Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that sarcasm, are we including keyboards now in the SOTDs? :coffee:

Lovely quilting work and admire that your partner can produce beautiful things, great to see more.
Have enjoyed @alfredus photos too as it adds another layer of creativity to our SOTDs.
Would love my partner to bring her finished work items home and place them as a backdrop for my SOTDs. However when she finishes a breast augmentation the patient usually wants to go to their own home. :happy:
Usually?

IMG_20171223_155125-01.jpg

First Xmas dinner event and I smell delicious. This is the best PAA scent I have still and if you haven't tried the stinging aftershave cologne I can highly recommend.

The 40s Tech head on the Windrose SS handle was a nice twist as I prefer heavy handles. Got to BBS today as not much growth from yesterday and I had much more time. I'm noticing the slightly more aggressive nature of this Tech over the later ones I've owned and I must say I prefer it. I still think the 30s New and New Improved heads are better for me.

IMG_0001.jpg

Brush: Proraso
Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Astra
Soap: Grooming Dept. Neroli di Bois sample

Seasons greetings all. A lovely shave with my trusty Parker Variant. Really enjoyed the natural scents from this sample soap and will certainly be try a few more Grooming Dept. offerings in the new year. With that I wish you all a Merry Christmas and enjoyable long weekend :) Here's hoping Santa bring's you all nice new grooming gifts and happy shaves! ;)

^Nice
Brush: vie long horse
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: Astra (0)
Soap: T&H
EDT: Bowling green

Just musing on my earlier thoughts about matching this soap with that EDT. Also was inspired about using my slim again from a post above my last one. I used the astra because from memory that's what I used to like in it.
Smooth combo, could barely even feel the blade until I got to the difficult ATG neck passes and touch ups - my beard is wiry and thick, and grows in weird directions on my neck. It caught a bit because this isn't the sharpest blade or most aggressive razor. But smooth combo for a DFS if not trying for BBS on the neck.
gX5T1Fe.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword 'Premium Chromium' (3)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano
Cologne: Miller Harris feuilles de tabac EDP

You gotta bring some game if you are wanting to play in this thread at the moment!

Some lovely shaves (and photos) above (y)
You had me at NEW :D
I wish I had a photogenic one

Several days and many xmas parties since my last shave ~ and what a fantastic shave it was... first shave of the holidays!

I'm glad I got one before they sold out @SchoolForAnts.... do you have plans for another batch Andy? Keep some for me as I'll be on sabbatical for the next 372 days :(

WP_20171223_12_34_06_Pro.jpg

Pre: Warm water straight from the cold tap
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Red Lead
Brush: Maseto

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword 'Premium Chromium' (4)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano
Cologne: Miller Harris feuilles de tabac EDP

24386081667_f21c1b1138_c.jpg

Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Sophie (Fatboy 5 & 7)
Blade: Feather (4)
AS: Australians All
Not quite BBS but pretty good. Peppermint was very refreshing. Very glad I rescued Sophie, this Fatboy is one of my favourite razors.
Thanks to @Mark1966 for recommending the Fatboy and Slim. Before joining P&C I was not interested in vintage DEs at all but I'm very glad I own a few now. Also thanks to P&C for getting me interested (interpret - obsessed) with all things shaving including soap making. We pat ourselves on the back occasionally about our community and most of the time deservedly so. I have certainly benefited from your generosity with time, advice, PIFs and good deals on BST.
The reason I'm blahing is yesterday I made up a batch of balm for my son who is suffering from steroidal withdrawal (over prescription - don't get me started) and it's hell in his own skin. I was able to adapt an online recipe and make up a cream with Tamanu, Jojoba, Shea Butter, Cocoa butter, glycerine, zinc oxide (this cream whilst moisturising is designed to relieve itch) and a dozen other things. I ended up with a batch of luxurious creamy product that felt superb to apply. Today I'm remaking a Tamanu, Copaiba, B3 (Nicotinamide) oil recipe I made, into a cream or balm as the oil and B3 won't stay in suspension. These aren't cures, just helps. I realised that prior to joining P&C I wouldn't have had the remotest idea of where to start with this stuff. So thanks P&C. Merry Christmas and happy new (shaving) year.

Feather AC DX non-folding
Feather AC Pro blade (8)
Shaver Heaven "Juicy Froot" Tallow v3
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Re-lather and rinse

A nice DFS+ today. At this point, the blade gives the impression that one can be careless. So I gave that a go on one pass and got a couple of weepers... which was a good reality check!

Status
Not open for further replies.