Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well folks the box is on its way (almost)!

The participants are (in order, except within a city!):

@Lynchy-Snr

Melbourne -
@Nightguard, @StueyB, @Lifes a Peach, @Draco Noir

Adelaide -
@boldsworth, @alfredus, @khun_diddy

Queensland -

@vanNek

NSW -

@Steve_M

Sydney -
@JayDee, @SydBJW, @gthomas04, @filobiblic, @MrT, @borked

Canberra
@stillshunter

Within a city you can work out an order for yourselves :)

I had to keep a few things out of the box and most things are samples so -

Please do NOT remove ANY item without checking with me first.

This is a variation on the original rules but given the nature of the box makes it fairer. It also means we can do a smaller, swap in and out box later.

A reminder about the other rules -
  • The sender is responsible for cleaning the items before sending the box and the receiver is responsible for sanitising the items upon receipt.
  • The box can be kept for 1 - 2 weeks, please do not exceed 2 weeks.
  • Post when you have received the box and your impression/comments for the products within – we want to hear your opinions and see your pics! Reviews don't need to be complicated, even a rating system is fine.
  • When you have finished, PM the next recipient to ensure they are ready to receive the box.
  • The box is to be posted with a tracking number at all times and that number is to be posted in this thread.
  • Please keep the weight of the box to 3kg or under to keep shipping costs down.
Any problems, PM me. Most of all - enjoy!

EDIT: The ShaverHeaven Drogon Noir from @Anthony and the Murphy and Daughters are full/almost full tubs - you CAN take samples out of those to use later to speed up the passage of the box. Just make sure that there is enough for the people left.

Last edited:
So it is all packed up -

Absolutely stuffed full - effectively using the items themselves as packing. I hope it works out OK like this.

On the scales at ...

So not much margin for error!

Tracking number to @Lynchy-Snr (with signature on delivery) is 99601256315701004562507 It cost me $16.45 to post this way.

Enjoy and I look forward to your reviews :)

BTW - would love to see pics of the arrival and opening - curious about how it will travel.

Last edited:
Pfft, he says it cost him $16 to send, but the receipt says otherwise.

Typical accountant speak!

Pfft, he says it cost him $16 to send, but the receipt says otherwise.

Typical accountant speak!

Oh yeah of little faith -

;)

Glad it arrived safely mate!

Quick update
So far I have used the Pinaud Bay Rum A/s - loved it
I used the Le Pere Lucien soap - no scent but provided a great slick lather that lasted throughout the shave and left my skin feeling great. I followd this up with the Lotion Du Barbier A/s - nice strong scent which lasted well into my 10 hour shift at work.
Still trying to work out the photo thing.
Cheers

The LPL is the UNSCENTED one - great lather!

received_101534844980295221.jpeg_zpszevccx1p.png~original

Test Photo

Tonight I tried the Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco soap and the Schick Injector razor.
I already own the Green Tobacco aftershave so the scent was no surprise. I do not smoke so I didn't think a Tobacco scent would be to my liking, but I find it is more an earthy/wood fire smoke type scent and use it regularly.
The soap provides the same scent as the A/s and the usual thick and creamy lather that you associate with Shaver Heaven soaps.
This was my first shave with an injector type razor.
It didn't take me long to work out how to load a blade, hopefully getting the blade back out is as easy.
It provided a good shave, didn't take much to get the right angle etc. I did my usual 2 pass shave and it has left my face feeling smooth.
I will definitely be on the lookout to add some Schick Injectors to my collection.
Cheers
20150810_234957_night1_zpswrx3gs7l.jpg~original

Ps: Brush is a vintage Gillette Standard.

20150814_004547_night1_zpsrnzzly2k.jpg~original

Sorry its taken a few days but I am a shift worker and I can only upload photos on the PC.

Tonight I used the B&M Black Label Orange and Cedar, I really like the scent and the performance is top notch. Definitely will look into trying more B&M soaps.
I used the 2012 Above the Tie Razor, now this is a quality piece of work. It is a heavy razor but feels good in the hand. For me it is probably too aggressive but I will definitely try it again, maybe this time before I have a beer.

Last out of the box was the Thayers Peach Witch Hazel. This relieved my skin, after poor attempt at a shave, and matched well with the fruit theme.

Cheers,

Some nice stuff there - glad you enjoyed (most of) it.

I love the ATT - this is the most aggressive closed comb baseplate - you can get two others that are milder.

20150814_004547_night1_zpsrnzzly2k.jpg~original

Sorry its taken a few days but I am a shift worker and I can only upload photos on the PC.

Tonight I used the B&M Black Label Orange and Cedar, I really like the scent and the performance is top notch. Definitely will look into trying more B&M soaps.
I used the 2012 Above the Tie Razor, now this is a quality piece of work. It is a heavy razor but feels good in the hand. For me it is probably too aggressive but I will definitely try it again, maybe this time before I have a beer.

Last out of the box was the Thayers Peach Witch Hazel. This relieved my skin, after poor attempt at a shave, and matched well with the fruit theme.

Cheers,
Good to see you giving it a fair go L-S! [emoji106]