Status
Not open for further replies.
38462396985_32a97929aa_z.jpg

Are we Star Wars fans? Could be.:)
Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lightsabre: Gillette Slim (7&9)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver(2)
First run with The Blue Tansy. Pretty happy with performance. What's it like? Performance - think P&B Baskerville. I made this a softer soap looking for the creamier, less foamy lather which it does nicely. I bowl lathered and the soap has a nice sheen to it when spread across the bottom of the bowl pre lathering. As per yesterday's test lather it takes a little work to lather but I think the results are worth it.
Scent was fresh and pleasant but having had little cure time the spearmint is coming to the fore. I did reduce the spearmint from the original scent test mix so hopefully it will even out with more time.

Last edited:
Date: 28 December 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm bulb knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 7x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Schöne Italian Open Comb
Blade: - Treet Platinum #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (3)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving cream
Aftershave: Aqua di Palma Colonia aftershave
Cologne: Aqua di Palma Colonia Eau de Cologne

Good to be home

25489856468_e387cd6743_h.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Brush: Zenith Boar
Long Staff Lightsaber: Tanifuji
AS: The Warden
I think we're going to see The Last Jedi tonight. Lounge room floor has been covered in lego. A few ships/fighters have come off the production line so there's a couple of SOTD shots left before the Star Wars theme gets a rest.

Last edited:
Not only is Lixiviant my favourite APR, it’s my favourite artisan shaving scent, ever. There are some that push it close but gun to my head, house on fire and you can only grab one set...

I really appreciate hearing that @UKSteve, especially from someone who has such a top tier collection of fragrances in his stable :)

It would be 'polite' to say that it was polarizing, but using the word affords novice opinion more weight than it deserves. I suspect some people found it too challenging and unfamiliar particularly the opening as it's a fragrance about the exact opposite - the dry-down so out of reflex they reached for pejorative terms to describe what they experienced...it's easier that way.They may have simply not have liked it, I'm good with that too.

As I mentioned to @TomG when we were working on the formulation (it's a dedication fragrance for his Chemistry experience and assistance), Lixiviant was about really pushing the envelope with some very good materials to create something new, intricate and memorable using a severe and discrete, complex contrast of materials . The original iteration was much cleaner and less resinous, but I felt it was too safe and pedestrian so I made it much more ribald and dirty.

I'm glad you enjoy lixiviant, it is one of my all time favourite fragrances and easily my most complex fragrance to date, I will get some samples of Ozymandias and Fenchurch across to you in the new year as I'm betting you might like them.

Brush: Omega
Razor: RR Baby Smooth
Blade: QShave
Soap: PAA CAD

First shave with this soap + razor and very pleased with both:) The soap lathered up nice with minimum effort and smells pleasant. I am really impressed with the razor and can see it quickly become my go to daily razor. Very mild with little blade feel which is great. Not as efficient as ay the Mamba but I enjoyed the fact I could buffer over spots I missed with little fear of getting a nick. My first aluminium so no issues with the weight, with the only down side being the blade over hang. Wish it was more like the Mamba :( Happy shaves!

So for today, my second trial of the boar brush, now I used the bulk package of my Xmas self gift. I also used the brush yesterday with APR Fresca, for the first real use with a well known product on my face to be sure that any issue would be tied to the brush xD

Pre: I just pass the brush as some king of face lathering with a bit of soap. Well. Who says board needs broke-in? no much backbone and quite soft, after barely 2 days on water and some lathering for helping
hardware: mergardd 42c with the feather
brush: semogue 2000
soap: grooming dept. After the fire
splash: B&M Seville
EdP: APR SAS (used far after the shave to see a bit more on the Seville duration)

0md1RqW.jpg

I enjoyed the brush (and now being tempted to get moar :) ). I got more from the soap by being more bold with the water, as @todras reccomended. It made a great job even considering that the blade should have been replaced. the scent of this soap is not a first sight love, like others i have, but it is nice (I bought it because of the duck fat, the scent was secondary here). The splash made its job, but I miss something when sniffing, and does not last long. That can actually be the perfect choice if soon after the shave one wants to use some other parfum, colony, as it would not interfere much.
I knew already APR suitably attired summer from the splash so no surprises here. I missed it too much on Xmas eve. I just want to ask to my fellow native Ozzies what does mean "swagger", which is mentioned on the description of APR SAS. It is really different on the expression of the scent at nose from Suitably attired australian, so I asume this is because of the "swagger", whatever it means :)

:ROFLMAO:

I checked that. I was looking for a kind of plant/scent, maybe thinking on an Oz name of other stuff, . So now I know what it was, but still not know the main difference between the SAA and SAS. I shall study better the list of fragrance notes. If It was that @todras went bold, and I really thank that, if it was the meaning. From the suitably attired, both, australian, and summer, for me are quite different, and ther is some "odour" different. and I tough it was this swagger, that now It looks is nothing ont the secent, well, on the scent, yes, but not a scent!
cheers and thanks you
fer

IMG_20171229_153741-01.jpg

Oh, wow. If you like Roam and miss it as one of the few non walrus fart scents from B&M... this has the DNA but is a little sweeter. Wow. Will probably divide people but I love it. Aftershave is less stingy than PAA ones. Good face feel. Got a few weepers with the General after getting myself out of practice with milder razors but the alum worked a treat. BBS in three passes. Mmmm.

rZoYNX8.jpg

Merkur Progress / Rapira SS Chrome
Vie-Long 04612
Nivea Originals Shaving Cream
Nivea Originals AS Splash
A splendid shave using the humble Nivea shaving cream. No exotic scents here, but what you will get is very good performance. Lather shot here. This tube was purchased from an Athens supermarket (hence the Greek writing on the tube). The Vie-Long brush has now been used 31 times. It's definitely not a face latherer for me, due to the slight prickle, however it whips-up a great lather very efficiently in a bowl. There was a little bit of stink during the first use (as warned by @Ferret619 ). The stink was 80% gone after the first use and could no longer detect any stink after about 3 uses. I think it's nice to have at least one horsey in your Den, just to change it up a little and they perform great.

Season's Greetings & wishing you all many magnificent shaves for the New Year !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.