Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear!

That would NOT be a good outcome as we head into the Canberra winter ...
No it wouldn't, would it?
Luckily that's why Proraso and other mild products exists.

2bNk5xUl.jpg

Brush: Shavemac #177
Soap: I Colonaili Mango Shaving Cream
Razor: Gillette #58
Blade: Polsilver [2]
After-shave: Floïd Vigoroso

The I Colonaili is a beautiful soap. A strong and distinct scent (it is warm, rich and spicy). Finishing with the strong Vigoroso, it made for a delightful shave.

nice shooting Tex

Brush: Shavemac #177
Soap: I Colonaili Mango Shaving Cream
Razor: Gillette #58
Blade: Polsilver [2]
After-shave: Floïd Vigoroso

The I Colonaili is a beautiful soap. A strong and distinct scent (it is warm, rich and spicy). Finishing with the strong Vigoroso, it made for a delightful shave.

Lovely shave, Filo. All class mate. An inspiration for my coming Monday shave (y)

FRIDAY 5th

n-sbqeEPB5pIipjcJNG3Pi6mGFzYm6-Srd6LoVpIq1myol8IloUZpHHn2ytcOxEa_emzCENBJWuA7DKuywZqNz5tQ8I-Umbb7Jheh8YDsiv7ml9MZZcSfsnuqeBjYcFzb17zoEt9GuHaS5aUDycHQo9T9hta6i0f0HcCT_AxwunaFG057ow1s0myr7XoTM3EPP6sPaSZ-uaG4tJUF9UCMLa_T-BNUI4LTD2RC-BAdfJQY2YYRJ-VoVmCIuoNObYhGl82AL8stGFW4rFXjsm_MQhgYioNZVjUmROxQQd4ZIT2eerZPvefK28YtzuD_U7-RX0lEPZYfzTBLrX_FVYHZifsqJp-naZ5lWf1L0SSCe3uROELvPGAI6qbH2YOdqEss7tDQogFwvDDaxNHPiFXnzc3nGK2LdQlbagZjgc3BPvciqKt3u3k7pI1CN9kHcJ5iEQfYZWXSujmktYX4g1uaWkeGm3NSz3n3HnlvziC09dy4h4WepmUTYYBLnuPy9bCtVif-A0B8uTStzmvIoL1ORqoBd3w9bR1zEbRegcV0zb-P8pozR5KCDRTIlEFHNtc99dn=w800-h600-no

Face Wash : Shower
Pre-Shave : Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush : Shavemac Custom
Soap : Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay
Razor : Brucke 6/8"
After Shave : Argan Oil, Alvarez Gonzalez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

Total Comfort is the best description I can give to today's shave. I got an excellent and wonderfully fragrant lather from the Sudsy Soapery soap, accompanied by a nice face massage courtesy of the Shavemac brush. The Brucke razor is really a marvel - it's not a super high concentration razor, but it's both very comfortable and very efficient. 2 passes was enough to have me smiling with pleasure from both the enjoyment and the result.

I wish every day's shave could be so satisfying (y)

su6iIU7C4kMttnd5bLAsGxNhGqPuEM7Zw4xNCmkZAiVNJqrNH0yqBntl2_W0jlPy99dDGSMjGzaircvnwrwTHd_LBHNPm5z8xgJHKeHOHl7saxU9ctY7mw3Mv-9KGw1dQRKN2KOaozZehQzjYjrNV5SI9JZo9M4t25V7GBuMsPi8nhk0kTRzTSIu7ePsUMwrIr_mzSv0tAekn0v3TPgYfpaxiZgmCzGA651dqBecR15JRXW3CrntwxGmWwe_DFf2nAGqd_wablo51-DOsdGQGg3bBbf-lHHntMzpY9CRa5krH5Fk7ypFnEH6xj5CLKZE92D4txvO-AAe3NjvC_BoKgebDOgz8Yn-Z5v__EjNtZLVaq6XEhwVq5xtT5rfzdSfUc7orwzZiFZEtB_LgnaPfSH7e0W2dUfGIMwzZpBJqmVfOieXL6aj8lOGaNgda2UstMMc2T9opmeWkaCqEo44-VuwLisn9gvk8ScW5zf3DftXwPoGQLEf_UxPfWnv_fOHxOULqoZG3ZFPGZPq7BiC7Ltfkd6GIn82QcY9nfi4b8g-_llsR8zk-HQb5GrhDlWAup5T=w800-h600-no

