Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Brush: Romera Manchurian Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougere
Razor: GEM 1923 SE
Blade: GEM (7)
After-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Pinaud Clubman

This 1912 is almost becoming an extension of my right arm. Hopefully it will not be fused to my fingers when @bald as 1924 turns up. No sign of a blade in decline yet.

Ahem..... @Pjotr (y)

9 hours and that Pinaud Clubman is still going strong! Talk about staying power.

Last edited:
Not sure if this fits with @Pjotr's theme but -

Razor: MMOC and Weber
Blade: GEM [?] and Vintage Schick [?]
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap: B&M Prototype (shhhh)
Aftershave: Pens Opus 1870 Balm
Cologne: Pens Opus 1870

Still rocking the world famous Thomas Method (TM) created by our very own @gthomas04

Great results - just lovely

Not sure if this fits with @Pjotr's theme but -

Razor: MMOC and Weber
Blade: GEM [?] and Vintage Schick [?]
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap: B&M Prototype (shhhh)
Aftershave: Pens Opus 1870 Balm
Cologne: Pens Opus 1870

Still rocking the world famous Thomas Method (TM) created by our very own @gthomas04

Great results - just lovely
I gave you one just in case @Pjotr misses it.

Last edited:
Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: Shaver Heaven Heavenly Amber
Razor: Gold Dollar
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Gillette Platinum [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Top shave. 'Nuff said.

Interesting shave this morning. I suppose I didn't really need a shave but of course I did have one.
I started using my MMOC with its 8th shave. It wasn't bad - GEM blades don't get tuggy like DE blades when they run out of puff but their performance does fall off gradually. I like a smooth sharp blade so changed to my MM Bullet point razor which I got from a fellow forum member @boldsworth just recently, it is a very mild razor compared to the MMOC. The new blade and the MMBT was great - but - mild as this razor is I managed to nick myself about 3 times. Mild doesn't mean you cannot get nicked.

I face lathered with #1 Turkish. That really is a great brush
Homebrew soap.
2 passes
and cold face wash between passes
Splash of Witch hazel.

The MMOC is aggressive but you wind up the caution factor a bit and enjoy the results. The MMBT is mild and I need to appreciate [which I do] that mild is not indicative of a lack of efficient close shaving, and that it can bite. :)

The shave was definitely BBS but because I nicked myself I call DFS.

Steve

Last edited:
mGKNFMfl.jpg

Just perfect.

Razor: FB Exec
Brush: FS Finest
Blade: Non vintage Gillette Platinum
Soap: La Toja stick

3 and out for the non vintage blade I'm afraid.

I used to like the nice clean smell of Latoya, but I'm rapidly going off her since I realised she has the same smell as the Linen (or is it Cotton?) air "fresheners" the cleaners have put in the toilets at work.

..........I used to like the nice clean smell of Latoya, but I'm rapidly going off her since I realised she has the same smell as the Linen (or is it Cotton?) air "fresheners" the cleaners have put in the toilets at work.

You're kidding!

I'm not talking about the lumps of arko in the urinal. I mean the spray can of "mask my smell" which of anything accentuates it.,

You'll have to start just hoping that commercial cleaning and disinfectant companies don't start using fancier scents like bergamot and sandalwood as you'll be growing a beard.

You'll have to start just hoping that commercial cleaning and disinfectant companies don't start using fancier scents like bergamot and sandalwood as you'll be growing a beard.

Too late - see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.