Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

And so the famous PCTB Enabling is well under way!
....yep and he's not even tried the Paco Rabbane yet.

When'd you get an AS-D2 @Nightguard ?....or is it in the box. Mighty generous of @Mark1966 if so.

....btw: so good seeing the AS-D2 and #620 together. It's a frequent sight on my basin of a morning.

....yep and he's not even tried the Paco Rabbane yet.

When'd you get an AS-D2 @Nightguard ?....or is it in the box. Mighty generous of @Mark1966 if so.

....btw: so good seeing the AS-D2 and #620 together. It's a frequent sight on my basin of a morning.
Ebay purchase a couple of weeks ago. Arrived yesterday, not sure if its going to be a keeper or not yet. The 620 the other hand is a great little brush, no where near as good as my badgers but still very nice. Especially now it's broken in.

yes, nice eBay purchase from @Nightguard on the Feather!

Glad you enjoyed the Yardley. PM me about getting some :)

BTW - if anybody with the box notices labels coming off or getting hard to read can you get a Sharpie and mark the container? I think I marked some buy not all.

Glad you enjoyed the Yardley. PM me about getting some :)
Hang on liquidating your stock, I believe I requested it and am yet to even try it!

Hang on liquidating your stock, I believe I requested it and am yet to even try it!

OK sure - I can smell a bidding war ...

Will you throw in a fougére?

If ...

The ...

PRICE ...

ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian_Turpie_On_Price_Is_Right.jpg

[Hmmm, might have wrong avatar ...]

Glad the box arrived safely.

Thank you for letting me sample its wares.
There is a lot there so if you can't find something you like than you are hard to please.

My highlight was probably the ATT razor, first shave it bit me badly, but second attempt all I can say is wow. A great piece of modern machinery.
The lowlight is that two weeks is not enough time to really time to sample everything, but I understand that it needs to keep moving, and it does whet your appetite.

The in between is that for two weeks I could smell and sniff a variety of soaps and aftershaves that I wouldn't normally have access to.

Thanks again, it's great to see so many Aussies enjoying this great hobby/addiction.

Cheers and enjoy.

XSQufwfl.jpg

Penahligon's English Fern soap and cologne from the box today, really disappointed with the lather from the EF soap, I ended up changing it for MWF after the first pass. Thin, frothy and dissipating lather is not at all what I expected. On the plus side though, the scent is pure heaven.

Did you use enough product/build it up long enough ?
@Mark1966 any feedback/suggestions ?

The English Fern soap is the vintage one and consists of soap I 'shaved' off the puck I have - maybe that has contributed to a difficulty in loading enough. I've found it much better from the full puck.

Sorry :(

k0Aq5lEl.jpg

Used the Men U cream and sample of Trumpers Spanish Leather from the box today. Was unimpressed with the Men U cream, it does build into a nice lather with a decent amount of menthol cooling but the post shave feels very sticky, like a using a cartridge with lubricating strip. The scent isn't anything special, just a basic mint smell. The Spanish Leather is a nice scent, smells more woody than leathery to me though.

Sounds like you've been able to try some items you wouldn't have want to bought. [emoji106] I hope you hit on some that you enjoy a lot.

Sounds like you've been able to try some items you wouldn't have want to bought. [emoji106] I hope you hit on some that you enjoy a lot.

Ditto BUT - at least you know what NOT to buy which can sometimes be very helpful!

R7YvwqQl.jpg

Used the Shaver Heaven 'Drogon Noir' from the box today. Being a SH soap I knew the lather would be great, the let down was the scent. It's not a bad scent, just not what I expected.
It's funny how we all interpret scents, I thought that Drogon Noir was subtle out of the jar but once bloomed and lathered I find it to be a very intoxicating scent that just seems to linger.
One of my favorite scents.
Cheers

It's funny how we all interpret scents, I thought that Drogon Noir was subtle out of the jar but once bloomed and lathered I find it to be a very intoxicating scent that just seems to linger.
One of my favorite scents.
Cheers
It certainly is very subtle until it's lathered, it's just too lemony for my taste. Like I said, not bad. Just not for me.

Didn't have time to take a photo yesterday, yesterdays SOTD,

Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Spoiler (2)
Soap: B&M Rosemary and Mint (From the box)
A/S: Wahl Bay Rum

Excellent lather from the B&M soap, loaded easily and very slick. The scent is mainly mint to my nose and similar to Shaver Heaven Peppermint.