean up. The Stirling soap was pressed into my bowl and bloomed for ten minutes before I lathered. Needed a bit of work but it produced an excellent lather that lasted throughout the shave. The ATT razor I gave a fair bit of respect to as it has a nice blade exposure. Very efficient as after the first pass I had very little whisker left on the face. The blade is very much felt on the face. Gingerly finished the second pass then a small clean up under the chin. Couple of weepers and a little redness around the neck. The Thayers was followed by the Aesop and everything settled down well. Very close shave but I don't think I could shave with this razor on a daily basis. Beautiful to look at and feels great in the hand. Finished off with another Frapin