H- SOTD 17.08.22

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap:- Squadron - Six One Seven
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Gillette - Minora (shave #2)
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydro Boost

Quick and easy shave

Squadron - Six One Seven…. Layered easily. Smell of the soap grew / became a lot more prominent once it had been bloomed and was being lathered. Subtle citrus and musk smells. Could easily be a unisex soap.

C

I've jumped out of a plane - strapped to somebody who knew what they were doing.

I'll sharp every morning with a sharp blade - honed by somebody who knew what they were doing.
DSnntWt.gif
giphy.gif

blow-me-funny.gif

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post-shave: Bootleggers Formula El Dorado splash
Fragrance: N/A

Seriously, these Bootlegger's splashes are great!

QoC82YOl.jpg

5oK4w2vh.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: Fuko Shaving Le Chiffe
Razor: Henson AL13
Blade: RK Shaving Stainless
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Post-shave: P&B Imperial Rum Balm
Splash: P&B Imperial Rum solid cologne

A new brush from Fuko Shaving, an Australian brush maker from Woolgoolga, NSW on Etsy. Unfortunately, my photo does not do this brush justice. Pat is relatively new but his work is amazing.

I haven't used my Henson AL13 much, but it's very light and very safe razor, perfect to recommend to someone who is a bit hesitant to get into DE shaving.

Last edited:
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm DScosmetic G7
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

Nice. I think I'll stick with this until the weekend... :unsure:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney boar/badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (5)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

You know you are distracted when you start the first pass and realise you forgot to take a picture. Probably no loss many would say ;)

Bv51I2M.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Excelsior 1470 Boar Brush
Soap:- Stirling - Sandpiper + 1/2 bottle of frost drops
Razor:- Monocero Husaria MIX
Blade:- Vintage Gillette - London Bridge - Made in England (Thanks to @eggbert)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Sandpiper + 1/2 bottle of frost drops

Out of all the $$$ badgers I own still really enjoy a good cheap utilitarian BOARing Semogue Best 90% Tops what a wonderful performer
Finally broke open the London Bridge blades in honour of the artisans (@Monocero) preferred blade

Pre-shave: Proraso Red preshave cream
Brush: TF Customs Rescue, Plissoft synthetic knot
Soap: Crown King The Kiss
Razor: Asylum Evolution
Blade: Gillette Minora #2
Post-shave: Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Stray Whisker Balm, Crown King The Kiss Splash

This soap / splash combo is next on the finish list. A shame because this scent is amazing and another favourite.
But it's almost gone, so full steam ahead exclusive use until finished.

rCUZqzk.jpg

Lupo 72
Zenith Unbleached Boar
Nacet
DG Epiphonenon
Olive Oil + water

Rough as guts shave last night.. Wanted a smooth and mild shave so turned to the trusty Lupo 72 loaded with an 'fresh' Nacet and the super slick and protective lather DG provided and the shave was so rough it literally left me red and with burn, something not experienced for such a long time.

First WTG wasn't bad, after the XTG I felt something wasn't right but played on anyway and after the ATG pass, well I thought I had totally screwed up and was certainly going to feel it today.

Can only bring it down to a faulty blade, cos a Nacet is usually smooth as butter in my 72..

The moral of this story is that I applied a little extra olive oil + water (10-12 drops) and let it sink in and did not end up applying any alcohol splash and today my neck and face are fine and might even shave tonight

Olive oil actually repairs burn amazingly well (y)

52295361076_028e8b2941_h.jpg

Ouzo
WR2 1.25
Wizamet
TroyCraft Olympiakos 2-Band Badger
Blue Devil LUST soap
Olive Oil + Blue Devil splash

Can this shave get any more Greek themed.. ouzo, greek keys, olympiakos.... sfakianakis :cool:

Big shout out to Olive Oil as a repairer of razor burn.. after last nights atrocious shave I had no doubt the burn would make me pay today, but here I am with the WR2 and the traditional 3 pass shave.. amazing!!!

also another big shout out to shaving under the influence.... OPAAA!!!!! (y)

52296442990_dbdb4f7d0b_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.