Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow @JugV2, joop is a blast from the past. Remember that from my teenage years a long time ago.
I hear ya mate. I saw a bottle in the chemist the other day I wondered how they ever successfully pitched the colour scheme (pink and purple) to men of the day.

HpQHHQI.png

Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Traditional
Razor: Gold Dollar (WTG)
Razor: Phoenix Double Open Comb
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

http://i.imgur.com/HpQHHQI.png[/i]

Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Traditional
Razor: Gold Dollar (WTG)
Razor: Phoenix Double Open Comb
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Wow, code mash!
P.S., Darn, you fixed it before I could quote it or it comes out fine in the quoting!!!

Where'd you get the Phoenix Double OC (kind of looks like an ERR), but more importantly.......whaddya think of the LPL (goes nice with the balsamic don't it)?

Last shave with the box today so decided to make it a luxurious one:
20150418_SOTDS_zpsgywknakc.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: The Wolf SB-P WRH2
Blade: Kai (from the box)
Brush: WD 24/48 Silvertip
Soap: Occams (from the box)
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Although Occams pre-shave soap is the only product I use for every shave, this was the first time I tried their soap...I guess I was a bit afraid I would love it too much :)

The consistency of the soap is very similar to Cella and it is also great performer! Very slick and thick, exactly the way I like it, yet so easy to lather up and together with the Silvertip a perfect combination for a luxurious weekend shave.

Last time I had the box, I used a Kai blade with the my Above the Tie R1 for two shaves. The first one was fantastic, the second not so. So I decided to use the Kai blade this time for the last shave only, to avoid the disappointment of a possible bad second shave...and boy was I right.

The blade is smooth yet super sharp and paired with the Wolf it gave a perfect shave. Of course I had to go easy, but with this blade, that's all you need. Silky smooth result, although I did get some sting from the Alum.

Today I used the Olive Oil before the Witch Hazel, as has been recommended often. The result might be a bit cleaner feel, but also maybe a bit less plumpness....I think I have to play around with the same soap, to see what the actual difference is.

Looking forward to the Adelaide Meet-Up tomorrow - if any lurkers from Adelaide want to join us, please PM me for the details - it is going to be at 14:15

Brush: Semogue #620
Soap: LPL
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (6)
Post-shave: Myrsol Antesol
Scent: Terre d'Hermes

Going out tonight so a little polish of the facial region - got to do all you can when God went ballistic beating the ugly stick...not sure what I ever done to her but any who.

Zero irritation, though I reckon six shaves is about it for a Feather blade - especially when each shave is 3-4 passes and then touch-ups.

Really ready to eat some niiiiiiiiiice food.

IIRC Kaai's are available from Daiso stores...
As for Phoenix's Double Open Comb, its a rip off of the Grand Shave King.

IIRC Kaai's are available from Daiso stores...

Of course no Daiso stores in SA :(

Does anybody know the price of these? Wouldn't mind adding 100 to the stash, but not for 50$...

$2.80 is the standard price tag in their stores, not sure how many you get at that price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.