Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: GFT lime skin food
Brush: SOC
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: iKon B1 Slant
Blade: Voskhod

Soap is fairly averagely scented, nothing extraordinary. Performance is not bad though, but not as slick as I would liked. I might need to work a bit more to dial in more water maybe to get a slicker lather. Still achieved a smooth shave, with a tad tenderness. Soap still causes minor irritation, will observe and see.

Brush: SOC
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: iKon B1 Slant
Blade: Voskhod

Soap is fairly averagely scented, nothing extraordinary. Performance is not bad though, but not as slick as I would liked. I might need to work a bit more to dial in more water maybe to get a slicker lather. Still achieved a smooth shave, with a tad tenderness. Soap still causes minor irritation, will observe and see.

@silver are you face or bowl lathering? Have you try "marco method" of lathering?

Last edited:
20160523_SOTDSFrame_zpsvtpdyyja.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mystic Water
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​
Another fantastic s :Dhave today - just getting a bit bored with the same setup for so long. That's what soap testing does for you - great lather though

Another great photo @alfredus - really minimalist, but says it all. You must know your soap for the month like the back of your hand now. At least there is some benefit to a month of using the same soap every day!

The shave sounds wonderful too :)

@silver are you face or bowl lathering? Have you try "marco method" of lathering?
Face lather. I think I found my problem, too little water while loading. Especially with my boar. I need to add some more water to the loading process, keep adding water until it lather explodes. Just did a test lather, as I couldn't sit still thinking about it. Problem is - not enough water! Thanks @SpeedyPC!

Last nights shave consisted of the following. The two razors are custom made Max Sprechers sent to me for honing, one is a 7/8 the other is an 8/8, both have quite a heavy grind 1/4 hollow at least, one was finished on a very fine Japanese natural stone, the other was finished on a Suehiro Gokumyo 20k. Both effortlessly shaved extremely well resulting in an irritation free BBS all round.

The 70th Ann. combo is one of my all time favourite. The thater 4125/3 is new to the den, inspired by @borked after lending me his huge Thater which I'm yet to return (not sure what model it is but I'm sure he'll fill in the details) Cheers.

13282706_10206194851501277_845542682_o_zpsqtsuxomd.jpg

Last nights shave consisted of the following. The two razors are custom made Max Sprechers sent to me for honing, one is a 7/8 the other is an 8/8, both have quite a heavy grind 1/4 hollow at least, one was finished on a very fine Japanese natural stone, the other was finished on a Suehiro Gokumyo 20k. Both effortlessly shaved extremely well resulting in an irritation free BBS all round.

The 70th Ann. combo is one of my all time favourite. The thater 4125/3 is new to the den, inspired by @borked after lending me his huge Thater which I'm yet to return (not sure what model it is but I'm sure he'll fill in the details) Cheers.

13282706_10206194851501277_845542682_o_zpsqtsuxomd.jpg
@Mark I love these straight razor it looks sexy :p:D;) this is just for you and your sexy cool straight razor

Last edited:
Razor: Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Schick Superior Platinum (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson badger
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: Soap Commander Integrity balm
Cologne: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Nice shave, simple neutral balm, nice smell.

All good

Nice looking blades - although that is probably thin praise as I am a self admitted Luddite when it comes to straights. Maybe it is the shiny scales.

Pre: Pears transparent spas
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
Brush: Simpson duke 2 pure
After: Alum, Myrsol formula "C", Nivea soothing balm

Felt like an easy shave this morning, so went back to the trusty DE89. Stuck the Voskhod in and had a great traditional 3 pass shave! Tried something different this time with the pears soap as a pre shave. I'll do a bit more experimentation with or, but I think it might have helped a little this morning. Anyway, the usual finishes did their wonderful things. Happy shaving everyone!

I still haven't cracked open my V1 Drogon Noir yet!

Pre-shave: None - what do you think I am, a sissy? AKA I have no idea what they do, and have felt no benefit on using them

I with you @eggbert. Maybe it's a cold climate thing. I've tried only three but I can't discern a difference when using them. Only thing I do do is use the Occams soap if I haven't just had a shower just so I am starting on a clean face.

Brush: Simpsons "The Duke" 2 Best Badger.
Soap: Tabac (did someone say Tabac Tuesday?)
Strop: Kanoyama #30'000 (how come no one lists the strop they used?)
Blade: Tanifuji 6/8 Full Hollow fresh off the hone.
Balm: Stray Whisker
Scent: Tabac Lotion

Lovely, BBS, minor irritation in the usual difficult spots...

It Tabac Tuesday
Razor:
- Razorock Mission
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: - Simpsons Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap/Cream: - Tabac Soap
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Tabac Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Tabac Cologne EDC

That right today is Tabac Tuesday start using you're Tabac and I don't bloody care if you smell like an old ladies handbag, I love the smell of Tabac in the morning.

Brush: Shavemac 2-band
Soap: Jabonman Brisa de Orient
Razor: Schick Injector (L-type?)
Blade: Personna
After-shave: Jabonman Brisa de Orient milk

In lieu of Tabac, it's 2-Band Tuesday for me... [emoji16]
This injector is waaaaaaayyy too mild for me. I think it's an L-type but could be wrong there.

Razor: EJ DE86
Blade: Derby(2)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: Proraso Green(May Madness - we needs badge for this)
After: TN Dickinson WH with Aloe Vera

Normally have a relaxed shave at night, but too late last night. This morning had a fast shave before heading off to work. Not a bad shave, but nothing to write home about. The Derby is holding up ok.

Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Proraso green
Razor: Slim
Blade: London Bridge
AS: Floid vigoroso

Took me at least 10 seconds to make sure there was no alliteration in my shave.

Brush: Rudymac 2 band 22mm
Soap: SH Drogon Noir Tallow V2
Razor: merkur 34c
Blade: Feather

Someone called for 'two band tuesdays'?

Back to merkur/feather combo. Have to remind myself the feathers aren't as forgiving. Very close shave, bit tender but no burns.

Shavemac 2band silvertip is an amazing performing bristle. It has an insane amount of backbone but yet super soft tips. Really happy with this brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.