Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the 50 or 55 mate?
It's the 55mm one and unless you have a liking for extreme scrub, that's the one I would recommend...even this one took more than 10 shaves to loosen up. But now it's a beautiful brush!

6zAL-Uq7ZxwXC5JQ4Kceal2YlZ8M-_mkEcppbMCvcFPjZdBMEuB9B4q_aaM7cZ8AQ7okFaxT3-P7tAunjZrZjzylBpsZCyroaAf_V30STg5E2ePqDLjdpXktgsizknQ5r5uWIsOp9aoKqJb-bUNgMrhQLXCGx4MPcb0XDgUjmxnBSTCQrdjSo2psAmcZYZKSyVxeaN79T32htB11wg2qwbArKsDCzbi9wgDKUlRzXH1QR65wvavd4brOOTeo_LW1Xckl2T7n8vQudCMioXJFbsxmfXdUqCAqba2cuyy5hap7M6oFHD3RFlgBL8WxsgPTKjKT_GRRCnVVu3vn_XBPge__tTDOaRGUaYApSsCv1le1GjU0_ewbhTvSY01_7_9YoTkfe3RXN8xIEM62QEPrs3uxksNmaXe7SVT0999w7piaX8nTjhyfIVmDc2-Fw-U9tNmyq2Ty2zsLQHEiEwjPjIjdyZ5l-7D-uFUzlZK4ha-dHXKtaL31Dt3LaL29tfOwjs7eQx-vbvqU6OQliE4hSgSySRn4EXJKp7Pef5se1NToiegHHpA8sJpptyA3gjfOi7W6=w644-h542-no

Face Wash : Musgo Real O Melhor Exfoliant Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Fine Synthetic
Soap : Mystiv Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor : Jerry Stark Handmade 6/8"
After Shave : Myrsol Agua Balsamica/Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Perfect Friday Shave - not too fussy, but comfortable and with a touch of luxury. After face prep, I lathered up with the Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender still left in the "thrifty coconut". It's not a soap I chose myself, but after a few uses I'm starting to like the scent. As for the other attributes, well it's Mystic Water - we expect the best, and get it :) The razor has been on a short holiday with @Mark, who wanted to try it, and has given it a glowing rating. Using it today, I realised that for me, it captures the shaving feel of a vintage German razor. Although it's highly efficient, it has that comfort and "softness" that seems to be a hallmark of those German creations.

I ended up with a very smooth face indeed, and a splash of Myrsoft Aqua Balsamica gave a super skin feel on top of that. All ready for the first P&C Melbourne chapter Lunch for 2016 :)

Pre: Musgo Real Soap
Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: D.R Harris Arlington
A/S: Speick

Fist time out with the chubby and I love the feel of it. Despite loading for an eternity I struggled to get enough lather for my 3rd pass, but I know that this brush takes time to open up properly. Fatboy did its usual stellar job. Quick splash of Speick and I'm ready to go.

What do the numbers mean. Fat boy setting I guess, 3rd use of the blade??
The FatBoy (and Slim, Black Beauty, Progress, Toggle, Mergress, etc) are all adjustable razors. The FatBoy has settings from 1 to 9. The higher the number, the larger the blade gap. The larger the blade gap, the more efficient (aggressive) the razor is at cutting.

@Nightguard hows the Shaverheaven Peppermint Plus smell any good?? Cause I'm becoming a huge fan of Shaver Heaven ;)
Umm, YES!
Only the slightest of menthol hint to it, more than Proraso Green for me, which simply doesn't register, and a decent scent, unlike Proraso that imo, smells very much artificial.

20160214_072349 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Top Seven emulsion
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Mystic Water Sweet Briar
Post Shave: The Stray Whisker Balm and Clubman Pinaud AS
Three pass shave to a smooth, irritation free face. The sweet pipe tobacco scent is very pleasant. The stray whisker balm is excellent and I want more. A very satisfying Sunday shave of the day.

Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Platinum (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted with pure)
Soap/Cream: Dr Jon's Classic Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Myrsol Formula K

After finishing off the Mini Menth Showdown it was time for something different. In this case a sample that @filobiblic gave me long ago of the Dr Jon's Classic.

Loading from the little pot was a pain but I find if you put in it your palm and lather/load it seems to work OK. This is my first butterscotch Simpson I had reknotted in pure badger - so a little bit of scritch to start the day (although not TOO much)

Lather was decent, scent nothing much. Soap was overall OK but I would not rush out to buy in all honestly, needs some tallow would be @alfredus's view!

Nice finish with the Formula K though - yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.