November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how you'd use it without a brush??... It needs lathering up like any of their creams. Was that person using it in a shaving related way?

Buy a tube PJ you won't regret it. Or I'm happy to send you a sample if you like. Pm me

I'm not sure how you'd use it without a brush??... It needs lathering up like any of their creams. Was that person using it in a shaving related way?

It's the standard TOBS blurb for many of their creams. MB and Hut and other vendors just cut n paste it to the product descriptions.

I can only assume TOBs don't want to scare off the brushless. Pretty much any cream could be lathered with your hands if you had to.

Ah thanks for clearing that up Drubbs, never even saw it before. Brushless would make hard work of it you'd think

I can see where they're coming from. They want to sell product. If some cart user thinks they'd need a brush too, they're less likely to bother.

C&E
Col Conk :)
Am surprised you're unable to get a decent lather out of C&E.
I've no problems doing so, it's the scents that I'm not a big fan of.
I found a near dry brush and bowl lathering was what worked for me though.

I found that the C&E lather is weak and doesn't last. YMMV

I thought after your museum collection had been completed that the post office in Canberra stopped drawing lots to decide who doesn't get the Mark1996 round. It's been a complete barrage lately. You still own the monthly acquisitions thread.

By the way what's the problem with those shirts? Are they deaf and dumb or something?

Last edited:
........Buy a tube PJ you won't regret it.......

Damn it. I've just allowed myself to be enabled. I'm buying a tube of the stuff. Against all my stated principles. I'm piss weak. My excuse is that it's summer and cream is the way to go. I've got two favorites (Tabac, Irisch Moos) and a third (Body shop) I don't mind and that's about it. I can't be seen as a bare minimum not to have four that I like. I've got a tube of Proraso (the sandlewood one) I'm not too fond of. I think I swapped it with JugV2. He got a tube of Proraso menthol stuff. Great lather of course but the Proraso scents just don't do it for me. If anybody wants a nearly full tube of it, throw me a PM (just postage). This way I can still claim not to be accumulating stuff.

Damn it. I've just allowed myself to be enabled. I'm buying a tube of the stuff. Against all my stated principles. I'm piss weak. My excuse is that it's summer and cream is the way to go. I've got two favorites (Tabac, Irisch Moos) and a third (Body shop) I don't mind and that's about it. I can't be seen as a bare minimum not to have four that I like. I've got a tube of Proraso (the sandlewood one) I'm not too fond of. I think I swapped it with JugV2. He got a tube of Proraso menthol stuff. Great lather of course but the Proraso scents just don't do it for me. If anybody wants a nearly full tube of it, throw me a PM (just postage). This way I can still claim not to be accumulating stuff.
A free tube of nearly full Proraso Red (Sandalwood)?! Nice going PJ. Lots of fellas here who enjoy that one. Too bad it ain't me! But boy, this is an offer not to turn down...

Yeah, Drubbing must have a Proraso detect alert because I had barely typed that one and he was ramming down my front door with a large tree trunk. It's basically gone folks!

Correction, Drubbing doesn't need it. It doesn't fit with his Proraso colour scheme. He needs the complimentary one, a red tube. I'll post it in the giveaway thread so all can have a go at it.

It's got a great rep for a reason, come to think of it I've never read a bad review on it. If you like I can post you a sample bottle of the aftershave to go with it

Just bought some QC creams - Vostok, which I've had a sampler of before and loved the menthol chill, Iced Key Lime and Cayman, both of which I've not tried before but guess will soon see how they go :)
A small celebratory gift after scoring a new job after being made redundant at the start of October.

Trade was the flavour of the day.
Vitos, Speick and Polsilvers for a tub of Proraso Red & RazoRock Don Marco from @filobiblic
Vintage blade trading for a Royal Blade sampler from @Monsta_AU

Status
Not open for further replies.