The finished products sticky

I think loads of us have *almost* finished lots of things. It doesn't count until the tub(e) is empty!

CORRECT!

We have to have (some) standards around here :)

Pics or it didn't happen.

It makes you wonder how many soaps people have stockpiled when the SOTD thread for 2015 alone is up to 3800 odd posts, and this one has 180, and I'm guessing that way less than 1/2 of the posts here are finished items!

Last edited:
Wow, when you say you get excited about finishing a bowl, you mean really excited. Hmmmm...

I don't understand - but I suspect I don't WANT to understand ...

l6oI9Dd.jpg

The dapper dragon soap if it wasn't abundantly clear

Last edited:
I think loads of us have *almost* finished lots of things. It doesn't count until the tub(e) is empty!

Wow, when you say you get excited about finishing a bowl, you mean really excited. Hmmmm...

I almost finished once, yet the talk of white picket fences saw a premature interruption to that!

Finally managed to finish something:
20150905_StirlingLavenderSageFINS_zpsue9px7j1.jpg

It was only a sample though :(
But it lasted 20! shaves!

And then I checked on the Stirling website and it seems to be out of production :cry::cry::cry:

But it was definitely worth it :D
20150905_Epsilon2BandStirlingLavenderSageS_zpshuccdr6a.jpg

Finished a container of Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn St.
Love the scent profile, actual performance though is lacking.

With a heavy heart, I bid farewell to a tried and proven performer in my collection.
It is time for me to admit that Mikes Peppermint and Rosemary is no longer in my collection.

I would buy this again and probably will console myself with lime for the time being,

Hurry - the bar is in stock at the moment!

In time I will mate :)
Am using some of my supplies, so they don't just sit around.

Finally finished my last [sob?] bowl of TOBS cream - Shaver Shop.

I remember not long after starting that the TOBS creams were a mainstay in my drawer. They are a very decent performing cream but do feel very industrial nowadays. Being around here too long my tastes seem to have changed and artisan rules.

I still have Proraso, Cella, P.160 and some T&H 1805 and think that EVERY shaver should have at least the first two. They are like having Vegemite in the cupboard really. You might only have it on toast when sick nowadays but it MUST be there!

Being a lazy soul I'm asking for help on what to replace the TOBS with here - go and cast your vote!

Finally finished my last [sob?] bowl of TOBS cream - Shaver Shop.

I remember not long after starting that the TOBS creams were a mainstay in my drawer. They are a very decent performing cream but do feel very industrial nowadays. Being around here too long my tastes seem to have changed and artisan rules.

Industrial? That sounds like the kind of description an artisan would use. And what defines an artisan soap anyhow? I'm sure Mike's was considered an artisan soap but now every man and his dog seems to have one in their stash. So Mike has to have gone from a backyard, special order only set up to a semi-industrial production line. I'm sure Mike would have rivalled or maybe even out sold MWF over the last couple of years or so.

Guess what! I just got myself a puck of MWF. To all you newbies out there, MWF (Mitchells Wool Fat) is a old, established artisan soap maker in the UK. They run their operations from a tiny factory in the Yorkshire Dales (sounds romantic don't you think?) and use the renewable resource of the greasy products washed from sheep wool so there's no reliance on animals getting killed in the process (why have "Wool Fat" in your name if it isn't true?).

......Being a lazy soul I'm asking for help on what to replace the TOBS with here - go and cast your vote!

If it wasn't for the fact that you'd actually have to go out and buy one, which is not what this thread is all about, I'd suggest replacing it with a bowl of TOBS Shaver Shop cream. Judging by the sadness with which you announced your tubs demise you have feelings for the product.

Last edited:
This year I finished two tubs of soap. No idea what they were and I don't care. I didn't take any pictures either, so suck it.
I'm now using Proraso Original Menthol soap.

You joining us on the balcony as miserable muppet old fart no 5?
Hey PJ. Obviously I've been out of the loop for a while; what's "the balcony"?
Has this place really fallen to the depths of B&B? I've even seen the G word used without irony.