Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkur 34C
Epsilon 2 Band Badger
PAA Sangre De Drago
Dr Jon's Anne Bonny aftershave

The scent of the soap has gotten stronger with more uses. I don't think it's as amazing as everyone seems to rave on about it but the performance is great.

Also the Dr Jon's aftershave leaves a lot to be desired in face feel compared to B&M.

What's everyone's favourite aftershave for post application face feel?

59a3c3aecd36a1fa42ce7656df20ea24.jpg

Really like Catie's Bubbles, but in all honesty unless there is a scent you're in love with, stick with Shaver Heaven stuff. Looking and using non-tallow soaps from both, SH is better value and marginally better performance. Both top soaps though that have a place in your cabinets.

Tried to go back to the Parker 24c after watching some vids from Michael on the tube, but found it hard to adjust back after using the Rockwell.

20160526_080839 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: PAA Ice soap and Proraso Red preshave cream
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather(2)
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Mystic Water Sweet Briar(May Madness)
Post Shave: Gummy Balm and Malizia Uomo Vetyver AS Tonic Lotion
Two pass shave. This is all that is necessary for a working day as it gives me a shave between DFS and BBS. Excellent blade-razor combination. I am in agreement with @Mark1966 that it is easier to dial in the lather when you use the same soap or brand of soap every day. It will be interesting to see what those that have participated in the My Madness have learnt along the way.

Sword: Schick L-Type

This is a magnificent razor. Big ups @nav1 for the hook-up!

The L-type is amazing!
Yeah, I know there's some love out there for it. But I don't think the L-type is for me. It's very mild. 'LOL compare the one I have to the one in the Travelling Box to see if what I have is indeed an L-type.

That said, I prefer the G-type or wilder still. I'm enjoying dabbling with injectors so I'm just hanging out for a beefier version arriving soon!

Pre: quick face wash + GFT lime skin food
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: MdC fougere
Razor: merkur 34c
Blade: Feather

It's been a while since I have done a morning shave. More of a night shave person.

The MdC sure can take helluva lot of water. It's one of my slickest shaves to date with my MdC. Resulted in a great smooth irritation free bbs shave. Lather shots here.

Agua Balsamica pairs nicely with the MdC fougere.

Oh no I'm late for work!

13240726_1020770391364331_5654574510962596443_n.jpg

Last time I used Lime Ice Sage, I spoke of the lime, gin and tonic. That was the first use. Today was the second and it's a completely different beast to me today. Today it is all about the spice at first. Cloves maybe or cinnamon, or something like that but then developed into a deep woody scent that put me into a wood working shop all the while with the lime as a background. That's what I love about PAA aftershave colognes. They are so complex and always a pleasure, a party for my nose. The skin feel is excellent as is the soothing and healing properties. I just can't get enough of these. Shaver Heaven - awesome as usual, but I seem to have under-loaded today. I was in a rush...

Because most of the other mortals' strops are probable road kills hung onto a rack and used as a strop.
[emoji23]

Fair enough. I did hesitate... didn't want to boast but then they aren't that expensive considering they will last a life time.
Still, I'd be interested to see what others are using on a regular basis.

Fair enough. I did hesitate... didn't want to boast but then they aren't that expensive considering they will last a life time.
Still, I'd be interested to see what others are using on a regular basis.
Haha I'm just taking the piss. But I have heard of the name, they make great strops. It's a good idea to put it up honestly, the more you share the more we get enabled, Erm learn. Love SOTD's.

Buy cheap, buy twice they say. Need some pictures!

Brush: Saville Row 24mm
Soap: Dr Jon's Anne Bonny
Razor: Leresche #77
Blade: Polsilver
After-shave: Dr Jon's Anne Bonny splash

Borrowing a brush from @MrT - super soft tips but lacking a bit of backbone for a great face lather. Very nice brush though the SM 2-band beats it for me. [emoji14]

Enjoying the scent on the Anne Bonny, soap went well but the aftershave splash lacks post-shave performance. It's got a great scent, but not as great performance as Myrsol, B&M or PAA aftershaves.

Razor: EJ DE86
Blade: Voskhod Teflon coated
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: Proraso Green(May Madness - nay, insanity!)
After: TN Dickinson WH with Aloe Vera

Got a lazy day off today, decided to bin the Derby after 2 shaves although it probably had another in it. Decided to take a Voskhod for a spin (courtesy of the sample pack).
Lovely hot shower to prep. Whipped up a nice lather with the Proraso and set to work.
An absolutely magnificent shave! The Voskhod is sharp but very comfortable on the face, one of the nicest blades I've tried so far. Would definitely put these in rotation if the price is good.

Only 3 more shaves (every other day) until the end of May! Huzzah!!!

Razor: EJ DE86
The Voskhod is sharp but very comfortable on the face, one of the nicest blades I've tried so far. Would definitely put these in rotation if the price is good.
The price is definitely good but don't go overboard and buy 1000 of the buggers. Diff'rent Strokes and all that, but I found that they worked well in some razors, but not so well in others.
Plus it's nice to have a break every so often and try something else to see how your technique is coming along.

Only 3 more shaves (every other day) until the end of May! Huzzah!!!
See. A month with just one soap does that to you... It's torture. All those other soaps looking on just waiting to be picked up and used... The different scents to be enjoyed...

The price is definitely good but don't go overboard and buy 1000 of the buggers. Diff'rent Strokes and all that, but I found that they worked well in some razors, but not so well in others.
Plus it's nice to have a break every so often and try something else to see how your technique is coming along.

I might lash out on 100 at some point, but I already have about 3 years supply of blades to work through - and that's not counting the sample blades! Which would add a couple of months at least. Yes, I know certain people have many lifetimes worth of blades, but I'm not that keen (keen, geddit? That's a blade joke son! </foghorn leghorn>)

T1tV6bNl.jpg

Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum
Soap: Vintage Potter & Moore
A/S: Vintage Potter and Moore
Cologne: GFT Ajaccio Violets

Very enjoyable birthday shave. The lather from the Potter and Moore soap is incredibly thick and dense, although I didn't add enough water so the slickness was somewhat lacking. The matching A/S splash I found at a local vintage market last week, nothing special although the scent is very pleasant it doesn't last beyond the bathroom door. Great scent from the GFT Ajaccio Violets.

T1tV6bNl.jpg

Very enjoyable birthday shave. The lather from the Potter and Moore soap is incredibly thick and dense, although I didn't add enough water so the slickness was somewhat lacking. The matching A/S splash I found at a local vintage market last week, nothing special although the scent is very pleasant it doesn't last beyond the bathroom door. Great scent from the GFT Ajaccio Violets.

Happy birthday @Nightguard - wishing you many wonderful shaves to come (y)

T1tV6bNl.jpg

Happy birthday @Nightguard when are you going to give up you're Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey :p:D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.