November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, when did I buy these?

Must have been on a forum somewhere before I went overseas.

So now how much soap do I have ....

Purchases by mark.spencer66, on Flickr

Bit jealous of that Vetiver Panna Crema!

Let me try it and see what I think - then make me an offer I can't refuse :)

Bit jealous of that Vetiver Panna Crema!

Will that be another soapy marzipan? The more soaps I try the more I come to realise that they're all pretty damn good and all I'm looking for is a nice scent. And how many nice scents do I really need? When I used to run out of canned goo I'd shave with any old bar of hand soap I could lay my hands on. Didn't even have a brush then. That worked well too.

Agreed PJ. You're hard pressed to find a soap that doesn't lather pretty well - so it's dollars for scents

Last edited by a moderator:
Will that be another soapy marzipan? The more soaps I try the more I come to realise that they're all pretty damn good and all I'm looking for is a nice scent.

Maybe slightly soapy, but I'd think less marzipan/almond and more of an earthy, slightly woody type of scent. Vetiver is quite hard to describe, sometimes it has some grassy or smoky notes too. I've only ever smelled it in fragrances though, so I have no idea how it'll turn out in a shaving soap.

I forgot about conk. True. Even the Turk lathers at least

Maybe slightly soapy, but I'd think less marzipan/almond and more of an earthy, slightly woody type of scent. Vetiver is quite hard to describe, sometimes it has some grassy or smoky notes too. I've only ever smelled it in fragrances though, so I have no idea how it'll turn out in a shaving soap.
Here's a great article on scents in shaving soaps/creams. It's written by none other than @Barrister&Mann. [emoji6] I've found it very helpful.

Gee, when did I buy these?

Must have been on a forum somewhere before I went overseas.

So now how much soap do I have ....

Purchases by mark.spencer66, on Flickr
The Stirling Witch-Hazel & Aloe balm is great. It's a great size for being "just" a sample. [emoji4]

If you want offers on your soaps, I'd be up for a Mike's Natural soap. [emoji13] It's all I ever hear you guys rave about.

What?

Where did these come from?

What? by mark.spencer66, on Flickr

Not sure how THEY got into my bag home ...

Ordered some Jermyn St cream from Shaverhut. I wear J St shirts, so seems only right to try it.

Used the Hut because they had some bits I needed for my Wahl clippers.

Ordered some Jermyn St cream from Shaverhut. I wear J St shirts, so seems only right to try it.

Used the Hut because they had some bits I needed for my Wahl clippers.
I like the Shaverhut. Actually, having just ordered from Mensbiz in the past few days, I'd say I prefer the Shaverhut - Chris offers a better level of customer service in my experience.

I'm tempted by all the drooling fan boyism surrounding Jermyn Street to boycot my self imposed embargo on buying stuff and buy a tube of cream. But then I read that it can be used with or without a brush and that worries me a bit. Are there brushless versions of this or am I worried about nothing.

I can order one day and get my stuff the next in Perth, with MB. With discount and freebies. The Hut aren't going to beat that.

I've had zero quibbles on issues over the years with them too. If I've had a problem, they've just fixed it.

I'm tempted by all the drooling fan boyism surrounding Jermyn Street to boycot my self imposed embargo on buying stuff and buy a tube of cream. But then I read that it can be used with or without a brush and that worries me a bit. Are there brushless versions of this or am I worried about nothing.

Drooling fanboyism? I think you're mistaking this for an arko thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.