Not open for further replies.
SOTD Monday, February 8.

Pre-shave: Bloom water
Soap: Shaver Heaven, 1st Anniversary
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Face lather
Razor: Inoue Fujisuke kamisori.
Strop: Whipped Dog Rich Man's 3" leather & palm stropping

Shaver Heaven 1st Anniversary is right up there with all @Anthony 's shave soaps. Great lather and stays slick and moist. The kami performed well until ... ... ... the pencil thin moustache that I'm shaping proved an issue with the kami rather a straight. The bulk of the blade made it difficult to "get into" those tight spots and I gave myself 2 little nicks between my nose and the top of my mo. Not deep, just annoying and I'll be going back to a straight tomorrow.

Apart from that, a good shave. I enjoy using the kami but straights are my preferred sharp.

hSOmZv2.jpg

Wedding Anniversary Shave (Sunday)

Brush:
Semogue Mistura LE
Soap: I Coloniali Mango Oil
Razor: Weber with Wave handle
Blade: Polsilver
After: Thayers & Floid Vigoroso

I never shave on a weekend or in the evening but needed to make an exception in this case ;)
She's a lucky lady to be married to a man who can be flexible.......sometimes :cool:
Tough choice between Floid or Alt Innsbruck to complete the job :unsure:
A near ripoff of @filobiblic 's shave earlier in the week :)
30 minutes of more sleep this morning (y)

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I hope your wife & you had an enjoyable evening.

I feel the same way! It's almost down to a coin toss sometimes...

A great shave!

Welcome back!

Can anyone compare PAA aftershaves to Myrsol?
Hmmm, I'll have a stab.

PAA has a dash more menthol.
Myrsol has more single/simple note scents; but are more "classic". The PAA has some lovely complexity of scents depending the AS.
PAA has greater longevity than Myrsol - they really are colognes as they have far more scent than an "aftershave".
Face feel would be line-ball for me. Both have great ingredients that make the face feel top notch.
Really, they are both great aftershaves but in different ways. We're spoilt for choice really.

Are you asking because The Stray Whisker now has some PAA aftershave/colognes in stock? [emoji6]

Welcome back!

PAA has a dash more menthol.

PAA has greater longevity than Myrsol - they really are colognes as they have far more scent than an "aftershave".

Are you asking because The Stray Whisker now has some PAA aftershave/colognes in stock? [emoji6]

Thanks!

More menthol sounds good

I wondered if they were more cologney - I like that myrsol dissipates pretty quick.

And yep I have my eye on TSW ! Great range huh!

I wondered if they were more cologney - I like that myrsol dissipates pretty quick.

Myrsol is good no doubt, Antesol and Metilsol are favorites of mine. I have 30 bottles of AS in my collection currently.
Buying another splash if the scent wont last seems like a waste to me. So Longevity is what I'm looking for now.
That's what got me looking at PAA, as good longevity seems to be mentioned everytime it comes up. Also helps justify the price for me.
I decided to pull the trigger and got 2 PAA aftershaves from TSW. Looking forward to trying them out!

hSOmZv2.jpg

Wedding Anniversary Shave (Sunday)

Brush:
Semogue Mistura LE
Soap: I Coloniali Mango Oil
Razor: Weber with Wave handle
Blade: Polsilver
After: Thayers & Floid Vigoroso

I never shave on a weekend or in the evening but needed to make an exception in this case ;)
She's a lucky lady to be married to a man who can be flexible.......sometimes :cool:
A near ripoff of @filobiblic 's shave earlier in the week :)
30 minutes of more sleep this morning (y)

Congrats LaP. How many years?

20160209_081913 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: PAA Ice preshave soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Trumpers Limes(and Panna Crema)
Post Shave: Razorock Lime Balm and Musgo Real Orange Amber
Two pass shave with a clean up under the chin. Still had some PannCrema left in the bowl so added some Trumpers Limes cream and a few drops of glycerin to produce copious amounts of a luxurious uber lather. Very slick and heaps of cushion. First use of the Musgo Real Orange Amber and it is just a real pleasure. Face feel is spot on and the scent is heaven. No great longevity for scent but if you touch your face an hour later you get wafts of the scent given off.

20160209_081913 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: PAA Ice preshave soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Trumpers Limes(and Panna Crema)
Post Shave: Razorock Lime Balm and Musgo Real Orange Amber
Two pass shave with a clean up under the chin. Still had some PannCrema left in the bowl so added some Trumpers Limes cream and a few drops of glycerin to produce copious amounts of a luxurious uber lather. Very slick and heaps of cushion. First use of the Musgo Real Orange Amber and it is just a real pleasure. Face feel is spot on and the scent is heaven. No great longevity for scent but if you touch your face an hour later you get wafts of the scent given off.

Ahhhh, the old 'faceturbating' mate - must have been a good shave!

Yes a very good shave and I 'faceturbate' at least four times a day, but it could be more

You will go blind ...

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I hope your wife & you had an enjoyable evening.

I feel the same way! It's almost down to a coin toss sometimes...

A great shave!

Thanks Filo. Yeah, both the Innsbruck and Floid
Congrats LaP. How many years?

First SOTD post. Was going to attempt a picture but the Label-less soap (SnD) and dusty aftershave suggested I not bother.

Pre: Occam's Crushed Lime Soap
Soap: Shaver Heaven Hazelnut Cappuccino
Razor: Murkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Super Platinum
Brush: Mens Biz Super Badger
After: Adidas Game Spirit

Best Shave in 22 years today, which actually makes it the best shave of my life! It just keeps getting better and better. Shaver Heaven soap is all it's cracked up to be, and I went straight to a wonderful the face lather for the first time. Probably due for a new blade so that just shows how good this soap is. My wife just kept smelling the tub muttering "I want to eat this". Result is BBS with just a slight hint of roughness against the grain. Ruined it with rubbish aftershave, so the Adidas is going in the bin with the Proroso Cream. I found it after a drawer clean up on the weekend - God only knows how old it is, but I thought to give it a go after it go the scent approval from her in doors. Onwards and upwards.

First SOTD post. Was going to attempt a picture but the Label-less soap (SnD) and dusty aftershave suggested I not bother.

Pre: Occam's Crushed Lime Soap
Soap: Shaver Heaven Hazelnut Cappuccino
Razor: Murkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Super Platinum
Brush: Mens Biz Super Badger
After: Adidas Game Spirit

Best Shave in 22 years today, which actually makes it the best shave of my life! It just keeps getting better and better. Shaver Heaven soap is all it's cracked up to be, and I went straight to a wonderful the face lather for the first time. Probably due for a new blade so that just shows how good this soap is. My wife just kept smelling the tub muttering "I want to eat this". Result is BBS with just a slight hint of roughness against the grain. Ruined it with rubbish aftershave, so the Adidas is going in the bin with the Proroso Cream. I found it after a drawer clean up on the weekend - God only knows how old it is, but I thought to give it a go after it go the scent approval from her in doors. Onwards and upwards.

How do you find the scent on the soap? I'm eyeing it off.

How do you find the scent on the soap? I'm eyeing it off.

Well, the Mrs can't keep her nose out of the tub, and is very keen for a post shave kiss and cheek rub. So, pretty good! I don't quite make out the Arabica in there so I was a little disappointed. NOTE: I have a dull nose that doesn't pick up on subtleties. I do like it though. At the end of the day these sorts of things are very subjective, up to personal taste etc. I would say if you like the sound of the scents, then get it. It's available as a $10 SnD too so you just can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.