Status
Not open for further replies.
20160210_SOTDSRain_zpsaplhrqyt.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: IKON DLC Slant with long Bulldog handle
Blade: PolSilver SI (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Lather: Mystic Waters Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

This razor/blade combo is definitely too aggressive for my tastes. Very close shave, but also a huge sting from the alum....

Groovy picture. I take it the rain is an effect added later?

Groovy picture. I take it the rain is an effect added later?
Many thanks and if you are unsure I have achieved my goal :D

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Soap
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Monster Synthetic
Soap: Tabula Rasa Cardamom
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (2)

Fist time out with the Monster and I am impressed. I just dropped serious money on a Chubby 2 and I'm wondering if there's a need when this brush does everything I could ever want.It felt as soft as any shavemac or Thater I've tried but I didn't feel I had to baby it.
I had a little trouble with the Tabula Rasa before, but this time I started it off in the palm and then finished on the face (don't google that phrase by the way). Tons of excellent lather, enough for 5 passes. I did a pleasant 3 and finished with the ever excellent Speick splash.

A really nice blend of Leather and Smoke. Very masculine but not over the top.
Thanks NG. Sounds good for @Dale.Whiley but not a scent for me.

@filobiblic see link http://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com/products/tombstone-cologne-aftershave-w-alum-menthol

Ingredients: Alcohol, Rose Water, Aloe, Glycerin, Menthol, Alum, Essential/Fragrance Oils
Thanks SPC for the info, but I was after a personal opinion rather than the facts.

Anyway, I think it wasn't from PAA that NG got his juice from but from a local source. [emoji6] So much easier to obtain when it's local...

Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Platinum (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven - Arctic Mango Extreme
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Check out the results here: Mini Menth Showdown

20160212_081610 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Top Seven emulsion
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post Shave: RazoRock Lime balm and Alt Innsbruck
Three pass shave to smooth face and no irritation. The Mystic Water scent strength increases when you lather and is a pleasure. The performance is sublime. Face lathered and just kept adding water till it was perfect. In fact, I had to answer the phone just as I finished lathering and five minutes later it was still moist and shiny and had not dried out one bit. Ready for lunch.

Pre: Occams Lime
Brush: Menz Biz Super Badger
Razor: Murkur 34C
Blade: Feather Platinium
Soap: Shaver Heaven - Hazelnut Cappuccino
Scent: Brut 33

Wow. It just keeps getting better and better. First time out with a feather. That's where it's at folks. Fantastic close shave. Tiny bit of irritation but possibly that's a hang over from yesterdays rubbish shave. Shaver Heaven - wonderfully slick, lasting, smells great. I'm over the brush. Even with a tight band at the base it still has practically no backbone, not that soft either. Duke 2 and Semogue 1800 sitting here on my desk. No idea which one I will try first but really looking forward to a better brush. I quite like the scent of the Brut 33, but ready for something new. Just got to stop spending on brushes/soaps/razors/mugs and I might be able to get something!

Will give a photo a go soon, just run out of time in the morning.

20160212_SOTDSDodge_zpsym0aq5zt.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: IKON DLC Slant with long Bulldog handle
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Mystic Waters Jeff's Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Much better shave today - probably the best with the IKON so far. It is a super efficient razor and as long as you work in almost negative pressure territory, it just glides over your face and you almost don't notice it is shaving. Great to get my technique back up...

Status
Not open for further replies.