Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

I love the ATT - this is the most aggressive closed comb baseplate - you can get two others that are milder.
Ahem, it might be the most aggressive closed comb baseplate in the ATT range. Jeez mate as a man of laws I expected more from you. There are more aggressive closed combs out there.
e.g., the Mergress (and so I assume the Progress) for one. Might be down to the two piece design but you can open this baby right up to a setting of like ∞ on on Super Fatboy Slim. Also some may argue that the R41 (that's by a modern firm called "Muhle") is classed as a closed comb. It's rake design is certainly not open comb.

I stand corrected - the problem of posting on the run ...

Ahem, it might be the most aggressive closed comb baseplate in the ATT range. Jeez mate as a man of laws I expected more from you. There are more aggressive closed combs out there.
e.g., the Mergress (and so I assume the Progress) for one. Might be down to the two piece design but you can open this baby right up to a setting of like ∞ on on Super Fatboy Slim. Also some may argue that the R41 (that's by a modern firm called "Muhle") is classed as a closed comb. It's rake design is certainly not open comb.
Two can play this game :)
Most aggressive closed comb non adjustable baseplate ;)
Based upon that technicality, I believe any rational, reasonable and well adjusted member of our greater society would agree @Mark1966 has at least one itchy green leg to stand upon!

Two can play this game :)
Most aggressive closed comb non adjustable baseplate ;)
Based upon that technicality, I believe any rational, reasonable and well adjusted member of our greater society would agree @Mark1966 has at least one itchy green leg to stand upon!
R41?

received_101535156321845221.jpeg_zps3i4xjx8r.png~original

Hi Guys,
For todays shave I tried the Old School Shave Cream and the Floid Vigoroso.
When I first opened the cream it reminded me of metal polish, not a bad scent just different.
When applied to the face the only way I can describe the scent is old school. Nothing that I could nail on the head but it just bought me back in time.
It didn't take much to load the brush, the lather was rich and creamy and it left my face feeling good. As you can see there was plenty of lather left after my two pass shave.
The Floid Vigoroso has a pleasant smell, couldn't quite pick it but again it reminded me of yesteryear.
It has a nice soothing menthol kick and left my face feeling fresh. Only downside is that the scent didn't seem to linger long.

Mark, do I send it to the first person on the Melbourne list?
I will try and get it in the post by Friday, depending on work, if not definitely Monday.

Cheers

Great stuff mate - nice review @Lynchy-Snr !

See my PM about the next recipient. It will be somebody in MEL :)

Sounds like you enjoyed that shave @Lynchy-Snr
Thanks for your reviews - with photos too! [emoji106]

Box will be off to @Nightguard next as the first of the MEL crew.

Enjoy the rest of your time with it though @Lynchy-Snr and post your thoughts on the best and the worst of it, what you liked and didn't.

Thank you for your great reviews and pictures @Lynchy-Snr !!!

20150821_160835_night1_zpsh1hlekdj.jpg~original

Hi All,
Final shave with products from the box.

I used Mikes Barbershop soap, The ATT razor and the Schick Injector.

The soap lathered well, I only used a small amount in the bowl, it provided good glide and cushioning but lacked in the scent dept.
Its not unpleasant but it didn't remind me of an old barbershop.

Now to the ATT razor. After my first attempt with this razor I was reluctant to go back to it but boy am I glad I did.
I used a Vokshod blade and I think that I had possibly the best 1st pass shave I have ever had. I normally only do a two pass shave and honestly I could of stopped after the first and been happy. Amazing the result when you treat the tool with the respect it deserves. I don't know if I will ever own one but it is a quality piece of work.

I completed the 2nd pass with the Schick Injector, there wasn't much left for it to mow down, but it performed well.
I like the feel of the injector and think I will add one of these to my den, more in my price range compared to the ATT.

I finished off with the English Leather. It left my face feeling refreshed and the scent is pleasant to me. Even SWMBO commented that it was a nice scent.

Nightguard I will post the box to you in the morning, Pm me your name otherwise it will address it to Nightguard.

Cheers and thanks.

Great last post - hope you enjoyed the experience and look forward to @Nightguard's reviews next!

The box has been posted
The tracking no: 63302813801065
It will require a signature on delivery

Great and likewise looking forward to the reviews.

Enough stuff in there for you @Nightguard ?

Are we there yet ?

Great news!!!

oy2pWx5.jpg

First shave with the PCTB, great, easy lather from the vintage Yardleys. It lives up to its reputation and then some. Very slick and cushioning with great post shave feel. I can very easily see myself buying some of this. The sample is Trumpers Sandalwood cologne, goes on very nice but it develops into a very sickly sweet scent.