Not open for further replies.
T1tV6bNl.jpg

Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum
Soap: Vintage Potter & Moore
A/S: Vintage Potter and Moore
Cologne: GFT Ajaccio Violets

Very enjoyable birthday shave. The lather from the Potter and Moore soap is incredibly thick and dense, although I didn't add enough water so the slickness was somewhat lacking. The matching A/S splash I found at a local vintage market last week, nothing special although the scent is very pleasant it doesn't last beyond the bathroom door. Great scent from the GFT Ajaccio Violets.

Happy birthday mate!

Even prepared to forgive you for that soap today!

T1tV6bNl.jpg

Very enjoyable birthday shave. The lather from the Potter and Moore soap is incredibly thick and dense, although I didn't add enough water so the slickness was somewhat lacking. The matching A/S splash I found at a local vintage market last week, nothing special although the scent is very pleasant it doesn't last beyond the bathroom door. Great scent from the GFT Ajaccio Violets.
Happy Birthday @Nightguard! Hope it was an enjoyable event!

Merry vaginal transit anniversary commemoration day @Nightguard!

It's been cooler in the last couple of days. Broken out the @Barrister & Mann Dickens again, love being back in that groove and at the rate I use it I may actually finish it this year if I rarely stray from it. Probably going to be on that and Nght Music solidly now during the cooler weather.

Rhapsody & Le Petit Chypre have been my go-to's of late, and the Le Petit especially amazing scent & performance for the money. Go get some from Con today if he has any left.

Merry vaginal transit anniversary commemoration day @Nightguard!

Assuming a natural birth then?

My kids talk about 'womb eviction day' to ensure all bases are covered :)

[Not a C-section amongst them BTW]

YTqduKB.jpg

26/05/16

Muhle R89 / Racer SS
Omega 11126
Valobra Almond - Soft Soap
Olay Men Refreshing Energy Post Shave Toner / Natio Maximum ASB​

After watching nickshaves on YouTube yesterday, I noticed he never does ATG passes. He does have good looking skin, so I thought, maybe he was on to something. Maybe? For the first time today, I decided to remove the ATG pass from my shave - I did 1x WTG followed by 2x XTG, plus touch-ups. This resulted in a respectable and comfortable shave, but not close enough for my liking. There's a bit of stubble left over in certain area's and it just doesn't feel as rewarding. I might have more luck with a sharper blade and/or more aggressive razor, but I think the ATG pass goes back into my routine for the next shave.

Valobra Almond has moved into my rotation as the colder weather kicks-in. I didn't think much of this soap when I initially used it about 9 months ago - it just appeared to lack slickness. However, I've had much better results recently and there was plenty of slickness today. The trick - Just add heaps of water. Lather shot can be seen here

Happy Shaving Everyone !!

img_2954.jpg

The Dandy Gent facial scrub
3P preshave
New Forest Tubby 1
OSP - UKWSS Herb Garden soap
Above the Tie H1
English Wilkinson Sword (2)
OSP - UKWSS Herb Garden aftershave tonic

Nice cooling shave with this new soap and splash from OSP. A nice herby lavender scent with a touch of menthol. The new brush is very nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor: Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Schick Superior Platinum (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson badger
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac

Off to Victoria! Got my Mike's packed. Quick visit to Ballarat and back home tomorrow night.

20160527_075618 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: PAA Ice soap and Proraso Red preshave cream
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather(3)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2
Soap: Mystic Water Sweet Briar(May Madness)
Post Shave: Gummy Balm and Fine L'Orange Noir AS followed by Terre d'Hermes EDP
Two pass shave with a small nick on my chin but nothing the alum couldn't handle. The feather blade was still nice and sharp third shave around and gave me near BBS after two passes. The Simpsons brush is a face lathering beast and I love it. The scent of the Fine is wonderful and the Terre d'Hermes just tops it off.

Preshave: Blind Barber
Razor: Rockwell S6 (4)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Simpsons Persian Jar 2 Super
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Post Shave: Alum, Thayers, Coral Skin food followed by Terre d'Hermes EdT.

An important meeting this morning and this is my go to set up for an amazing, irritation free shave with no nicks or weepers.
The brush gets better and better. I don't think I appreciated how good it was to start with.

Early morning bloody cold snap weather shave in Sydney Darn! :confused::eek:
Razor: - Razorock Mission
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: - Semogue 2015HD Silvertip
Soap/Cream: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Suds: Shaver Heaven - Arctic Mango
Brush: The Duke - 2 Best
Sword: Parker 510 6/8 full
Salve: Thayers WH, PAA CaD.

Wonderful, enjoyable, close, BBS - , virtually irritation free. I think I might be finally at the point where my stropping actually improves the edge. I say that only because yesterday was the first shave, straight off the Jnat. Today, was a whole notch smoother. Nice when you realise you've made an advance.

Going out with the Good Lady tonight. I'm thinking I might break out the DE for the first time in months just to mix things up. May not shave at all, the shave will still be good then.

20160527_SOTDS_zpstbddmdd7.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mystic Water Sample D
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Nice shave today and the last with this particular setup - lather shot in the lather section.

T1tV6bNl.jpg

Happy Birthday @Nightguard .

Razor: EJ 89
Blade: GBE
Cream: GFT Violets
A/S: GFT Skinfood

Thanks for the birthday wishes fellas. Great shave today, really enjoy both the scent and performance of the GFT Violets cream. The matching cologne is fantastic, even if it does instantly remind me of my mothers Yardley Violets perfume.

SOTD - Ballarat, Victoria

Razor:
Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel Cart (1?)
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso

I don't know WHAT I was doing the first time I tried the synthetic brush on the Mike's - it just creates a rich, slippery lather with great ease - a winning start.

The shave was less winning. I'm not sure what has happened but I wonder if I've loaded a cartridge into the handle that I've used before? It doesn't look greatly used but gave a rubbish shave. Maybe they are as sensitive as the Gillette research scientist claims.

Finished with Floid which I'm a little over.

All in all a functional but not really enjoyable shave.

Ahhhh, the 'good' old days ...

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Today's shave is brought to you by the colour red.
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue ( I know it should have been Personna Red)
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Floid Suave

First time out with (very) user grade red tip and I am very impressed. Like a Fatboy on 5/6 and just as smooth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.