Supply Provisions Single Edge Pass Around with PIF

Repeat after me 10 times "It is not a DE!!" Now place your thumb and forefinger either side of the handle as close to the head/neck of the razor and allow the tip of the handle to rest on the ball of your little finger. It is a heavy razor - agreed, too heavy but it is not one of those vicious pretentious DE things. Did I just say that out loud?? :) Oh and keep an eye on the "screw".

Agreed mate BUT ...

I have a stack of DEs and blades - they will be in the rotation for me and are the natural comparator.

[Notice I did not compare it to a cart or a straight?]

The supply provision razor doesn't compare to any of the Injectors I have and a series of holes drilled through the handle would help with the balance. I jest about DE's only because after 40 odd [very odd] years of wet shaving I personally still cannot really get a shave from one I'm happy with. That is me not the razor type. The angle - the pressure none of it works for me so I have shaved for a long time with injectors and GEM SE's. If I'm honest I can get a good shave with a DE but I'm personally never satisfied.

I keep thinking about trying a DE shave again but every shave is such a precious experience I wouldn't want to waste one :)

The supply provision razor doesn't compare to any of the Injectors I have and a series of holes drilled through the handle would help with the balance. I jest about DE's only because after 40 odd [very odd] years of wet shaving I personally still cannot really get a shave from one I'm happy with. That is me not the razor type. The angle - the pressure none of it works for me so I have shaved for a long time with injectors and GEM SE's. If I'm honest I can get a good shave with a DE but I'm personally never satisfied.

I keep thinking about trying a DE shave again but every shave is such a precious experience I wouldn't want to waste one :)

I jest about the Supply Provisions injector only because after 40 odd [very odd] years of wet shaving I personally still cannot really get a shave from it I'm happy with. That is me not the razor type. The angle - the pressure none of it works for me so I have shaved for a long time with DE's with the occassional SE. If I'm honest I can get a good shave with the Supply Provisions injector but I'm personally never satisfied.

I keep thinking about trying a Supply Provisions injector shave again but every shave is such a precious experience I wouldn't want to waste one.

:)

I think we are actually saying much the same thing - from different starting points though!

14330168_10205598367796998_1589452813380732973_n.jpg

Well shave #1 with the Supply Provisions razor. I have committed to shaving everyday this week with it and then packing her off to @Sxot .

In preparation I have read nothing, and I mean NOTHING about this razor. I wanted to approach this completely fresh. I've not read a single review on the web or on here. Again not being rude but wanting to be entirely objective.

While I'm in the honesty zone. Let's make some things abundantly clear from the get go. This razor has its work cut out for it. Why?
Well although I've not read a review or single impression of it I cannot escape it's being:
a) not a straight,
b) American, and
c) popular
So I unpacked the razor with a raised eyebrow. Unfair I know.

Then the feel of the razor in the hand. A really weird balance...kind of head heavy but also biased to the backside. Hmmm....can't see how this would bode well on the face. Anywho.

So @Mark1966 passed it on loaded with the three dots - which I assumed is the most aggressive configuration. Since I'm committed to using this for 5 days come hell or irritable rash I thought I'd go middle of the road and adjust as we get through the week.

Loading is pretty intuitive, especially if you've ever used an injector before. Must say that the tolerances were excellent and so loading was trouble-free. An absolute relief for anyone who has ever engaged in battle with an obstinate vintage Schick. So an easy load. 10/10.

Went a thicker lather than I'd customarily have for a straight - and let me say the Fine soaps (from the Netherlands) provides one of the most protective lathers in the business. So here I am standing opposite the spitting image of the Cella man!

Now we we were down to business a few things changed about the razor. I was visited by a very real fear that this thing would be like an eel in my fingers. Went to grab the alum to make for a surer grip but......no need. This surface is deceptively grippy. Kind of reminds me of the Standard razor.

Next was the balance. Sorry but it feels odd i the hand. Full stop!
...but on the face it kind of just makes sense. The balance is to the head but away from the edge so pressure seems centred in the right place. So I take back my initial concerns about the balance. Granted it feels weird, but it also does what it is designed to do. Shave! My call is that it's unbalanced in the hand, but balanced on the face.

Glide of the razor across the face is excellent. Has the right feel. No friction and yet not slippery. To me, the best word to describe it is "controlled". But it's in the glide that we discover another oddity...the double scrape tracks. The wake of this razor is like the track of a ski-do. Two very distinct tracks weave across your face...not a drama but never had a razor do this.

So anyway first shave. Three passes. And the result?

SUPERB!!!!

Not a single pop, not a single drop of blood. Zero irritation and +90% BBS. Seriously folks I am utterly and completely surprised.

Can't wait until tomorrow to see if it were all beginner's luck.

Nice review @stillshunter

TBH I did not sleep well last night I was having nightmares in which you were trying to fish the screw out of the drain.

Now I understood TBH = To Be Honest. Really???

Ditto - nice review

Nice review @stillshunter

TBH I did not sleep well last night I was having nightmares in which you were trying to fish the screw out of the drain.

ha ha ha if it were mine then you can count on my having had lost that integral piece within nanoseconds. other's things I care for very, very differently.

BTW mate that brush there, look familiar?...was a damned excellent little scrubber.

Now I understood TBH = To Be Honest. Really???

Ditto - nice review
LOL - FWIW IMO there is NP with using Internet Acronyms AKA "text shorthand", IOW abbreviations on forums. OTOH IAE I am worried that I may be going OT AAMOF and wish no disrespect to the OP ITT. TYVM for reading and TLK2UL8R.

SCNR, ROTFL, NRN, NNTR, TG4A, EOM

ha ha ha if it were mine then you can count on my having had lost that integral piece within nanoseconds. other's things I care for very, very differently.

BTW mate that brush there, look familiar?...was a damned excellent little scrubber.
Glad you are enjoying it mate - I miss it a bit TBH.

LOL - FWIW IMO there is NP with using Internet Acronyms AKA "text shorthand", IOW abbreviations on forums. OTOH IAE I am worried that I may be going OT AAMOF and wish no disrespect to the OP ITT. TYVM for reading and TLK2UL8R.

SCNR, ROTFL, NRN, NNTR, TG4A, EOM