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Shavemac
Soap : Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Razor : Puma 89 Special
After Shave : Argan Oil, Fine Platinum

After yesterday's stellar shave, I wanted to repeat the experience. Last night I decided to go with German Steel again, this time from Puma. Ever since owning this razor I've had the feeling that the edge could be better - sharper and smoother. So I buckled down with the Jnats and tried to find a sharpening approach that really suited. Long story short : I finally nailed it and got a superbly sharp edge, subject to a shave test today. Whipped up a thoroughly serviceable lather from the Caties Bubbles complete with a wonderful fragrance, and it was time to shave. A big thank you to @Lifes a Peach for choosing me the Caties Bubbles - you hit the bullseye (again!!) mate. By the end of the first stroke with the razor it was obvious that I'd found the edge I've been searching for on the Puma. It was as smooth as glass, very efficient and it "sang" for the entire shave. 2 passes, a tiny bit of touching up and one very happy shaver :) A good splash of Fine Platinum and I'm ready for (almost) anything....

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Soap: I Coloniali Mango
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Razor: iKOn DLC Slant
Blade: PolSilver SI (1)

First time out with two new acquisitions and I'm blown away. The Plissoft is all it's cracked up to be, fantastic lather with backbone. Seriously, I'm looking at a shelf full of brushes with disgust, this is the only brush anybody could ever need. The I Coloniali is an amazing soap. Fantastic scent and slick, cushioning lather that feels fabulous afterwards. By a long way the best soap I've tried (and I know I said that after the LPL). More mango to follow in the balm and I'm BBS and feel like a fruit salad.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Soap: I Coloniali Mango
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Razor: iKOn DLC Slant
Blade: PolSilver SI (1)

First time out with two new acquisitions and I'm blown away. The Plissoft is all it's cracked up to be, fantastic lather with backbone. Seriously, I'm looking at a shelf full of brushes with disgust, this is the only brush anybody could ever need. The I Coloniali is an amazing soap. Fantastic scent and slick, cushioning lather that feels fabulous afterwards. By a long way the best soap I've tried (and I know I said that after the LPL). More mango to follow in the balm and I'm BBS and feel like a fruit salad.

Consider a like from me plus 3. My favourite soap and Thayers and @Draco Noir 's favourite slant and DE blade. Brownie points all-round my good fellow (y)

Soap : Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Whipped up a thoroughly serviceable lather from the Caties Bubbles complete with a wonderful fragrance, and it was time to shave. A big thank you to @Lifes a Peach for choosing me the Caties Bubbles - you hit the bullseye (again!!) mate. By the end of the first stroke with the razor it was obvious that I'd found the edge I've been searching for on the Puma. It was as smooth as glass, very efficient and it "sang" for the entire shave. 2 passes, a tiny bit of touching up and one very happy shaver :) A good splash of Fine Platinum and I'm ready for (almost) anything....

I was sweating over that choice as you have an exquisite nose for the finest scents. Delighted that Un Jour Gris received the @Draco Noir Seal Of Approval (y)

@Psmith have you seen the price of a NOS Toggle?
Or a Darwin?

@khun_diddy an idea forms, if you're amicable to working with me to bring the idea to realisation, drop a PM :)

img_2315.jpg

Shavemac TSR Xmas LE
OSP Neroli shaving soap
Ikon slant
Polsilver SI (1)
Superdrug Sierran Breeze aftershave

Very nice but I forgot to take a shot of the lather. Dropped a few menthol crystals in the splash to pep it up.
Is the beauty of alcohol aftershaves, menthol dissolves quickly within them.

Status
Not open for further replies.