alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Around 2 weeks ago I received this stainless steel razor from Patrick at Supply Provisions. It is the version with all 3 baseplates (mild, medium, aggressive) and unfortunately it is not the right fit for me.

Patrick generously refunded me most of my expenses and I decided to give others here a chance to fall in love with the razor.

1_Full_Razor_TopS_zpstariasqu.jpg

2_Full_Razor_BottomS_zpswummbqer.jpg

So here is your chance to give the razor a good workout with the additional bonus, that one of you lucky people will get it at the end – FOR FREE!

The rules
  • You have to be an active member here for at least the past month - if in doubt please PM me
  • The package includes the razor with 3 plates, the screw with spring and 40 Personna injector blades (2 magazines). If members along the way could please add some more blades (maybe some Schicks) – I am sure others would appreciate it.
  • The razor is your responsibility until the next member has it in hands – you have to keep the razor in the same condition you receive it. Please clean and sanitise the razor, before passing it on. Please consider insuring the razor (it is valued at ~135AU$) - insurance for 135AU$ just adds 3AU$ to the cost of shipping.
  • You can keep the razor for up to 2 weeks maximum – please don't keep it any longer to keep the momentum going
  • Please post here when you receive and pass on the razor – and of course please share your thoughts here – it is your only chance of winning the razor.
  • Once I have the razor back I will choose the winner from the reviews posted here. So the more reviews you write and pictures you post, the higher is your chance of winning.
Most important of all: ENJOY!

You can read reviews about the razor here:

http://damnfineshave.com/thread-supply-provisions-se

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...-supply-provision-reviews-and-comments.51852/

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...y-supply-provision-are-you-getting-one.35111/

Here also the tips and trick from the Supply Provisions page:

https://www.getsupply.com/blogs/journal/tips-and-tricks-for-shaving-with-the-single-edge-razor

My personal observations and tips:
  • I found the razor needs an extremely shallow (think carts) angle.
  • If you haven't loaded an injector razor before, I would highly recommend to just unscrew the baseplate, take the blade out of the magazine and load the razor like a DE. Be very careful not to damage the edge of the blade when you inject it out of the magazin.
  • Don't do the above in or near your sink – please don't loose the screw/spring
  • You can easily remove the blade, by pressing at the bottom of the baseblate under the screw.
  • If you want to keep the same blade in the razor – loosen up the screw at least half way to minimise the chances of tea stains/rust.
Please post if you want to participate and where you live. I will group you according to your regions – maybe this results in a meet-ups or get-together as well.

Hey @alfredus - great offer!

The Schick injector in the PCTB3 got a love of love - it will be interesting to see how this one behaves in comparison.

I'm certainly 'in' if it is coming near CBR :)

Thanks!

Hey Alfredus, i am in on this if possible. Live in Townsville, so if Dale if interested we can do swapsies. I have never tried a SE so it would be a first.

Of course you are in

Hey @alfredus - great offer!

The Schick injector in the PCTB3 got a love of love - it will be interesting to see how this one behaves in comparison.

I'm certainly 'in' if it is coming near CBR :)

Thanks!
The razor will now definitely come to Canberra

@Anthony Hunter - Townsville
@Mark1966 - Canberra

@alfredus how would you think someone who has not used an SE before would go with this razor?
I don't think it will be an issue - on the contrary I think the way you can open up and load the razor manually + the quick release "defect" takes away the most challenging issue with injectors IMO. You don't have to worry ruining the blade...

As with any razor your have to find the right angle and the razor has to be right fit for you...

@Mark1966 - Canberra
@Sxot - Mackay

I don't think it will be an issue - on the contrary I think the way you can open up and load the razor manually + the quick release "defect" takes away the most challenging issue with injectors IMO. You don't have to worry ruining the blade...

As with any razor your have to find the right angle and the razor has to be right fit for you...

@Mark1966 - Canberra
@Sxot - Mackay
Thanks @alfredus please count me in as well then. I am in Adelaide and depending on when this kicks off I would be happy enough to wait until it has toured the rest of the country first as I really need to be concentrating on my study for the next week or so.

BTW appreciate the offer to give it a try as well. Once again P&C members prove their outstanding generosity to be second to none.

Awesome pass around and PIF (don't forget!!) @alfredus -amazing generosity!!!

Sad to hear that it didn't meet your expectations but glad that Patrick refunded a good portion of the cost. It's interesting that you didn't like it at all. Especially after you've used and enjoyed some previous injectors.

I'm sitting this out. Not because I'm not interested, but because I have my own. [emoji6] I haven't used mine yet as I've been away, but I hope that my experience is the opposite to yours. [emoji16] I too have enjoyed some of the injectors I've tried. It certainly looks like your kind of razor!!!

For those still considering, the Injector razors are almost a sub-category of Single Edge razors. They are very simple and generally give an effortless shave. Most aren't known to be that aggressive. It's well worth giving it a try as this is both an unusual pass-around (a just realised modern injector) and generous PIF (you could get lucky!). [emoji4]

Seems like every one, who likes to participate in this is on the list?

I will finalise everything after the meet-up tomorrow - if nobody else from Adelaide wants to join, I will send the razor out next week...

Id like sto say yes but have had some issue with getting blades from @life a peach let alone a razor turning up. Thibk Aus post hates me lol Keen as mustard to try but

Id like sto say yes but have had some issue with getting blades from @life a peach let alone a razor turning up. Thibk Aus post hates me lol Keen as mustard to try but

Thus insurance is mandatory on this PIF! :)

Auspost we call Ausfarce around these parts ...

Hey - Happy shaving :)

Thus insurance is mandatory on this PIF! :)

Auspost we call Ausfarce around these parts ...

Hey - Happy shaving :)
I'd also say, that insurance should cover any problems. So if you want in @Brendan you should not let Ausfarce discourage you...