Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: - Razorock Mission
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: - Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Soap/Cream: - Martin de Candre Scented Shaving Soap
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / L'Occitan After Shave Balm
Fragrance: - L'Occitan Eau de Toilette

I had a very beautiful lavender sunny morning shave just nice an warm the Martin de Candre Scented has fulfill the whole bathroom with lavender, rosemary and mint in a beautiful sunny morning, along with L'Occitan After Shave Balm & EdT the top note is Lavender, Black pepper, middle note is Nutmeg, Cinnamon and base note is Tonka Bean, Musk and I reckon they both go pretty well with the morning glory scent of the day ;)(y) and I couldn't ask for more lavender :whistle::)

qXMNuDoJ9zQOWR9nqZv5JOtyZzyOv5GhN81qyQcn7ieefS1ACxPyLhgWrlssCUChgiKka906SU_UW0FRiwampSU4b3d_Huo0SpOmm_U0fppJSJsVOdLOVJEE7Uew4k5zpT5HI0_-t6Ygjbyai7UFClA5Yq0JuMRHuJsUKGq3NdenwcLoONN6whq5cEdp0EzHvCfWHzsVWMVHVgO1T4YGCH-qC8hF6bvIVvOqgs3OU0gdX6RcRpIqZ_s5ZGI0cQ7Mt4p1x70yxBWaQu82V4GXrzsLlF2f9mLwaNy1hDD8RSW947nE2ilY8omk1zCU1bFqnbNyb-3AqeUoPAIF68CXypynd_jZnKuGof4IRVXy4PQVxTLSLxPsMRuHiQdLAYSg0YTMbi5WjEHEjzbY7lWXi4QDYm5awzwxSM-O1JiPnkme08fVKaKU8aEr4dEBTq5K8xBQW2sMumVMqtc4wGChMPif4GlaUxBf0b77MeMhZGdCFFdOzBq0uPUTqJn_fUdTFYnn8srgPDIRJzVOu1UOHBxGTO3iLoZZx22XcVKVFdJ5_M9EAE5QZR9orCNW82iSppQthKnniiL8mRaN6QVP4HZ6PiBmBo0=w871-h497-no

Face Wash : Menthol Lime Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Thater 4292/3 2-Band Silvertip
Soap : Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes
Razor : Ikon Slant DLC
Blade : Polsilver SS [5]
After Shave : Alum, Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Tom Ford Noir Extreme

The Polsilver SS longevity test continues - shave #6 today. I felt like a little variety, so I swapped the blade out of the Fine Slant and into the Ikon Slant DLC. I chose a beautiful brush/soap combo : the lather that ended up on my face today was simply superb - near perfect :) I may have been imagining it, or maybe the change of razor is responsible, but the blade showed what I thought was a hint of tiredness. The results belied that completely though : 2 passes (XTG + ATG) produced yet another stunningly close and smooth shave. The Ikon definitely felt different to the Fine Slant. Not necessarily better or worse, just different at this stage. It will be interesting to flip between the two slants for a while and see if I can identify exactly what the differences are. Finished up with the usual skin care, followed by a good squirt of the superb Tom Ford Noir Extreme.

Another very enjoyable shave :)

Razor: - Razorock Mission
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: - Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Soap/Cream: - Martin de Candre Scented Shaving Soap
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / L'Occitan After Shave Balm
Fragrance: - L'Occitan Eau de Toilette

I had a very beautiful lavender sunny morning shave just nice an warm the Martin de Candre Scented has fulfill the whole bathroom with lavender, rosemary and mint in a beautiful sunny morning, along with L'Occitan After Shave Balm & EdT the top note is Lavender, Black pepper, middle note is Nutmeg, Cinnamon and base note is Tonka Bean, Musk and I reckon they both go pretty well with the morning glory scent of the day ;)(y) and I couldn't ask for more lavender :whistle::)
Where's the most economical shop to purchase some Martin de candre soap??

As always, shaverheaven always performs. I think I overloaded today, so first pass wasn't as great. That's fine, second pass, simply added more water, perfect. Fantastic soap, I can't wait for the release of V3 formulation.

Running low on the PSI, so I loaded a Voskhod today. I reckon, PSI was miles better for me. I still prefer sharper blades. Will take some time for the blades to be shipped from Bulgaria.

Finished off with the trusty alum block, stung a little no biggie, witch hazel it up and then the alt innsbruck emulsion. Upon application, I can't stop but smelling mosquito and bug sprays. Certainly scent is a very personal thing! Splashed a little of the alt innsbruck cologne, still not fully into the scent yet. YMMV!

Happy Friday every one!

V3? Err you missed it. Already out!

Haha! I know! I missed the limited edition one. But, V3 Drogon Noir hasn't been released yet. And my crystal ball foresees that it would pretty soon, as V2 has been out of stock for a while now.

Wrong again my friend. You may have missed Diamonds and Pearls, but not the latest offering in V3. http://shaverheaven.com.au/juicy-froot/
There should be a lillth follow up being released very soon too.

But, yes, maybe there will be a Dragon Noir V3 soon..

Pre-Shave Prep Derma Protective Cream
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Mitchell Wool Fat
Razor Gillette/Otto Roth New OC
Blade GSB (2)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Still struggling with the not quite wet enough shave. Really looking forward to being able to properly wash my face and have a real wet shave again.
The MWF has great glide, even when it doesn't have the perfect amount of water. Great post-shave feel too.

