Not open for further replies.
20160612_065724 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap and Proraso Red preshave cream
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather(2)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2
Soap: Caties Bubbles LPV
Post Shave: Thayers Lemon Witch hazel and Malizia Uomo Vetyver
Sunday morning shave. Three pass shave to BBS. Two day growth that the Standard/Feather combination made easy work of. The Caties Bubbles is a wonderful soap and the Simpsons brush lathered up a storm. Just a wonderful way to start the day.

Pre: GFT lime skin food
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac custom
Soap: SH Spice Mahogany Tallow V3
Blade: Feather

(Shave from last night)
Definitely way overloaded the brush, not enough water for the first pass. Resulted in a very pasty, hard to rinse off lather. Goes to show that this soap sure is thirsty.

Added a lot more water on second and third pass. Much much better shave. Was hard to sense the blade during the first pass, but not during the latter passes. Amazing lather paired with an amazing razor, achieved BBS irritation free shave.
@silver - that is a wicked setup.

20160612_SOTDS_zpsxoaplewz.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, Australian Emu Oil​

Stellar Sunday shave - slept in and was just in the right mind frame for a nice relaxing shave. The lather was so shiny, it was almost like a mirror on my face - just perfect and the proof can be seen here.

Hope you guys have a great weekend as well (y)

Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Silvertip Fibre
Soap/Cream: La Toja Shave Stick
Aftershave: Speick A/S

Still away so same set up. Opened the Slim up a little and was fantastic. May be my go to setting now.
The Muhle Synth with La Toja stick makes lather so effortlessly, although the post shave is not as impressive as I'm used to.

20160612_SOTDS_zpsxoaplewz.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, Australian Emu Oil​

Stellar Sunday shave - slept in and was just in the right mind frame for a nice relaxing shave. The lather was so shiny, it was almost like a mirror on my face - just perfect and the proof can be seen here.

Hope you guys have a great weekend as well (y)
@alfredus - great photo.

Sword: Schick M-Type
Suds: Gent's #4 / Omega S
Salve: Floid Blue

The last couple of days I've used Tabac and Mike's Lavender. I definitely prefer my olive oil stuff. @alfredus if you want a Mike's puck with, like, five shaves on it, I'll bring it to our next gathering.

Great shave today.

Which one of his lavender? Oh never mind OF COURSE I WANT IT :whistle:

@alfredus - great photo.

Thank you Tom - very kind of you (y)

Pre: Shower, Taylor of Old Bond Street - Pre-shave gel
Soap: Geo F Trumper - Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Brush: Stirling 22mm synth
Razor: Kamisori - western grind (8)

I caught up with Sensei @Draco Noir at his Dojo today and he kindly parted with the Kamisori he had previously loaned me, he also sent me away with a plethora of goodies as you can see [URL="http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/june-2016-acquisition-thread.2669/page-5#post-68399"]here[/URL]. I was really keen to try some of the new goodies so as soon as I got home it was shave time.

Eighth shave with the Kamisori, I did a two pass shave WTG and XTG. I found using the pre-shave gel and coconut oil cream worked really well, the only issue was making sure the lather didn't dry out as I've recently had some really strong IXL heat lamps/exhaust fan combo installed in the bathroom. (There are 4 heat lamps but I've found having 2 on keeps the bathroom nice and toasty while having all 4 on feels like you're getting a sun tan).

Once I made sure not to let the lather dry out the shave went smoothly, no nicks or cuts so that's always a successful shave with a straight in my book. I again spent a bit of time focusing on the problem areas however I seem to be managing them much better now. I avoided the temptation of adding in an ATG pass and potentially ruining a very satisfying shave, I ended up with BBS in some parts and DFS in others. :D

This young grasshopper wants to thank Sensei @Draco Noir again for your wisdom and generosity, I greatly appreciate it. :)

Pre: blue beards revenge Pre-shave oil
Soap: Papaya chill -shaver heaven
Brush: Silver tip badger
Razor: J A Henckles 13/16

I am loving the myrsol blue, it's such a great smell and makes my face feel great after.

I can not get enough of this razor either it is such a fantastic performer.

duGwTYZl.jpg

Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Gillette Black
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
A/S: D.R. Harris Sandalwood

Big thanks to @silver for the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro soap. It lives up to it's reputation as excellent performer, loads and lathers very well and is slick and cushioning. The let down is the scent, to me it smells like Sandalwood and bad body odour. Just really, really unpleasant. Fortunately the B/O part of the scent falls into the background once it's lathered and is hardly noticeable.

duGwTYZl.jpg

Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Gillette Black
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
A/S: D.R. Harris Sandalwood

Big thanks to @silver for the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro soap. It lives up to it's reputation as excellent performer, loads and lathers very well and is slick and cushioning. The let down is the scent, to me it smells like Sandalwood and bad body odour. Just really, really unpleasant. Fortunately the B/O part of the scent falls into the background once it's lathered and is hardly noticeable.

Yea so I guess I wasn't the only one who wasn't quite into the scent. But yes, it's a great performer. Only let down is the scent. Great looking lather shot there. Would you like me to crop it and paste it in the lather shots thread on your behalf?

00f829f4c4248e76440265da1f623b40.jpg

Pre: GFT lime skin food
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti
Blade: Feather

Used load/hydrate method today. Lathering part had a bit of a hiccup, larger bubbles started to form even when I did really slow swirls at the start. But slowly after a while, it begins to thicken and the familiar glisten begins to form.

Probably won't see the fourth use of the Feather. Third use blade is quite
different compared to a brand new blade. But still achieved a smooth, irritation free Bbs shave.

Soap and aftershave combo was delightful. Every time I use combos like this, it makes me happy that I started wet shaving. All started with a site 'How to shave like your grand pa'.

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil Soap, Proraso Green cream
Brush: DR Harris Best Badger H3
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
A/S: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Lovely BBS shave. The DR Harris combo of brush and soap whipped up a beautiful lather.
First use of Cat O' Nine Tails A/S. Nicely balanced Bay Rum fragrance, with a bracingly warm sensation upon application. Skin feels great.

img_3039.jpg

3P Preshave
Midas Custom Rubberset 400
CRSW Puro Fresco
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro (1)
Floid Blue Aftershave

First try of the Cobra Classic today and it's a really nice shaver. To me it feels more efficient than the mongoose and maybe just a tad smoother. I've not tried the mongoose for a while so it'll be good to compare the two again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Française Traitee V-2 1975
Cream: Generic (I refuse to call it 'Old Spice')
Brush: Vie-Long 13061 Horse Hair Brush
A/S: Nivea Original Lotion

I did 2 WTG + 1 XTG for a refreshing result. Last time I used a blade from this very bundle, it was dull... I couldn't even finish my WTG pass : / This time I picked a pack at the center of the bundle and picked a blade at the center of the pack (There must be at least one blade that kept its edge? right?). Seems like I was right, I am convinced that they were just badly stored.

Slim
Omega
Proraso
London Bridge.

Still on the first London bridge blade and it's still going strong after a months worth of shaves.

As I don't have a count of precisely how many shaves that is, I'm trying to decide whether I should retire it or just keep on going till it feels rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.