Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right, that caught me too..I was drenched in the stuff!

LOL - glad I’m not the only one!

Was more of an after shower than after shave. I think I had enough to cover most of my upper body.

IMG_0003.jpg

Brush: Davinci :(
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Muhle
Soap: APR Fresca :)

Hope you've all had a pleasant Christmas ;) A BBS Boxing Day shave with what is thus far my favourite soap. I swear I'm still smelling the scent as I type this post. Beautiful stuff :) A lovely 3 pass shave, let down in part by the poor blade choice as I felt the blade partially tug which each stroke :( Not as aggressive as I was fearing it would be but I'm certain it had a lot to do with the soap which lathered up great. Can't wait to see what @todras comes up with in the new year. Happy shaves!

UREWxK9l.jpg

Brush: No name Synthetic
Razor: No name Closed Comb Three Piece
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Proraso White
A/S: Proraso White Balm
Cologne: Proraso Azur Lime

Except the vintage blade every item used today was a Christmas present. The brush and razor were include with Penfolds Port pack from my boss and the Proraso software was all from my wife. The brush is surprisingly good, feels like Muhle/EJ knot and is perfectly useable. The Proraso was, as expected, excellent.

Today's shave with new software

Pre: nothing
razor: Mergardd 42c
blade: feather
brush: yaqi 'sagrada familia'
soap: Grooming dept "After the fire"
splash: B&M Seville

aSten7N.jpg

It took ages to build up the lather. It may be me, but I have read that this soaps does not build hips of lather, but a more creamy, dense one, and that has been my experience with the first lather attempt. Good but it took too much time for me. I was a bit conservative while adding water, so this could also make the process longer. It smells quite close to the name. Actually it is the smell like "after the fire", but wetted (an open fire after being extinguished after the fire-brigade or some rain)
The splash is nice too. Seville is an iconic product of B&M and I would eventually go though it (It is the top sell product of B&M, which is, probably, also the top sold artisan brand globally), so as it was available as a splash at TSW, I got it rather than the soap. I was expecting, I don't know, something stronger? xD I reckon it will become good friend of Squadron soap "The Warden".

IMG_20171227_125319-01.jpg

Latha Sandalwood is the only B&M soap I still have. Underated and way more friendly a scent than the usual walrus fart fare.

My new 1930s military English New is a wonderful razor. I am very pleased. This classic head really sings when married to a heavy modern handle. This head is the sweet spot for me when I don't feel like the big aggression of the General and risking weepers.

It took ages to build up the lather. It may be me, but I have read that this soaps does not build hips of lather, but a more creamy, dense one, and that has been my experience with the first lather attempt. Good but it took too much time for me. I was a bit conservative while adding water, so this could also make the process longer. I

It takes a lot of water, once you get the hydration dialed in it's a great soap :)

It takes a lot of water, once you get the hydration dialed in it's a great soap :)

I took your world and because I am lathering a bit the new board brush (and leaving on water for several hours), I lather the soap again with it, in a better way, as if I hate it, and with loads of water, and it is much easier, and yes, it needs a lot of water until you break down the lather :)

Hopefully the edt will have staying power. Looking forward to it in fhe new year.
Sorry, when I referred to power, I meant to open the bottle and got an evolving scent very strong from scratch, not thinking on the persistence. It will persists according with the amount deployed, I reckon. I was around the soap for too long thinking about getting it or a sample, but after the splashes show up at TSW I knew that was my chance. It was according to the description, a nice scent, and splashes is something I use a lot os splash, so that was my way. I really like it. It is very nice, now I understand why is arguably the most successful B&M product. It is really easy, and I don;t mean simple or anything like that. I mean that is something that very few people could say "I hate it", it is not polarising at all, not either bold to or agressive in some notes.... whether anyone may like it more or less. I still smell it on my hands more than 4 hours after last splash :)
The EdT could be an interesting thing, let's see how much the cost when it got available in Oz.
cheers
Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.