Not open for further replies.
Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: B&M Latha
Razor: Gillette Fatboy Adjustable
Blade: Voshkod [1]
After-shave: Pitralon Swiss

Travel shave!
The synthetic is self-explanatory.
The soap is a smaller plastic tub that's "replaceable".
The FatBoy was a change though... I thought I'd experiment travelling with it as its been a while since I've travelled with an adjustable razor.
The Swiss Pitralon is in a small squeeze container and is a lightly (yet fragrant) scented aftershave with great feeling for the face.

Went and got a haircut, then came home and had a shave.

Brush: Plissitane
Soap: @Anthony's Shaver Heaven "Mo'vember"
Razor: Fatboy E3 (5)
Blade: Gillette Super Silver, semi-modern Orange Pack c.2000 (1)

Outstanding shave with the standard 2-pass WTG & Semi-XTG. Great scent for summer, citrus with a little spice. No requirement for anything afterwards.

12347781_10203955250240086_2661370983778758265_n.jpg

The shave started a little differently, with my suds sampler nominee Razorock Holy Cannoli (see review here), but ended better with the Speick pictured.

Last edited:
20151205_zpst370bkoz.png

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Proraso White pre-shave
Brush : Plisson
Soap : Mystic Waters "Irish Traveller"
Razor : Puma 89 Special
After Shave : Alum Stick, Argan Oil
After Shave Splash : Speick

First shave with the NOS Puma 89 Special. It delivered an excellent shave in a quietly efficient manner. I gave it high marks for both comfort and efficiency. The rest of the action was handled by a selection from the usual cast of software suspects, all tried and tested.

Soap: Shaver Heaven Cherry Bliss
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Ubersoft II
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Sheick Super Stainless (Sweeden made vintage) thanks @borked
Post-shave: Alum

Must admit Cherry Bliss by @Anthony is in my top 5 soaps, love the scent. All in all nice afternoon shave.

20151205_zpst370bkoz.png

Face Wash : PAA Menthol Glycerine Soap
Pre-Shave : Proraso White pre-shave
Brush : Plisson
Soap : Mystic Waters "Irish Traveller"
Razor : Puma 89 Special
After Shave : Alum Stick, Argan Oil
After Shave Splash : Speick

First shave with the NOS Puma 89 Special. It delivered an excellent shave in a quietly efficient manner. I gave it high marks for both comfort and efficiency. The rest of the action was handled by a selection from the usual cast of software suspects, all tried and tested.
Oh sweet, sweet razor. @Mark has the same one which I keep hinting to him to sell to me, but I'm obviously being too subtle....

Not sure if it was the hot day but I had a very uncomfortable 2 pass shave tonight. I suspect the blade was perhaps a bit on the dull side as well because the face while not cut did not look happy. Oh well try again tomorrow.

Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Black handled Super Speed
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Shaver Heaven Mayan Musk
Splash: Shaver Heaven Forbidden Forrest

Razor and brush purchased from @Nightguard, first time using both. This is the first vintage razor I've used.
It's definitely the most mild razor I have and I love it! Brush worked wonderfully also.

Brush: New Forest
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barber Shop
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood

Firstly a big thanks to @Nightguard for remembering my interest in trying a New Forest brush and enabling that ;)

The brush itself is a 2001 with a 20mm knot and a 50mm loft. Ben was upfront in saying that he really didn't like this brush - he found the hair quite scratchy and being set at such a high loft it was overly floppy for him. So I brought the brush with low expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised! I didn't really find the hair scratchy, although I do mainly used vintage brushes with their original hair and have one Simpson reknotted in 'pure' - so I'm probably not a soft bristles guru! The lathering over the last couple of days when I've been using it has been easy and I would not describe it as floppy - the knot seems pretty firm despite the loft and gives, to me, a good, direct face feel.

The brush is not perfect however. While the 43 mm handle height (total 93mm overall) is not a problem and weight is OK the diameter of the handle is 30mm. The thinnest of the other brushes I use is 32mm and the difference is noticeable. It feels small in my hands and I'm not sure I like it as a result. So funny how people's opinions and tastes can vary.

The Mike's was good as usual and the Ogallala sensational - really is a great post-shave product!

Soap: Razo Rock Holly Cannoli
Brush: Shave Revolution 24mm HMW badger
Blade: Sheick Super Stainless (Sweden made vintage) thanks @borked

After reading @stillshunter review of the soap, I thought I would have another use of the soap. First things first the scent for mine is great. I lathered from the puck and followed some of the great advice that I read from @alfredus and whilst I generated a passable lather it is well short of what I get from my favourite soaps. I will try with different brushes but overall it was a bit of a disappointing one pass shave today.

Soap: Razo Rock Holly Cannoli
Brush: Shave Revolution 24mm HMW badger
Blade: Sheick Super Stainless (Sweden made vintage) thanks @borked

After reading @stillshunter review of the soap, I thought I would have another use of the soap. First things first the scent for mine is great. I lathered from the puck and followed some of the great advice that I read from @alfredus and whilst I generated a passable lather it is well short of what I get from my favourite soaps. I will try with different brushes but overall it was a bit of a disappointing one pass shave today.

Shit sorry mate I don't mean to have ruined it.

20151206_094233 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso White
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
A wonderful three pass shave today. The soap and blade combination made for a smooth, close shave. No cuts or irritation just pure enjoyment.

20151206_SOTDSSepia_zps4hipbnvw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, Ghanese Organic Unrefined Shea Butter​

Really hot day here, so had to go with truly tested and loved - perfect shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.