Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: 37c
Blade: SuperMax Stainless (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Aftershave: F/Extra

Thanks for the soap @alfredus - I love the performance and post-shave feel but I dislike the scent. I find this strange as I usually love the scent of pine.

Last edited:
220515_zpslxwjk5la.jpg

This looks like my kinda shave. Nice!!!!!
Developed a soft spot recently for orange scent since falling for Terre d'Hermes EdT. Want more and reckon this looks promising.Hmmm...did Myrsol come out with an orange?

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: Jabonman Brisa de Oriente
Razor: Gold Dollar
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Feather [3]
After-shave: Jabonman Brisa de Oriente milk

Razor: 37c
Blade: SuperMax Stainless (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Aftershave: F/Extra

Thanks for the soap @alfredus - I love the performance and post-shave feel but I dislike the scent. I find this strange as I usually love the scent of pine.
Absolutely agree - great performance but to waxy smell :(

Rod from Stirling promised today to overcome this and other inconsistencies by sticking to just (the best) producer for each ingredient...

I think if we get this (or any other of his sheep) soap in a couple of weeks, it will be great!

Brush: Plisson HMW 12
Razor: Gillette knack
Blade: Feather (2)
Cream: Baum be
A/S: old spice
Scuttle: G20

Still smiling[emoji5]️

I think everyone should try and get mensbiz to stock Baum be. I think you all would really love it. All round perfect shave. The Gillette knack is also a wonderful lazy mans weekend shaver. It's light weight make its not noticeable and just an extension of your hand. [emoji106]

Developed a soft spot recently for orange scent since falling for Terre d'Hermes EdT. Want more and reckon this looks promising.Hmmm...did Myrsol come out with an orange?

If you like orange I think your going to love what I have coming ... [emoji16]

Absolutely agree - great performance but to waxy smell :(

Rod from Stirling promised today to overcome this and other inconsistencies by sticking to just (the best) producer for each ingredient...

I think if we get this (or any other of his sheep) soap in a couple of weeks, it will be great!

Great soap thanks @alfredus for the sample but like @khun_diddy the scent was not to my liking. Strangley a bit medicinal?

Steve

............ The Gillette knack is also a wonderful lazy mans weekend shaver. It's light weight make its not noticeable and just an extension of your hand. [emoji106]..........

The knack has a plastic handle so therefore it will always be a a pariah. Even, like the Gillette Super Adjustable, if it looks like plastic it will be generally scoffed at. Traditional shavers are like Harley Davidson bikers. Gotta be all metal and shine, weigh a tonne and be left for dead at a stop light by a clapped out plastic 250. It's sad but true.

The knack has a plastic handle so therefore it will always be a a pariah. Even, like the Gillette Super Adjustable, if it looks like plastic it will be generally scoffed at. Traditional shavers are like Harley Davidson bikers. Gotta be all metal and shine, weigh a tonne and be left for dead at a stop light by a clapped out plastic 250. It's sad but true.

Mine came from Grandpa who sent it over from England for me. It's certainly a very agile shaver. In a hurry it's the one I always grab.

Mine came from Grandpa who sent it over from England for me. It's certainly a very agile shaver. In a hurry it's the one I always grab.

That's nice having a connection like that. Do you want to become a fellow SPUD club member? Lots of vacancies.

230515_zpsqe2vbukg.jpg

Pre Shave - Trumper West Indian LIme Skin Food
Soap - Maggard's Lime & Bergamot
Brush - Simpsom SB3 Super Badger
Razor - Razorock Stealth Slant
Blade - Polsilver <2>
After Shave - Razorock Extract of Limes

Continuing on the current citrus jag, a lime scented indulgence today :) The Simpson rapidly created a sumptuous lather from the Maggard's soap - easily enough for 5-6 passes! Note to self : be careful not to overload the Simpson's SB3 (y) The RRSS with Polsilver Super Iridium combo works like a charm - no fuss, no fanfare. Just a very comfortable, no-nonsense shave that leaves my face really smooth and completely free of nicks, weepers and razor burn (y)

A wonderful start to Saturday :D:D:D

I must have racked up some brownie points with the Citrus Growers Association over the last couple of shaves :whistle:

My courtship with the 1924 stunner continues. Again today's shave was finished with a minimum of effort in 1.75 passes for a very exceptional DFS/BBS.
Sadly my scuttle has been shelved until I either get a new one or capitulate to face lathering. Face lathering has won - I just need to acknowledge it.

Face lathered with my homebrew soap and an Omega 20102 generously passed to me by @alfredus.
Great brush and holds plenty of lather.

Basically 2 passes with a cold face shower between passes with a final cold water wash.

My GEM blade was the 4th shave today and still feels wonderful. Very smooth.

Tried Orange Cedar Black Label from @Barrister & Mann ?

Status
Not open for further replies.