But, yes, maybe there will be a Dragon Noir V3 soon..
I still haven't cracked open my V1 Drogon Noir yet!

Pre-shave: None - what do you think I am, a sissy? AKA I have no idea what they do, and have felt no benefit on using them
Soap: Speick shave stick
Razor: Slim @ 5
Blade: Vintage London Bridge (Wilkinson Sword) * 6 (ish)
AS: Speick splash

Unfortunately I am no @filobiblic so cannot use a different soap for every shave in the month so have had to double up a few times. The Speick stick creates a great lather, but the scent is a little on the muted side these days- but I did buy it 4 years ago from @nav1 over on YKW, and have no idea how old it was before he sold it to me! Used the splash to remind me what the soap is supposed to smell of.
Vintage blades going along nicely.

qXMNuDoJ9zQOWR9nqZv5JOtyZzyOv5GhN81qyQcn7ieefS1ACxPyLhgWrlssCUChgiKka906SU_UW0FRiwampSU4b3d_Huo0SpOmm_U0fppJSJsVOdLOVJEE7Uew4k5zpT5HI0_-t6Ygjbyai7UFClA5Yq0JuMRHuJsUKGq3NdenwcLoONN6whq5cEdp0EzHvCfWHzsVWMVHVgO1T4YGCH-qC8hF6bvIVvOqgs3OU0gdX6RcRpIqZ_s5ZGI0cQ7Mt4p1x70yxBWaQu82V4GXrzsLlF2f9mLwaNy1hDD8RSW947nE2ilY8omk1zCU1bFqnbNyb-3AqeUoPAIF68CXypynd_jZnKuGof4IRVXy4PQVxTLSLxPsMRuHiQdLAYSg0YTMbi5WjEHEjzbY7lWXi4QDYm5awzwxSM-O1JiPnkme08fVKaKU8aEr4dEBTq5K8xBQW2sMumVMqtc4wGChMPif4GlaUxBf0b77MeMhZGdCFFdOzBq0uPUTqJn_fUdTFYnn8srgPDIRJzVOu1UOHBxGTO3iLoZZx22XcVKVFdJ5_M9EAE5QZR9orCNW82iSppQthKnniiL8mRaN6QVP4HZ6PiBmBo0=w871-h497-no

Face Wash : Menthol Lime Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Thater 4292/3 2-Band Silvertip
Soap : Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes
Razor : Ikon Slant DLC
Blade : Polsilver SS [5]
After Shave : Alum, Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Tom Ford Noir Extreme

The Polsilver SS longevity test continues - shave #6 today. I felt like a little variety, so I swapped the blade out of the Fine Slant and into the Ikon Slant DLC. I chose a beautiful brush/soap combo : the lather that ended up on my face today was simply superb - near perfect :) I may have been imagining it, or maybe the change of razor is responsible, but the blade showed what I thought was a hint of tiredness. The results belied that completely though : 2 passes (XTG + ATG) produced yet another stunningly close and smooth shave. The Ikon definitely felt different to the Fine Slant. Not necessarily better or worse, just different at this stage. It will be interesting to flip between the two slants for a while and see if I can identify exactly what the differences are. Finished up with the usual skin care, followed by a good squirt of the superb Tom Ford Noir Extreme.

Another very enjoyable shave :)

Beautiful my friend (y)

20160523_SOTDSFrame_zpsvtpdyyja.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mystic Water
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another fantastic s :Dhave today - just getting a bit bored with the same setup for so long. That's what soap testing does for you - great lather though

Where's the most economical shop to purchase some Martin de candre soap??

@Bobby to get these Martin de Candre Shaving Soap is from France, there are 50gram jars and 200gram jars you can buy

Martin de Candre Scented Shaving Soap:-
50g http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/141-savon-a-raser-50-g.html
200g http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/145-savon-a-raser-170-g.html

Martin de Candre Unscented Shaving Soap:-
50g http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/144-savon-a-raser-sans-parfum-50g.html
200g http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/142-savon-a-raser-sans-parfum-170g.html

Martin de Candre Savon à raser Fougère Shaving Soap (they don't sell 50gram jar) :-
200g http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/263-savon-a-raser-fougere-.html

Cheers ;)(y)

Brush: Envy White 24mm
Soap: B&M Rhapsody
Razor: Leresche #77
Blade: Schick Premium [3]
After-shave: B&M Rhapsody splash

The Schick isn't the best blade for the #77. Still a smooth and pleasing result. Rhapsody is such a lovely scent!

Still on track with a different-soap-each-shave for the merry month of May! [emoji38]

K24lOLJl.jpg

Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: GBE
Cream: Wahl Barbers
A/S: Wahl Bay Rum

A nice and easy three pass shave. First use of the Wahl Traditional Barbers Shave Cream, seems to be a rebranding of the old white tub Wahl Shave cream. Same coconut scent, same great, under rated performance.

K24lOLJl.jpg

Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: GBE
Cream: Wahl Barbers
A/S: Wahl Bay Rum

A nice and easy three pass shave. First use of the Wahl Traditional Barbers Shave Cream, seems to be a rebranding of the old white tub Wahl Shave cream. Same coconut scent, same great, under rated performance.
What is the bayrum like??

Status
Not open for further replies.