Supply Provisions Single Edge Pass Around with PIF

That's great news - looking very much forward to some pictures and reviews including some Manchurians ;)

First off. A big thanks to @alfredus for doing this pass around. It's very much appreciated.
I've tried a few injectors over the last couple of years but have never found one that I enjoyed. To me they feel almost cartridge like due to the weight and balance hence my interest in a heavy, stainless steel version. It certainly is heavy and the adjustable nature of it is a nice novelty but as has been said it would've been better if the razor had come with a second screw. I suspect more than a few of these will find themselves gathering dust in a drawer due to lost screws.
Shave One:
My first shave was with the #3 plate. Even at this level, it's most aggressive, this razor is very mild and forgiving. Too mild to be honest. No matter what I tried or how many passes I took I was unable to achieve the usual BBS on my cheeks. The angle was very easy to find and it provided a perfect irritation free shave which is always a plus when using a razor for the first time.
oBfX4rYm.jpg

Shave two:
Second shave was with the #2 plate and felt almost identical to my first shave. Very comfortable and mild. Again no BBS on my cheeks but very close everywhere else.
TGYDPPrm.jpg

Shave three:
Again I used the #2 plate and again a very pleasant shave was had but still no BBS on the cheeks.
TSSIZXtm.jpg

Overall I really don't think injector razors and I are ever going to get along. They either feel like toys/cartridges or don't shave close enough for me. I'll give this one another go tomorrow or Wednesday on plate #1 but I really don't think my opinion will be changed.

Nice write up @Nightguard !

Tell you what though - you guys have me REALLY worried about this screw now ...

Great write up @Nightguard - what a shame you don't seem to get along...

Look on the bright side - for some of you (and I am not singling out bean counting happy clappers) it may be the only screw you get - so enjoy :)

Why do you think I'm SOOOOOO worried about losing it!

7fec09b50253c1c71c6a29639b15250b.jpg

Fourth and final shave today with the Supply Provisions SE. U
Used the #1 bar today and I was far from impressed. Barely felt like I was cutting anything and my usual three pass shave turned into four passes with touch up. Even then there were areas on my neck that I missed. Sorry Supply Provisions but this razor and I just aren't going to get on. Again, a massive thanks to @alfredus for organising and providing the razor.

Who's next on the list for this?

Again very sorry, you didn't get along @Nightguard

Not sure if @Psmith is completely out, or just wanted to swap spots with you @Nightguard ?

If he is out, it goes next to Canberra to @Mark1966

'The screw' has landed ...

Still in the company of friends thankfully!

More to come ...

Again - big thanks to @alfredus for this pass around - great opportunity to try this.

A big disclaimer here - this is my first injector. I have a couple but have not used, was going to do so when the Travelling Box came back - this got here before that injector did!

First impressions - Stylish.

Seriously. Well packed in a tasteful and not garish way. The razor itself is minimalist and I would say 'uber cool' in look - reminds me of many Scandinavian designs.

The underside is not quite as attractive - but functional and you can ignore it most of the time. The irritating hand cut slot I've ignored completely.

The second thing you notice is the weight - this is a hefty beast! Initially in the hand it feels good, solid. In use, however, I felt the weight was unhelpful and it seemed a little unbalanced to me.

I've been using since Monday, four days now and teamed it the last two days with this combination -

I've kept using the 'Three Dot' most aggressive base plate - after using it I couldn't contemplate using anything less aggressive.

As I said the weight in use I found a little off-putting, the balance didn't feel right to me. Maybe this is tied up with the whole angle/injector v DE thing but but the end it simply felt heavy, not solid and hefty.

I don't think I had any trouble finding the angle - but certainly had trouble keeping the angle. In some areas of my face this was easy and I got a smooth, close shave. In others I obviously didn't - so there were lots of patches to go back over. Even towards the end of my time with her this was the case. Certainly in the first couple of days there were patches that took 3 - 4 passes to get done satisfactorily.

This may well be a result of my bad technique, first injector and all. I do suspect, however, that the 'window' for a close shave is pretty small. What I mean is that the angle for a close shave with this might be 15 degrees +/- 5 degrees whereas with a DE is seems like, say, 30 degrees +/- 10 degrees. If this hypothesis is true time and use, leading to better technique, will overcome that and it will become more instinctive. I'm not sure though whether I would use it so regularly, almost exclusively, to get that result.

