Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@filobiblic how did you go? Great photo by the way.

Steve
Not comfortable with the angles of the SE. I think I need to watch someone with good technique. It shaves very well; smooth and sharp. I only went for the cheeks and neck with the SE but it did the trick.

So you reach blindfold into a box of razor blades?
I've seen this box and yes, he pretty much does!

I really had to work hard, because there was so much lather flying around the bathroom :D :D :D
Where to go from here...
Sure that was lather and you were just not easily excitable ?

How do you keep count? A diary? Notched post? A box of dice? I struggle to keep a track on how many times I've used any one blade :oops:
Clicker.

Yep and that's exactly why vintage blades are wasted on the likes if us mate - a blade others could get 25 shaves from has hit my bin less than a few shaves in.
@Monsta_AU I've found a deserving candidate for the Philistine title!

@Nonick drop a line with your current/future address and I'll forward some crystals to you.
Honestly thought I already had done so.

img_1431.jpg

Proraso Red Pre
TBS Super Silvertip
Reef Point Aviator
B2 Satin Mongoose with Dr Bomber
Kai Sharp Blade (1)
TOBS St James AS

First use of the Kai blade and it didn't seem that sharp. Smooth outcome anyway. First try of the Aviator soap, I'd prefer less leather but I'll see how this goes with more use.

@Nonick got the Austin out for tomorrow :)

Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Razor: Gillette Knack
Blade: Elka Stainless
Soap: Jabonman Tierra Humeda
A/S: Pinaud VIBR

And that's the last of the Tierra Humeda. A damn good soap it was too, really will have to track down some more Jabonman soap.

How are you getting along with the Chubby?

La Toja
FS
7 o'clock yellow
FB Exec
Speick
Good

And that's the last of the Tierra Humeda. A damn good soap it was too, really will have to track down some more Jabonman soap.
There are 12 tubs...sorry, that's 11 now...in the whole of Australia. (It's possible but unlikely that there is more floating around as its darn exy from Spain.)
It's beautiful soap alright. Here's a shot of the original 12 so it's a heads up for tracking down where they have ended up. [emoji6] Happy hunting!
(I think there were 3 tubs of the Tierra Humeda that came into the country. So 1 down and 2 to go.)

NOOOOOOO!!!! Leather… … … mmmm!!! Goes with more use. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep; ears pricked up by I've still got most the tub of Shaver Heaven Desperado, leather scented soap you sent me @stillshunter. I have enough to last for quite some time.
Yet with two wet shavers on the house, quite a while is divided by two!
No need to justify when it's simple maths mate :)

Razor: Featherweight
Blade: Gem
Brush: S10108
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: F/Extra

Tonight's shave was my first foray into the murky world of SE shaving. Another Adelaide shaver @boldsworth has loaned me four of the finest SE razors known to man. I went with the mildest of the four. I was a little nervous but the butterflies subsided after the first few strokes. I heeded the advice of @bald as and went with short careful strokes. A few minutes and three passes later I was well shaven with zero irritation or blood loss.

I have to say, I like this way of doing things. I'm certain I'll improve with practice but as an initial effort, this was a very good shave indeed. The SE head design seems to be ideal for shaving the neck. It's so easy to find the right angle. I don't think I'll be shaving too often with the Featherweight though. It's too mild for my liking. Tomorrow night I'll step things up a notch...

Brush: Epsilon Horse
Soap: Palmolive Classic shave stick (Thank you @alfredus )
Razor: Gillette NEW SC
Blade: Voskhod
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Captains Choice North

Weekend shaves are strictly for weddings or Paste & Cut events. It's feels so unusual to have a smooth face on a weekend.

My first foray with the Palmolive. The scent is barely noticeable to my nose but the lather was great. Shave sticks should get more love because they make great lather and so easy. Why don't guys use them more often?

Razor: Featherweight
Blade: Gem
Brush: S10108
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: F/Extra

Tonight's shave was my first foray into the murky world of SE shaving. Another Adelaide shaver @boldsworth has loaned me four of the finest SE razors known to man. I went with the mildest of the four. I was a little nervous but the butterflies subsided after the first few strokes. I heeded the advice of @bald as and went with short careful strokes. A few minutes and three passes later I was well shaven with zero irritation or blood loss.

I have to say, I like this way of doing things. I'm certain I'll improve with practice but as an initial effort, this was a very good shave indeed. The SE head design seems to be ideal for shaving the neck. It's so easy to find the right angle. I don't think I'll be shaving too often with the Featherweight though. It's too mild for my liking. Tomorrow night I'll step things up a notch...

Great to hear @khun_diddy if you want to, step up and go to the 1912 and then go to the Clog Pruf. As I said today the FW is a great way to try SE shaving. With the 4 SE razors @boldsworth provided you have nearly all levels of mild to nearly wild. The Bullet Tip you also have is mild but extremely efficient. You mentioned you are comfortable with the R41 so the 1912 and the Clog Pruf will feel very comfortable.

Welcome to the underestimated world of SE shaving.

If you feel comfortable with those razors just let me know before our next meeting and I will loan you the "meat slicer" - just kidding - the Micromatic Open Comb.

Status
Not open for further replies.