Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to try this olive oil bollokstomy😉
FYI @Mycroft47

Organic Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil (cold pressed) as an aftershave balm is great for the Autumn and Winter seasons so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

Olive-Oil-Grades-and-Culinary-Uses.jpg

H- SOTD 20.08.22

F4-ABA899-3-D9-B-48-C1-AF47-CD9455-A48-F06.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap:- P&B - Albion
Razor: Karve - Overlander
Blade: Gillette - 7 o’clock yellow
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydro Boost

AMAZING SHAVE

Used the Karve Overlander today for the first time - I got suckered in a few weeks back when Cris did a review of it on his channel.

The razor itself is exceptionally well made - the detailing and finish is superb. It’s also the first aluminium razor I’ve used …. Incredibly light.

Defaulted back to Gillette 7 o’clock yellows as they are my “standard” blade. Ended up with an incredibly smooth headshave. But the razor gives you a level of confidence similar to a cartridge razor …. That feeling where you know you can’t cut yourself. Very impressed!!

C

You're the only person that strongly believes @alfredus and @SpeedyPC about olive oil as another fantastic aftershave.

I enjoyed it from the first day I tried it, buy the other nights application not only prevented the razor Burn thats was definitely on its way but also restored it to a point where I shaved for BBS with the WR2 within 24hrs.. that really blew me away..

It's now part of my daily routine.. we will see how I get on with it in summer if no good I may try rubbing some fresh aloe Vera from my backyard :)

I enjoyed it from the first day I tried it, buy the other nights application not only prevented the razor Burn thats was definitely on its way but also restored it to a point where I shaved for BBS with the WR2 within 24hrs.. that really blew me away..

It's now part of my daily routine.. we will see how I get on with it in summer if no good I may try rubbing some fresh aloe Vera from my backyard :)
You really need to try my aftershave recipe

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @TroyTools Platypig shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Imagine, just imagine ...

... if you could win a brush as magnificent as this in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

... if you could win a wonderful one of a kind shaving bowl like this in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

... if you could win an (in stock) shaving soap + any post-shave balm + any aftershave splash + free standard postage to any Australian postcode from the in stock Stirling soaps at Artisan Arcade in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

Wouldn't THAT be worth putting in your diary?

zZjlewgl.jpg

Last edited:

... if you could win a brush as magnificent as this in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

... if you could win a wonderful one of a kind shaving bowl like this in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

... if you could win an (in stock) shaving soap + any post-shave balm + any aftershave splash + free standard postage to any Australian postcode from the in stock Stirling soaps at Artisan Arcade in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

zZjlewgl.jpg

pretty keen to win a shaving bowl this year :eek:)

Last edited by a moderator:

zZjlewgl.jpg
@Mark1966 the P&C Charity Auction SOTD News Flash!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
SOTWeekend
1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

Last edited:
yxLUMkh.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion

yxLUMkh.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion
Nice line up there @TomG

9hr0pkI.png

IMHO Phoenix and Beau Spitfire is a great soap. The performance and scent suit me perfectly. My thanks to @Mark1966 , @Nanook , and @Razor Burn for their encouragement and advice on how not to overload the balm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Razor: Monocero Husaria Solid Bar
Blade: Pesonna Platinum
Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap
IMHO this is a great soap. The performance and scent suit me perfectly. My thanks to @Mark, @Nano, and @Razor for their encouragement and advice on how not to overload the balm.

Last edited:
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann shaving soap
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (7)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw / Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann toner
Fragrance: Wholly Kaw / Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann EDT

... if you could win a set of not available in Australia Timmermann products in the 2022 P&C Charity Auction from 2 - 8 October,

Really glad you enjoyed the Spitfire @klinker !

QQt07Xxl.jpg

9hr0pkI.png

IMHO Phoenix and Beau Spitfire is a great soap. The performance and scent suit me perfectly. My thanks to @Mark1966 , @Nanook , and @Razor Burn for their encouragement and advice on how not to overload the balm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Razor: Monocero Husaria Solid Bar
Blade: Pesonna Platinum
Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap
IMHO this is a great soap. The performance and scent suit me perfectly. My thanks to @Mark, @Nano, and @Razor for their encouragement and advice on how not to overload the balm.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. As mentioned before by those that use it, it's a scent that can go either way.

This week:

full

Proraso Pro boar brush​
ARKO stick face lathered (ARKO August)​
Monday = Gold Dollar W59 off pasted balsa (top left)​
Tuesday = Gold Dollar W59 off Cnat (middle left)​
Wednesday = Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 off Cnat (top right)​
Thursday = day off due to gastroenteritis​
Friday = Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 off pasted balsa (bottom left)​
Saturday & Sunday = Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 off pasted denim hanging strop (bottom right)​

Status
Not open for further replies.