Certainly if the 'Three Dot' plate is the most aggressive then I would have to say this is a mild razor. I didn't bother with the One or Two Dot plates, but frankly would have preferred the Three Dot as being the mid range for aggression rather than the upper limit.

Overall Summary

Could I use this every day for the rest of my life? Yes. I wouldn't though, there are other razors I prefer

Could I use this as part of a regular rotation of razors? Yes. I'm not sure that I would though as without the regular use I think you would get the learning curve issue again on technique. I'm always going to use DEs at different times, I have too many DE blades to waste, and that would interfere with the good results on this. I suspect I would reach for this as part of a rotation and have second thoughts ... [the different blades probably play a part here too]

Will some people find this their one and only razor? Yes. I think that is very possible - but not for me.

Again - big thanks to @alfredus for this pass around - great opportunity to try this.

A big disclaimer here - this is my first injector. I have a couple but have not used, was going to do so when the Travelling Box came back - this got here before that injector did!

First impressions - Stylish.

Seriously. Well packed in a tasteful and not garish way. The razor itself is minimalist and I would say 'uber cool' in look - reminds me of many Scandinavian designs.

The underside is not quite as attractive - but functional and you can ignore it most of the time. The irritating hand cut slot I've ignored completely.

The second thing you notice is the weight - this is a hefty beast! Initially in the hand it feels good, solid. In use, however, I felt the weight was unhelpful and it seemed a little unbalanced to me.

I've been using since Monday, four days now and teamed it the last two days with this combination -

I've kept using the 'Three Dot' most aggressive base plate - after using it I couldn't contemplate using anything less aggressive.

As I said the weight in use I found a little off-putting, the balance didn't feel right to me. Maybe this is tied up with the whole angle/injector v DE thing but but the end it simply felt heavy, not solid and hefty.

I don't think I had any trouble finding the angle - but certainly had trouble keeping the angle. In some areas of my face this was easy and I got a smooth, close shave. In others I obviously didn't - so there were lots of patches to go back over. Even towards the end of my time with her this was the case. Certainly in the first couple of days there were patches that took 3 - 4 passes to get done satisfactorily.

This may well be a result of my bad technique, first injector and all. I do suspect, however, that the 'window' for a close shave is pretty small. What I mean is that the angle for a close shave with this might be 15 degrees +/- 5 degrees whereas with a DE is seems like, say, 30 degrees +/- 10 degrees. If this hypothesis is true time and use, leading to better technique, will overcome that and it will become more instinctive. I'm not sure though whether I would use it so regularly, almost exclusively, to get that result.

Certainly if the 'Three Dot' plate is the most aggressive then I would have to say this is a mild razor. I didn't bother with the One or Two Dot plates, but frankly would have preferred the Three Dot as being the mid range for aggression rather than the upper limit.

Overall Summary

Could I use this every day for the rest of my life? Yes. I wouldn't though, there are other razors I prefer

Could I use this as part of a regular rotation of razors? Yes. I'm not sure that I would though as without the regular use I think you would get the learning curve issue again on technique. I'm always going to use DEs at different times, I have too many DE blades to waste, and that would interfere with the good results on this. I suspect I would reach for this as part of a rotation and have second thoughts ... [the different blades probably play a part here too]

Will some people find this their one and only razor? Yes. I think that is very possible - but not for me.

Great review @Mark1966 I find it interesting that you felt that the heft of the razor was detrimental as I did.

Great review @Mark1966 I find it interesting that you felt that the heft of the razor was detrimental as I did.

That is interesting. I made a point of NOT looking at the old reviews before posting mine so had forgotten this. I think it has something to do with the balance and way you use it vs a DE.

Repeat after me 10 times "It is not a DE!!" Now place your thumb and forefinger either side of the handle as close to the head/neck of the razor and allow the tip of the handle to rest on the ball of your little finger. It is a heavy razor - agreed, too heavy but it is not one of those vicious pretentious DE things. Did I just say that out loud?? :) Oh and keep an eye on the "screw".