Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

dYMvylLl.jpg

Tried the ATT razor from the box today. Talk about aggressive, this thing is in the same league as the Muhle R41, way too aggressive for me. Only used it for the first pass, the build quality though is excellent, right up with the Feather AS-D2. Very happy I was able to give it a try.

Interesting @Nightguard - I found it aggressive but not quite R41 - same result but a little safer ...

osNLiTll.jpg

It's been over a year since I last used an injector so I thought I'd give the one from the box a try. After figuring out the correct angle I managed a near perfect BBS, just a small rough patch on the neck. Despite that, I'm still not a fan of the Injector. It just felt awkward during the entire shave, both in the hand and on my face, in the hand it feels like a cartridge razor and on the face it felt like very mild DE.

You really are eliminating a lot of things from your purchase list @Nightguard !!!

Maybe THIS PCTB will be a reverse enabler?

QsU6Y8P.jpg

My first run with PCB3 took me back to my late teens. Drakkar Noir was my potion of choice so I just had to start my second PCB tour of duty with Shaver Heaven Dragon Noir. Whilst the scent is not as strong as I remembered Drakkar to be it does pay homage to that wonderful cologne. The outstanding feature of the soap however was the protection provided. My Merkur Slant does nip me from time to time but this soap tamed it into a kitten.

Finished off Thayers Peach :) and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. The scent of this cologne is still lingering after 12 hours.

qPiiyVi.jpg

Pens English Fern soap, Schick Injector, and Pens English Fern cologne.
At the risk of sounding like a complete ingrate, today's PCB3 shave was a complete dud. The lather from the Penhaligon's was dry and it fizzled out before I could do a full pass. I thought I had a good load but obviously not. My first experience with an injector was a fizzer too. Loading the razor with the blade was groovy but the shave felt like I was using a cartridge. Managed to nick my Adams Apple and my post shave face felt like like days of the Mach 3. I guess the light weight caused me to apply too much pressure.

I'm going to try the Schick again but with a better lather.

Sorry @Mark1966 :( Pens Tallow is the Holy Grail of tripled mill soaps but I was a complete amateur today.

As was mine. I managed to mangle the edge of the blade on loading, although I didn't realise at the time. Perhaps that's what happened with yours too?

The blade looks in good nick. I'm certain it was a combination of pressure, speed to get the job done before the lather withered away and the lack of slickness. A better lather will improve things for sure.

You learn from bad experiences as much as the good!

qPiiyVi.jpg

Pens English Fern soap, Schick Injector, and Pens English Fern cologne.
At the risk of sounding like a complete ingrate, today's PCB3 shave was a complete dud. The lather from the Penhaligon's was dry and it fizzled out before I could do a full pass. I thought I had a good load but obviously not. My first experience with an injector was a fizzer too. Loading the razor with the blade was groovy but the shave felt like I was using a cartridge. Managed to nick my Adams Apple and my post shave face felt like like days of the Mach 3. I guess the light weight caused me to apply too much pressure.

I'm going to try the Schick again but with a better lather.

Sorry @Mark1966 :( Pens Tallow is the Holy Grail of tripled mill soaps but I was a complete amateur today.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad shave - don't know anything about the soaps, but the injector can definitely give a fine shave without any pressure. I held it almost at the tip of the handle and the the curvature do the work ...
You learn from bad experiences as much as the good!
If not even more!