The Fat becomes vegan

I think I’m sitting at about 20 Tabac. 5 MWF, 13 Kent, 6 Speick and 7 Salter. I’m going to use up the soaps I have and then use the above exclusively along with MDC.

I think I’m sitting at about 20 Tabac. 5 MWF, 13 Kent, 6 Speick and 7 Salter. I’m going to use up the soaps I have and then use the above exclusively along with MDC.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Nope, try it and find out

Thanks for the kind offer @SpeedyPC but I may as well work my way through my own mini soap mountain before giving the new MWF a try. The old MWF was my favourite soap but there are still plenty of options that are close enough that I won't lose much sleep if the new one isn't as good. Meanwhile, I'll let others review the new stuff... it will be some years before I need any new soap.

Although, to prevent being caught short again on an old tallow favourite, this reminds me that I really need to get organised and order at least a couple of boxes of ARKO while they still make it. While I understand the toilet freshener joke out of the box, I find that much like Cella, the scent becomes much less offensive and indeed quite reasonable once it has been allowed to air out for (quite) awhile. It's also much less drying or irritating after that IMO, which were the only real criticisms I ever had of it.

Anyway, while Dove still make their hand soap, I'll be happy. While it has almost none of the characteristics one would think would make a good shaving soap, I can't argue that the results and post shave feel are second to none on my face...

Thanks for the kind offer @SpeedyPC but I may as well work my way through my own mini soap mountain before giving the new MWF a try. The old MWF was my favourite soap but there are still plenty of options that are close enough that I won't lose much sleep if the new one isn't as good. Meanwhile, I'll let others review the new stuff... it will be some years before I need any new soap.

Although, to prevent being caught short again on an old tallow favourite, this reminds me that I really need to get organised and order at least a couple of boxes of ARKO while they still make it. While I understand the toilet freshener joke out of the box, I find that much like Cella, the scent becomes much less offensive and indeed quite reasonable once it has been allowed to air out for (quite) awhile. It's also much less drying or irritating after that IMO, which were the only real criticisms I ever had of it.

Anyway, while Dove still make their hand soap, I'll be happy. While it has almost none of the characteristics one would think would make a good shaving soap, I can't argue that the results and post shave feel are second to none on my face...
Speaking of Arko, there’s another Turkish soap on the market, not sure if this is genuine though FYI, or maybe just a rebrand of another type

Last edited:
Speaking of Arko, there’s another Turkish soap on the market, not sure if this is genuine though FYI, or maybe just a rebrand of another type

It’s real. But opinions say not as good as ARKO.