The Fat becomes vegan

I just had a look at the new puck I've received and it's the vegan formula. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the original. It's just a shame that they are still claiming it's the original 1893 formula on the box. To be honest, that's quite deceiving.
Perhaps they are talking about the formulation of the box.

Ordered 12 pucks!!

Should get me through a couple of decades since I mostly use my own shave soap these days.

Too bloody late for me mine was already on its way, so I’ll double check when I received my package.
SpeedyPC and MWF lovers, I sent an e-mail after hearing this news re the "wool fat" and just got a (very prompt) reply from Mitchell's;

Hi Les
Thanks for the note and interest.
The base of the soap is changing, but not the wool fat (lanolin) content, this is exactly the same as always.
The quality and feel of the product is paramount and we're happy that you'll see consistent performance.
Thanks
Will
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap Ltd |Wibsey | Bradford | West Yorkshire | BD6 1QH
T: 01274-693063 | info@mitchellswoolfatsoap.co.uk | www.mitchellswoolfatsoap.co.uk

SpeedyPC and MWF lovers, I sent an e-mail after hearing this news re the "wool fat" and just got a (very prompt) reply from Mitchell's;

Hi Les
Thanks for the note and interest.
The base of the soap is changing, but not the wool fat (lanolin) content, this is exactly the same as always.
The quality and feel of the product is paramount and we're happy that you'll see consistent performance.
Thanks
Will
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap Ltd |Wibsey | Bradford | West Yorkshire | BD6 1QH
T: 01274-693063 | info@mitchellswoolfatsoap.co.uk | www.mitchellswoolfatsoap.co.uk
Will see as YMMV because every wet shaver has a different option about the old formula vs the new formula.

Because palm oil or too much palm oil will dry out my skin quicker and cause irritation, sorry its not the same some ingredients can cause more irritation than others, depending on the type of skin condition you have.

Has anyone actually tried the new formula yet?

Has anyone actually tried the new formula yet?
Not yet have to wait until my package arrives, IF, I’ve got all tallow and if not, I’m going to shit myself and tryout the new shitty palm oil/lanolin formula.

IF this new formula gives me irritation then you can have it Poobah

Not yet have to wait until my package arrives, IF, I’ve got all tallow and if not, I’m going to shit myself and tryout the new shitty palm oil/lanolin formula.

IF this new formula gives me irritation then you can have it Poobah
I’ve still got some Mitchell’s kicking around, maybe a puck or two.
It’s a great soap but now with so many options in the market that fill the same gap AND it’s still TBD if the change actually makes a functional difference it may not be a big deal.
I always assumed the famous post shave feel was due to the lanolin personally.

I’ve still got some Mitchell’s kicking around, maybe a puck or two.
It’s a great soap but now with so many options in the market that fill the same gap AND it’s still TBD if the change actually makes a functional difference it may not be a big deal.
I always assumed the famous post shave feel was due to the lanolin personally.
MWF has the most concentrate lanolin or more lanolin than any other soap on the market, but, with tallow/lanolin gives a superior post shave feel. Palm oil/lanolin, depending on how much more lanolin in the new formula, I have no idea how the post shave feels.

It’s all depends on the percentage of palm oil and lanolin all comes together, too much palm oil and not enough lanolin all together will not give a good or great post shave feels.

With modern soapmaking techniques, there's no reason why a quality soap cannot be made out of any fat, whether it be vegetable or animal. Especially when combined with the moisturising and protective properties of lanolin. Side note: although lanolin has been historically referred to as wool fat, in reality it's not a fat, it's a form of wax. Instead of having a backbone of glyceride esters, it's formed around sterol esters. From a chemistry point of view, IMO lanolin is way more interesting than a fat.