The Fat becomes vegan

Heads up,it appears both vshod and b&b are now selling the new and improved formula
I just heard from Samson that it was tallow. That being said I don't think he was aware that they had reformulated. I did query this but didn't hear back from him.

Oz barber still has some tallow in stock

While OzBarber are not listing the ingredients, Mensbiz are listing their MWF with -

Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Lanolin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Sulphate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

Beard and Blade are listing with Sodium Palmate and VSHOD very clearly say 'New Formula' - nice work from them both.

EDIT: Ozbarber confirmed directly that they have the tallow based soap.

Last edited:
I confirmed with ozbarber today.
Though by now they probably have very few

IDAD about the tallow because it will still have too much lanolin for me which is a shame because its a beautiful slick lather, not such a good post shave feel for those of us sensitive to lanolin though
I'm just a sensitive guy what can I say

I confirmed with ozbarber today.
Though by now they probably have very few

Thanks, they got back to me too and have confirmed. Post edited.

LOL - head to the Ozbarber site and watch the 'some in XYZ brought ABC' pop ups

They must be selling a LOT of MWF at the moment ...

They must be selling a LOT of MWF at the moment ...
lest I heard they had under 20 and I bought 6, they asked what the deal was with MWF and why it’s flying off the shelf, so I told them about how we are weird, but also the free post and 10% discount didn’t hurt

I picked up 5 and one in the ceramic dish earlier this morning. I was meant to reply here and inform everyone then. I emailed them in the wee hours of the morning and got the reply first thing when I woke up.

I wasn't intending on making any purchases but had to considering I always intended to buy more of this soap but had so much going on and wanted to be careful with my money. I also vaguely remember it to be out of stock in many places a few months or more ago.
I always enjoy soaps that aren't overly scented because I can use them at whatever time without disturbing people or risk it being offensive.
I have read that some people say the new one is fine but I am not convinced. There always seems to be a sacrifice of residual slickness or slickness longevity if you will. Whenever soaps go vegan from tallow they always seem to be of a lesser quality whilst oddly enough the ones that start out as vegan seem to fair much better.

Btw OzBarber are sold out of the refill pucks now. :/

Btw OzBarber are sold out of the refill pucks now. :/
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Hahahaha, I know right!!
Kinda wish I bought more now. I am going to give my father the dish (I still have a very old one for myself that I haven't used yet) and a spare puck.

I should have went with 6 refill pucks and that way I could split the refill pucks at three each. Oh well. I'm sure they will last a long time and if all else fails I have like 11 or so pucks of tallow Tabac and two jars also but I plan to buy more D.R. Harris next year if I can. I have always wanted too but its one of those things you put at the back of your mind. A lot of these things have been coming to mind now that I am in a tough financial situation which sucks but it is what it is.